Taking Flight

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As you watched South Korea get smaller and smaller, your thoughts drifted like the clouds surrounding you. You couldn’t believe the frenzy and everything that had happened within the last 2 weeks, and the new journey you’re about to embark on alone seems even more surreal.

On the day after your fateful phone call with Hansol, you woke up to find that your phone screen had lighted up with a notification: you had received an email from the National University of Singapore. Whipping out your laptop immediately, you read through the contents of the email carefully and you were thrilled to find that you had been accepted by the university into their faculty of medicine. Your fingers flew over the keyboard as you typed out a reply to them to thank them for their acceptance. By the time you were done with breakfast, you had received your study details and you were pumped up to begin your journey.

Within those 2 weeks before you were set to fly to Singapore, life for you moved at the speed of a Japanese bullet train. You started doing research on the city that you would call home for the next 4 years, trying your best to understand the Singapore landscape through words, videos and pictures. You had also taken time off to say goodbye to close friends and family, your evenings spent over the dinner table as you chatted with them with pieces of advice for you mixed in between mouthfuls of food and sips of drinks.

Mornings were spent bent over cardboard boxes as you cleared your rooms of your belongings bit by bit before driving some boxes down to the post office to have them mailed to your hostel in Singapore, whilst the contents of the other boxes would find themselves a new home amongst the less fortunate in your society.

Every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter