Hurt

Fallen

 Youngjae was frozen. He attempted to figure out some sudden excuses to mention in order to disprove the younger's expectation. At least what he thought was going on in his mind.

 Seeing his friend had nothing to come up with, Yugyeom continued.

  'I'm not sure about anything. Neither does she. But we both have theories. Please, just be honest. I will try to avoid the empty talk, and come to the point, so I'll just ask...' it was even more uncomfortable for the blonde, than for Youngjae. What if he's wrong. The elder will never forgive him for saying something like that if it isn’t true. But he needed to know.

 It took Yugyeom so long, the black-haired couldn't stay still anymore. He had a slight idea about how complicated it was for the younger, and he hated seeing his friend suffering.

  'Just ask. Don't think, just ask' he forced him to say it out loud, but it really was hard for him as well. Yugyeom lifted his head and noticed the elder was struggling with his tears. Although his face was dry, his eyes were teary and red.

  'No' he declared angrily. 'I want you to say it out loud. I want to hear it from you. And you need to hear it from yourself' he sounded like he was already judging Youngjae cruelly.

 Both of them were aware of what they were talking about. Yugyeom seemed no longer lost among his thoughts, so he bravely stuck up for his affirmation.

 After a few silent minutes, the students began to rush into the auditorium. Everyone sat down at their place, only Youngjae was still standing in front of Yugyeom’s desk. As the teacher came in as well, the elder wiped off his tears and as last words, whispered to the blonde;

  'I thought you would be more sympathetic' and walked to his seat.

 

 After the first period, Yugyeom waited for Youngjae to finish packing. The elder seemed to accomplish that more slowly than ever. He clearly was afraid of the blonde.

  'Can you waste even more minutes of my time?' Yugyeom arrogantly asked when the black haired passed by. As he heard the bored-toned comment, he stopped and just as the younger did, he asked back in the same voice;

  'Can you stop being so bossy? I didn't even ask you to wait for me' as he finished, just began to place his leg after the other, but a sudden grasp on his upper arm made him stop.

 He looked at Yugyeom with his face saying "what else do you want?". The younger was a small step away from hitting the roof, but calmed himself, and just let the other go. He really didn’t want to argue. He was already blaming himself for reaching that point. He wished he had never brought up that question.

 

 Until lunch break, Youngjae didn't talk to Yugyeom, and avoided his company. He was looking for Jaebum's instead, but the graduate didn't show up the whole day.

 The black-haired sat down on the bench in the field. Packed out his lunch and bit into his poorly made sandwich. He kept looking around in order to notice either Jaebum or Yugyeom, but neither of them happened to appear. Youngjae felt awkwardly alone. It was always Yugyeom who he had during lunch break to be amused by. Now that he wasn't there, the elder had plenty more time to observe his surroundings. He didn't have Yugyeom next to him talking ceaselessly, and he didn't see Jaebum who always made him unable to concentrate.

 There were still ten minutes left, but Youngjae couldn't bear that solitude anymore. He stood up, grabbed his backpack and set off into the main building's direction. As he stepped through the door, at the end of the corridor, he noticed Yugyeom. He was approaching the black-haired, with some other students on his side. They all seemed ridiculously familiar. As they got closer and closer, Youngjae spotted out the girl. Jei. He was 100 percent sure about that.

 As the group walked by Youngjae, who stepped aside from the door, they all seemed to watch him with so much judgment in their eyes.

 Did they know about him and Jaebum? But how?

 All he wanted to do was talking to the elder and question everything. Everything he didn't know. Everything Yugyeom didn't ask or say.

 That day, Youngjae stayed at the university as long as he could. He couldn't manage himself to go home because he felt like he still had something that needed to be done. But setting off to Jaebum's flat was even more terrifying. He knew his parents will go mad and probably won't let him leave the house at all, but he had to take that risk. Jeabum meant too much for him.

 

 It was already dark, when Youngjae was cycling to the elder's flat. He was only a few streets away, when someone jumped right in front of him, and he braked. Because of his sudden reflex, in order to dodge that person, he tore the bike wheel away and fell off of it.

 He accidently hit his arm that began to hurt so badly. With a grimace on his face and holding his arm tightly, Youngjae looked up, and surprisingly noticed, that only from one person, now appeared about five more. Although it was quite dark, and it was almost invisible, under the weak streetlight, Youngjae could still recognize the same, familiar faces. That same group of those graduates. He was desperately looking for his best friend, but none of them was him.

  'Nice evening, right?' a small, well-build member spoke. 'Where were you heading to, Choi Youngjae?’

 The mentioned was so scared he couldn't say a word. He kept blinking in hope of making his vision clearer while he backed on his palms, pushing himself backwards on the ground.

 As the member realized his victim wouldn't answer, and also that he got further and further, he snapped with two of his fingers which made another two guys jump right behind Youngjae. They caught his arms and clasped it with great force. The younger cried up, but set his teeth immediately, in hope of nothing girly would come out of his mouth.

  'You're not mute, huh? So you can respond to my question, you little jerk' he declared and then, with his swinging leg, kicked Youngjae's stomach. He was helpless and had no chances against the elders. That kick hit him so hard, he started to cry, which even made him seem weaker.

  'Ah, did it hurt? Then how about another method?' some other guy stepped ahead and punched him several times on the face. Youngjae could feel the blood slipping on his cheeks and chin. His jaw was panting, he felt like it was going to break, if he hits it one more time.

 Youngjae couldn't endure that anymore. He let himself and lost his mind. It was unexpected to that gang as well.

  'Come on guys, we've done what we were asked for, leave him here' the small guy spoke up. To his sentence, the two members released the younger's arms and let him lean on the cold ground.

 

 The next moment Youngjae woke up was when somebody was calling him. They were still out in the cold, but the black-haired felt so much more warmth. His head was held by forceful hands, and his body was placed on that person's legs.

  'Youngjae, are you fine? What the hell happened?'

 Although he wanted to see who it was so badly, but it was impossible to open his eyes. He kept replaying that typical voice in his head. It should have been so obvious. His brain was working so hard on figuring it out, something sudden could easily stop that action. A kiss on his forehead. It was so gentle and true. It was familiar and unknown at the same time. But still... it wasn't the one, Youngjae has fallen for.