When I was your man

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the days passed, you gradually got to know the NCT a whole lot better. You became a frequent visitor to their practise rooms upon Hansol’s request and the boys always had smiles to give you. The younger ones loved to hear about your adventures and life experiences. Sometimes you used your smart brain to help them with school work as well. To the older ones, you were a warm friend and someone they could rely on to take care of Hansol. Although sometimes, the more playful ones like Ten, Johnny and Haechan would try to get some embarrassing childhood stories of  Hansol out of you so that they could blackmail him with it in future.

What surprised you most was Yuta’s attitude change towards you.

In the initial stages, he would always keep an eye on you, and even more so when you were around Hansol. But gradually, he began to warm up to you after watching your interactions with the minis, caring for them like your own brothers. It started with small smiles but now the two of you were close enough to go for coffee runs together and apart from Hansol and Taeil, you were the closest to him in NCT. His open mind and great insight on things also made him a very good friend to have around.

Everything in your life was going alright now, except for your love life.

Being a frequent visitor of NCT’s practise rooms also meant that you saw Taeil often and you don’t miss it when he gives you the subtle extra attention. It ranges from the small things like making sure you’re the first to get food, to sending you home on nights when Hansol has to stay behind for extra dance practises. During moments when the two of you were alone, Taeil also makes it very clear that he feels a lot for you and his actions sent a silent message: “I’m not giving up yet.”

The matters of the heart cannot be controlled, and you were no exception to this funny fate.

With every effort that the both of them made at trying to win your heart over fully, your feelings got more confused. Your heart beat faster when you were with them, you became more conscious of your looks and every small gesture could send your heart into overdrive or cause a smile to spread on your lips. You were sure that you felt affection towards the both of them but you could not decide what kind of affection it was. You never believed in magical workings from someone high above but in your situation, you were know praying for some sort of sign daily to help you decide because your heart was incapable of doing so.

You didn’t have to wait any longer, because the sign came the very next day.

-

Like too many nights before, the dance unit had to stay behind to practise their new choreography and Hansol couldn’t send you home. You found yourself in the good hands of Taeil and you left the practise room with him as Hansol yelled at you to send him a text when you get home over the deafening music.

The trip home was like any other, Taeil asking you how work was and in return, you listened when he began to talk about the preparations for their comeback that would kick off when the new year comes round.

Your apartment finally came into view and you turned to bid Taeil farewell for the day.

“Good night Taeil. Thank you sending me home again.”

“You’re welcome.” You realised that he wasn’t looking at your eyes but your lips instead. Slowly, his face came closer and closer and at that moment before his lips touched yours, you realised he was actually trying to kiss you.

Your instincts kicked in and a voice in your head screamed, reasoning that he wasn’t Hansol, causing you to raise your arms and push Taeil back. The pained ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter