Confess

Fallen

 The street was silent and dark. Some scant light was coming from the street lamps though. It wasn't unbearably cold. A light breeze made the air fresh and crispy.

 The two guys were in the middle of the road. Luckily, no cars wanted to drive there that night. One of them held the other on his thighs and was clenching his hand in order to calm him. He didn't know that his own presence was what made him confused and unstrung but restful and safe as well.

 Youngjae's eyes were still closed. However, not because he couldn't open it. After that person kissed his forehead, everything made sense. He recognized who it was and really didn't want to see him.

  'Take your time, Youngjae. I'll be here' he whispered while he was the mentioned guy's hair. He probably thought the elder wasn't awake.

 It was uncomfortable for Youngjae. It was his best friend. And he really didn't seem to do these things just for friendship. But still, the elder couldn't even move. He was still shocked.

  'Yugyeom' he eventually said after a few minutes, opened his eyes, that made his face look a little like he'd just woken up, which wasn't true, but because he kept them closed, became more tired and powerless.

  'Thank God, you're okay. I seriously started to think I should call your parents' Yugyeom exhaled. The black-haired didn't care about what he had said, he didn't even react on it, although he really wouldn't have liked his parents to know about that.

  'What are you doing?' he just asked, because last time they talked, the younger acted weird and nothing like the real Yugyeom. And now there he was kissing him and behaving like before. At least, almost like before...

  'What do you mean?' the younger asked back, although it was pretty obvious what Youngjae was talking about, and he knew it as well.

 The black-haired straightened up from the other's lap and wiped his chin. It was itchy. The blood colored the end of his white pullover's sleeve. Youngjae just realized how badly he was beaten. And suddenly, in every parts of his body, he started to feel the cruel pain. On his jaw, where he was hit, in his stomach, where he was kicked, in his arms, on which he had fallen. Nothing of these were sensible while Yugyeom was holding him, but now that he got out of his defense, he didn't feel protected anymore.

  'Why did you kiss my forehead?' The words slipped out from behind his set teeth slowly, like it was a torture for him to speak.

 Yugyeom averted his eyes and his regard stuck to the ground. He didn't say a word for long seconds, but Youngjae was patient. He wasn't in a hurry to Jaebum's flat anymore. Actually, he had totally forgotten it.

  'So you were awake' he said with a sad smile on his face.

 Yugyeom took a deep breath and finally looked at the other, who had been waiting patiently.

  'I think...' he started, but abandoned the idea of empty talk immediately. He hushed again and didn't say a word. Although it looked like he was taking it easy and acted as if he had so much time, but in reality, thoughts were running wild in his mind.

 He was in love with Youngjae...

 Should he confess? Hell no. Youngjae had fallen for Im Jaebum. And Yugyeom felt like he couldn't fight against the graduate. It was hopeless. But the black-haired probably was aware of his feelings by now. There was no reason to keep it as a secret anymore.

  'I'm in love with you' he finished. He said it without any thinking. He was sure he would regret it later.

 Youngjae swallowed hard and averted his eyes. It made no sense at all.

  'But what about Jei?' He tried to make the younger realize he was in the middle of making a huge mistake.

 Yugyeom took his regard from the black-haired and with an awkward smile, added;

  'Yeah, she's pretty hot' he admitted, but if Youngjae had watched more closely, he would have recognized that there was a sneaky little tone in the taller's voice, that referred to him saying it sarcastically.

 Yugyeom saw that Youngjae was in an uncomfortable situation, so before he would faint or lose his mind, he hopelessly added;

  'You don't have to say or do anything. I know you love Im Jaebum. I just want one thing from you. Please, stay friends. I don't want this to step between our friendship' he said without any emotions on his face. As if he didn't really mean it seriously at all.

 Youngjae nodded with closed mouth. He was glad the younger understood his situation but felt so sorry for him.

 Yugyeom stood up and helped the black-haired as well.

  'Anyways, why were you here? Where were you heading to?' he asked as he grabbed the bicycle from the ground.

  'Nowhere, really' Youngjae responded. He didn't want to tell him he was on his way to Jaebum. From now on, he paid more attention what he was saying. He didn't want to hurt Yugyeom, even though he was hurting himself with that.

  'Okay then' Yugyeom smiled. He was almost sure about that the elder was hiding something, but the last thing he wanted to do was doubting. 'Can I take you on a bit?' he questioned sheepishly.

  'Sure' Youngjae laughed and entwined his arm around the blonde's neck but pulled it back, due to the sudden pain.

  'Are you okay?' the younger cracked up sympathetically. Although he laughed, deep inside he knew, once he returns home, he would cry his soul out.

 

 Youngjae stepped into the dark house and headed to his bedroom. He really didn't want to meet his parents, however, it was unavoidable.

  'Do you really think you can do whatever you want to?' his mother came in. She was so pissed off. 'You don't attend classes, you come home late without letting us know where you are' she said, with her eyes almost on fire. 'I've never thought I would disappoint so much in my own son' she added and walked out of the room. Youngjae just sighed and dropped himself on the bed.

 She couldn't understand what he was going through.

 

 The next day, Youngjae woke up late. He rushed out of the house, hopped on his bike and cycled to the university. As he ran to the auditorium through the field, he noticed Jaebum sitting on the bench. Oh right, he never really had first lesson.

 As the elder noticed the black-haired staring at him, he stood up and waved at him with a wild smile. However, that smile disappeared as soon as he realized Youngjae didn't move, just stayed still and kept staring at the graduate.

 Jaebum formed his face as if he was saying "are you even alive?". He even expanded his arms uncomprehendingly.

 The younger slowly approached him. His steps were unsure at first, but on the last meters of his way, he sped up and fell into Jaebum's embrace.

 As their skin touched, Youngjae broke out crying. He eventually found himself in safety. It was finally nice to put down the responsibilities from his shoulder. Because in Jaebum's company that was how he felt.

 As they separated, the elder noticed the wound on his face. He touched the bigger scar next to his mouth, and looked at him waiting for an explanation. Youngjae just shook his head and with a light smile declared;

  'I'm fine. It really is nothing' he grinned. He was happy to see Jaebum again. Suddenly forgot everything he wanted to ask from him. And the elder forgot that previous week, while he was so worried he could barely sleep. He pulled Youngjae closer and entwined his arms around his body and hugged him strongly. He never wanted to let him slip out of his embrace anymore.

 Although they thought no one had seen them, there was one viewer of their hug. From a window of the auditorium, Yugyeom watched the whole scene. He didn't cry, he wasn't mad or disappointed. He was just jealous and wanted to be Im Jaebum so bad.

 

 

Writer's Note:

WHAAAT? Okay, Yugyeom confessing his love towards Youngjae kinda surprised me as well, but I have really exciting scenes in my head that can be connected to this in the story.

Don't hate me for some Yugjae!!