Please, Stay

Fallen

  'If you're just going to sit there like a piece of , then there is no need for me' Yugyeom said a bit louder than the normal tone he would talk in, as he got on his feet. 

 Youngjae did nothing in the past three minutes just lied on the bed with closed eyes. He obviously had fallen asleep. He didn't mean to, but the sleepiness was way too strong and he felt way too weak.

 Yugyeom was staring at Youngjae, apparently waiting for him to react, but he didn't. He heard nothing of what he had said. The blonde stepped a bit closer to him and noticed how red his face was. He placed his hand on the sleeping guy's forehead. It was quite warm. He probably had a temperature, but Yugyeom felt like from now on, it wasn't his problem. He actually just realized that Jaebum was nowhere. He didn't know he was out for that night, so the blonde supposed he would come home soon. And that he should just go.

 He grabbed the blanket from the end of the bed and covered Youngjae with it. He leaned closer to his face. 

  How peaceful his friend was.

 But he abandoned the idea of giving him a kiss on the forehead. He had problems before after doing that. And also, the first step to success, as his previously planned idea, was not concluding kissing Youngjae, the guy who he was trying to avoid for a little time.

 

 

 Youngjae had no idea what the time was when he woke up. But he realized immediately that Yugyeom wasn't in the room. He sat up with a sudden movement but a soon as the world got dark around him, he snapped his head and waited for the view to get clear again.

 He looked around in the flat first, but the younger really seemed to be gone. Youngjae sadly opened the front door and looked out, with the last hope inside of him. He felt bad for falling asleep and not giving the other company all night long. It was like nowadays all he did was a complete failure.

  'You've woken up, huh?' a soft yet chattering voice hit him out of the nothing. Yugyeom was sitting on the terrace. His legs were pulled close to his chest and he was hugging them tightly. His lips were purple due to the cold. His ears and his nose were red, other parts of his face were pale.  

  'How long have you been sitting here?' Youngjae asked without a muscle twitching on his face. He sounded and was so emotionless. However, he was just curious.

  'Since you fell asleep' Yugyeom answered as he turned his whole body to the elder's direction. He meant it in a sarcastic way, but the black haired had other thoughts that made him deaf so all he could focus on was what he wanted to say.

  'What's the time?' He still sounded ridiculously serious. He wasn't like that at all. He didn't look or sound cool, behaving like that. 

 Yugyeom grabbed the phone out of his jacket's pocket, pushed the home button and laughed awkwardly. 

  'Almost eleven' 

  'Damn you, Yugyeom. Do you want to die here? You must be frozen to death' Youngjae snapped up worriedly as he opened the door wider. It was a demand for the younger to come inside. However, he just put his hands in his pockets and placed his regard back at the view of the street. He had no intention to go in. He was more than fine in the fresh air. 'Do you hear me?' Youngjae cowered next to him, looking closely at his face.

  'Yeah' the blonde responded as he turned his face to the other's direction and poked his nose 'I hear you' He was smiling like a lunatic.

 Youngjae was confused. He just wanted Yugyeom to come inside with him. He wanted him in safety. It was always him, who was desperately in need of the other's defense. It was time to change. But Youngjae had no idea what was going on in the younger's mind. 

 He stepped inside the flat again, clenched his coat and sat outside, next to Yugyeom. He joined watching the boring and monotonous street. They didn't speak. And it was okay for them... At least for a few minutes. Youngjae started to get annoyed by it, so as a slight reminder, advised;

  'You're going to be so sick if we stay here for even a minute longer'

  'And so do you' Yugyeom smiled, still not looking at the black-haired. But as soon as he thought over the meaning of what he had just said, he stood up, grabbed Youngjae by his arm and tugged him inside. 'You're already sick, you fool' he claimed as he dropped the elder on the floor. Due to the suddenness, Youngjae landed with a loud noise and looked at his friend with expanded, owl-like eyes.

  'Oh' that was all, the elder could moan out. He was feeling a little down. It was Yugyeom again, who helped him. Even when he was so determined to finally be the savior and not the one who needs to be saved.

  'Whatever' Yugyeom dropped his hand as if he was about to say "it doesn't matter" 'I'll go now. I'm just surprised I'm still here'

 Youngjae crawled to the blonde's feet and before he could left, grabbed his hand. It was dried out after he was out for so long.

  'Please, stay. Just for tonight' he was begging. He already felt so pathetic. Making the other stay wouldn't make things worse. He thought so. Seeing his friend's grimace, he had to come up with something more powerful. Mentioning Jaebum could be the key to winning this battle. 'Jaebum's not coming home tonight. He is out with some friends, I guess. I don't want to be alone' Youngjae had just realized he didn't even know where the light brown-haired was. But he didn't worry as much, as thinking of staying alone for the rest of the night.

 Yugyeom cowered down. It was him, who now was holding the other's hand. He was grasping it strongly.

  'Hyung, don't make it harder' he was whispering. Funny how suddenly his voice could change to the softest tone ever. 

  'It is pretty tough already' Youngjae responded, almost inaudibly. He couldn't look at Yugyeom in the eye. 

  'Is it really what you want?' the younger asked as he swallowed hard.

 Youngjae unsurely nodded and carefully lifted his regard. Yugyeom's eyes were always filled with confidence, but now it seemed like he was scared. He wished to be able to reject Youngjae's offer but didn't want to make him disappointed. His previously built up plan about avoiding the elder for a bit was completely ruined. And the offender was Youngjae himself.

  'Gosh, I already know how awkward you're going to act the whole night, after this conversation' Yugyeom's sigh was followed by a harsh laugh as he stood up and offered his hand again to the elder, to help him up. 

  'Shut up' Youngjae flung his arm and with that impulse hit the other's arm. The bleached haired cried out and snatched the throbbing part of his limb. 'I've seen some pretty cool video games that we could try out'

 Yugyeom's eyes kindled. Honestly, that sounded amazing. 

 The guys didn't care if it was too late, they didn't really feel like sleeping. If Yugyeom took the risk to stay there with the black-haired, then the last thing he wanted to do was sleeping. However, he had some other ideas what to do instead of playing video games, but that could wait. 

 

 

 

  'I'm not playing with you' Youngjae snapped up after he came out as a loser from the last battle against the blonde for like the six-hundredth time. He threw the console away and folded his arms in front of his chest.

  'Why are you such a crybaby?' Yugyeom asked as he turned to the elder's direction. His voice was soothing.

 Youngjae couldn't stay mad at him, not even for a second. But the blonde was faster. He spread his arms and dropped his body on the other's back. The younger twined his hands in front of the black-haired's waist. He also placed his chin on the shorter's shoulder. He entirely imprisoned Youngjae and didn't let him go.

  'What are you doing?' Youngjae laughed. He had to admit, it was quite a nice feeling, being held by the other that way. However, as soon as he realized the other was his best friend, guilt replaced the good vibe. He clenched Yugyeom's gripping arm and attempted to push it away from his body, but the bleached haired was way stronger than him. 

  'Just calm down' Yugyeom demanded with a light smile sitting on his face. He knew that the more the elder would suffer in his embrace, it was less likely to let him go. 

 But Youngjae felt tortured in his embrace. Tortured of that sensation, the younger's warmth. He wished to stay there for the rest of his life. And that was what he didn't want to feel. Because he still wasn't sure if he was only sorry for him or was progressively falling for his friend. 

  'Just. Let. Me. Go' he hissed, still suffering to escape from the other's grasp. 

 Yugyeom eventually let Youngjae free himself. With that, the elder stood up swiftly. He seemed to sink deep in his thoughts. He seemed to forcefully decide in himself if he liked it or not. He picked the bridge of his nose with his thumb and his pointing finger and closed his eyes. 

 The blonde was still sitting cross-legged on the floor, with his arms dropped on his thighs. He did it all on purpose. He knew in advance what was going to happen. Although he put up with the fact his friend liked someone else and that he shouldn't meddle in other's affairs, this time he wanted to change. Because he deserved happiness, and after getting a slight idea of that Youngjae might have similar feelings, he didn't want to step out of this relationship more hurt, than he was before entering. 

 His feelings were changing from one second to another. Yugyeom couldn't predict himself, what he was going to do as a next step. However, he happened to enjoy that unexpected uncertainty. One thing was for sure, though, that night, he wanted to make Youngjae become just as confused, as he was at that moment.