Unworthy

Fade Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Missing you had turned Hansol’s heart into a desert but finding you has made it a beautiful oasis. The feeling of love in his blood used to flow like a calm stream but now with you close to him, the love in his blood raced through his heart like a river raging during a storm. His love used to be calm like a hearty hearth but now it was a fiery inferno.

His love for you was always present, but now that you were here, he had to do all he could to keep you here.

He hugged you for a long while, taking in your scent and your small frame, marvelling at how nicely you fit within his arms even after so many years. You let him do as he pleased, relaxing further into his hug. You were enjoying this a little too much and then he pulled away but he still stayed close. Your hands had a firm hold on his forearm as he held you by your shoulder. Your foreheads are connected, his eyes frantically searching yours, making sure that you were real and not just a figment of his cruel imagination. But no matter how long he stood there, he still felt your warm skin against his, the same bright eyes staring into his huge ones.

You were here, and he wasn’t dreaming.

The first words he spoke to you could not have possibly summed up his longing all these years but it was all he could manage at the moment.

“I’ve missed you Liz.”

Closing your eyes, you nodded and said,

“I’ve missed you too.”

Both of you had so many questions to ask one another but yet both of you cared too much for the other to keep each other up at night with questions.

“You must be tired Liz, get some rest.”

“Yea I should head back to Lisa’s, good night Hansol.”

You stepped back but he held on.

“I don’t mean go home Liz, I meant rest here, in my apartment.”

You were dumbfounded and he convinced you again.

“Please Liz don’t go. I… I only found you today. Call me selfish, but I’m not willing to let you go again. Not after what happened the last time.”

His desperate voice and pleading eyes made you cave and they also made you guilty. You must have hurt him so much when you mysteriously disappeared. You realised how selfish you were, thinking only of your pain back then without considering how he must have felt when someone so precious and dear to him just took flight without letting him know at all. Everything that seemed so natural to you back then now stood out under the harsh light and you were reminded of the mistakes you made. You immediately felt like a horrible person as you cringed at yourself.

But before you could get anymore disgusted at yourself, Hansol’s voice broke through your thoughts.

“Liz, I don’t have a guest room so you’ll sleep in my room ok?”

“Then where will you sleep?”

“My couch is big enough for me so the living room.”

“No.”

“What?”

“Don’t sleep out here, I’ll feel bad.”

He looked at you, expecting a solution to your problem with him sleeping on the couch.

“Share the bed with me, or I’m sleeping on the couch instead.”

Holding his gaze, both of you had a staring contest until he finally relented.

“Ok.”

Your phone in your pocket buzzed again, distracting you. He took the opportunity to move the luggages to his room, clearing the walkway in the process.

Lisa’s name lighted up on your screen and you quickly swiped the green button.

“Liz, where are you? It’s already 12am.”

“Sorry Lisa, I got held up…” You weren’t sure how to word the whole situation to her, you still had trouble processing what’s happening.

“Where are you now?”

“I’m at Hansol’s house.”

“Hansol? But didn’t you alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter