Early

Fallen

 All night long, Youngjae wasn't able to fall asleep. His thoughts were running wild in his mind. Although he closed his eyes and tried to empty it, his brain refused to obey. However, the worst to admit was that these thoughts were circling around one person. Even if he didn't know much about this person, it wasn't a problem to spend the whole night with thinking about him.

  ' you, Im Jaebum' he mumbled and sat up on his bed and rubbed his eyes.

 His throat was entirely dry and it was a struggle to swallow even his saliva. He decided to drink something, if he couldn't sleep. He walked to the kitchen, opened the cupboard and took out a glass. He tried to do it without making any noise. He knew that his parents were so tired, they had no intent to wake up in the middle of the night due to the clamor their clumsy son did. It was obvious they were fast asleep; not only his father but his mother was snoring as well.

 Youngjae sat on the counter and was sipping on his cup of water. It felt a million times better. Although he was still thinking about the light brown haired guy, at least his throat wasn't dry anymore.

 

 Next morning, he was scooping his cereal calmly. Because he didn't sleep much, he got out of bed in time, and he didn't have to rush anywhere.

  'Why were you awake that late?' his mother asked as she poured some coffee for herself. 'Were you watching ?' she questioned with an ugly grimace on her face.

  'What?' the boy asked as he swallowed a spoonful of milk.

  'Just so you know, I can't stand those who watch these nasty things. Disgusting' the mother leant closer to him with showing her pointing finger.

  'Eomma! What are you talking about? I couldn't sleep' Youngjae cried.

 The woman sighed and picked up her mug of coffee. It was clear she didn't believe him. Youngjae felt he was done with her for that morning. He snatched his bag and headed out to the university. He took his bicycle, but not because he was late, but because he had so much time to wait for the bus.

 As he arrived at the school, he sat down on the bench on the field and took out his phone from his bag. He plugged in his earphones and pushed the play button on the little machine's screen. He needed to reduce the stress his mother's presence gave him. He was so tired, he not only could fall asleep, but he did fall asleep. A hand on his shoulder woke him up from his dreams.

  'Why are you so early today?' a smiley face asked him, as he sat down next to the black-haired. It was Jaebum. He looked so much better in real life, than as Youngjae remembered the other night.

  'What do you mean?' he pulled the earphones out of his ears. He heard only the half of the question because of the loud music that bowled in his ears.

  'You always get to school late' Jaebum pushed his sunglasses at the top of his head. They were sitting in a big oak tree’s shadow. There was no need for those sunglasses to cover his eyes. And he also thought it was disrespectful to the younger.

  'Ah, I couldn't bear my mother and her continuous demanding and her assumptions' he sighed with a relief in his voice. He of course didn’t want to tell him the truth. Saying he was dreaming about him and was unable to fall asleep because of that, would have been ridiculously lame and awkward. As soon as he realized what the other asked, new unanswered questions popped into his head. 'How do you know I'm always late?'

  'As a graduate, I usually don't have first period and I often see you running through the field' the elder laughed without any sign that would mean he got nervous of the question.

 Youngjae couldn't scrape his smile off of his face.

 Did Jaebum was observing him?

 But as soon as this came to his mind, he abandoned it.

 No way. Especially not in that way

  'And why are you so early then?' the black-haired turned into Jaebum's direction with all of his body. He looked like a model even from side view. That girl was so freaking lucky for having a boyfriend like Im Jaebum.

  'I hate being in hurry' the elder simply answered. As he noticed that this sentence made no sense at all to Youngjae, he quickly added. 'Also I don't sleep too well, and I really have nothing else to do in the mornings'

  'I see' the black-haired gave him a sad but empathic smile. He was wondering if Im Jaebum also had so many thoughts about someone that made him unable to sleep.

 They had plenty more minutes to talk before the younger's first lesson started, that they spent with getting to know each other a little more. Youngjae often blushed as the elder said something ambiguous. He was nervous in the other's company for sure. But he loved that thrill. He wished the bell would never ring and they could talk until the eternity.

  'I guess I’ll go to the biology auditorium, I really only have a few minutes left before the start' Youngjae stood up and looked around on the field that was crowded by the arriving students a minute ago, and now seemed weirdly empty.

  'Hey' Jaebum suddenly grabbed the other’s wrist in order to make him stay a little bit longer. At least as long as he could say one more thing. 'Will you walk me home today?'

 Youngjae forgot to blink and breathe for a second. As he got back to reality, he went ridiculously red, and nodded.

 "I thought guys don’t usually walk other guys home" he mentally said with more courage, as he turned around and left to the biology auditorium’s direction.