Lunch Break

Fallen

  'Have you ever wondered about why you don’t have a girlfriend?' Yugyeom asked his friend in lunch break the next day.

 They were sitting on the same bench, as always. Youngjae swallowed the food that was in his mouth and looked at the younger.

  'No, but I suppose you only asked me because you want me to ask back' he smiled at him. The black-haired turned his regard back to the football field. The more muscular and well-built students were playing football there. The others found some sort of joy in just looking at them. Youngjae was one of these students as well.

  'Due to your curiosity, I’ll answer honestly. I think girls are too afraid to approach me. A lot of them got rejected before so they are aware of that I won’t get close to anyone' he said as he drank a sip of his water. Youngjae laughed at how naive his friend was.

 He was still watching the sporty boys playing football when Yugyeom shouldered him. He didn’t say a word, just nodded into the direction of the entrance. A group of students stepped out of the building. Somebody seemed ridiculously familiar to him, even from far away. Im Jaebum, the guy who Youngjae bumped into the other day. The black-haired would have bet on that he wasn’t the center of the group for sure. They were walking towards them. Youngjae rubbed his eyes in order to make sure he wasn’t daydreaming.

  'Look! Now that is what I’m talking about. That face, that hair, that body. It makes me want to throw my life away and then not regret it at all' Yugyeom detailed as he couldn’t take his regard off of the girl, who was walking on Jaebum’s side.

  'I know what you mean' Youngjae sighed. That face was truly nice to look at and perfectly detailed. Especially the jaw line. Someone could have cut their fingers if they touched it. That hair had the most beautiful shade and it was styled amazingly. Those black jeans fitted perfectly on those muscular thighs. Also it was obvious that under that oversized jumper, looking at that body was a sin.

  'It’s been five months now that I have a huge crush on her. Now I promise you, that she is going to be the lady I will take to bed next time' Yugyeom looked at the elder with the most serious facial expression. He also offered his pinky.

  'Lady?' he repeated because that description didn’t fit the person he was thinking about. Although he didn’t mean to say it out loud, Yugyeom responded.

  'It is nicer than chick' the bleached-haired laughed.

 As Youngjae realized who he was dreaming about, he tilted his head and covered it with his hands. Yugyeom got surprised because he rejected his pinky and also because he didn’t understand his friend’s behavior.

 By this time the group arrived in front of the two. Yugyeom lifted his head, because they were so tall. Especially because they were sitting, while the elders were standing. Youngjae didn’t notice it, because his face was still buried in his hands. But as one guy of them opened his mouth, it made the black-haired look at them in the eye.

  'Are you Kim Yugyeom?' he pointed at the younger.

  'Yeah' he answered with his mouth opened. He had no idea what the elder wanted from him.

 Besides Yugyeom, Youngjae might have seemed even more nervous. Although he tried so hard to pay attention to that guy who was talking, from the corner of his eye, he was focusing on Jaebum. When he couldn’t resist anymore, only for a split second he placed his regard on the elder, then he lowered his eyes immediately. Was he really staring at him? Youngjae couldn’t say for sure.

  "He totally recognized me. He may be angry as hell. Why me? He will beat me so hard after school" he thought.

 The black-haired buried his face in his hands again and didn’t look up as long as a weird question didn’t hit his ear.

  'Will you come and sit with us, Yugyeom?'

 They wanted to steal his friend. Youngjae was afraid, the bleach-haired would accept their invitation. The mentioned boy stood up. He wouldn’t miss an opportunity like that. Literally a lunch with the girl he was into for months. It meant the end of Youngjae.

  'Look, I have my best friend with me. You really don’t think I would leave him alone, do you? Unless you want him to join as well' he said as he kept staring at his nails, like that wasn’t a big deal for him. But it clearly was. And Youngjae was aware of that.

  'Yeah, but no thanks' the guy grimaced and turned around. His movements were followed by the rest of the group as well.

 As they left, Yugyeom dropped himself back next to Youngjae, and looking into the distant, he said;

  'Have you seen how hot she was? God, I know he couldn’t take her eyes off of me. I really am going to take her to bed once' he bit his lower lip.

 Youngjae laughed and placed his arm on the other’s shoulders. He pointed into the direction of the leaving group.

  'You see that? Her hand is being held by that guy. It really means for me that they are dating' he whispered.

  'I hope they’ll break up soon' Yugyeom sighed with disappointment.

 "So do I" the elder added but this time, only in his head.