Mixed Feelings

Fallen

 As the first period was over, Yugyeom's first thing to do was questioning his friend about the previous morning. As he dropped himself next to Youngjae, he noticed immediately how joyful he was. Although he was always smiling and happy about something, this time it seemed different. Yugyeom was aware of it for sure, he knew the black-haired for so long and so well.

  'Hey, you missing kid' he greeted because he didn't have the opportunity to do that earlier due to Youngjae stepping into the auditorium exactly a minute before the lesson had started. 'How come you hadn't been that late this morning?'

 Youngjae looked at the source of the question with a smile that looked like he got drunk by having too much fun.

  'I'm simply a great student' he simply answered.

  'Yeah, you are' the younger laughed as he hit the other's back with a forceful movement. He couldn't bear anymore not to ask about the other day. He was strong while they talked for a minute on the phone, but now, face to face, Youngjae couldn't run away. 'And, where were you yesterday at dawn?'

  'Is it some kind of interrogation?' the elder immediately responded. Whenever he answered to a question with a question, it wasn't too much for him not to freak out. But he wasn't that inflammable...

  'Of course it's not' the bleached defended himself immediately. Not only the sudden changes in his voice, but also his lifted palms referred to that as well.

  'I'm sorry' Youngjae apologized as he tilted his head. He didn't mean to respond in such a rude way, he only felt himself in an uncomfortable situation if he had to talk about Jaebum. 'I don't want to talk about it'

 This sentence made Yugyeom's mind to run wild. He unwittingly thought of the worst.

  'But, you weren't , were you?'

  'Stop it, Yugyeom' Youngjae cried as he fisted the other's shoulder. 'It's not funny' he added. Actually, it was almost what had happened…

 

 After the last period, as Youngjae and Yugyeom were walking towards the bus station, suddenly the elder remembered his plans for that afternoon.

  'Where are you going?' the bleached haired asked from his friend as he noticed the other wanted to turn to a different direction.

  'I came by bike' he answered and hoped that it would be enough as a response. As a result, the younger began to walk to the back of the building of the university. As Youngjae reached him, he panted out;

  'Yugyeom,' he touched his shoulder. 'Did you come by bicycle as well? Or why are you heading to the back?'

  'No, but I will walk with you' he declared like it was an ordinary thing.

  'No, you won’t' he opposed with an awkward laugh. 'Yugyeom, you’ve never wanted to come with me. Why would you now?' he added curiously.

 Yugyeom tilted his head, like he was considering both telling and keeping it to himself. It took a few longer seconds to finally come to a decision. However, as he looked at his friend, he seemed like he was so sure about what he was about to say.

  'I want to spend a little more time with you, hyung' he moaned as he rubbed the other’s top of head.

  'Where does this sudden neediness come from? I don't remember you being that caring' Youngjae backed away as he fixed his messed up hair.

  'I've always loved you' Yugyeom said without any muscles twitching in his face. But if Youngjae had looked closer, he would have noticed his jaw line that referred to him setting his teeth.

  'You’re so ridiculous, Yugyeom, go home, I really need to hurry as well. I’m sorry' he shrugged his shoulders and hopped on his bike. He stopped at the gate of the university and followed the younger’s half-hearted steps towards the bus.

 “He was so weird…”

 

 

Writer's Note:

Short chapter, but at the weekend I will upload a definietly much longer and maybe more interesting one. I just wanted to start detailing Youngjae and Yugyeom's relationship a little more, because soon it will be needed;)