Making A Slip

Fallen

 After Youngjae walked to Jaebum's apartment, he dropped himself on the bed and took a deep breath. His regard stuck to the ceiling. 

  "What the hell am I even doing here?" he thought.

 There he was, alone in Im Jaebum's flat. Who was Im Jaebum to him though? And where he was at that moment, when the younger was in need of him? 

 He spent the whole afternoon lying on the elder's bed. Sometimes he closed his eyes and listened to the television's quiet humming. Although it was turned off, it was still making that overwhelmingly relaxing sound. That made Youngjae sleepy, so to kill some time, he happened to sleep in.

 It was around eight o'clock when a weak vibration in his pocket interrupted the wild competition of his thoughts in his mind. He lifted his up and grabbed the mobile device that slipped out of his hip-pocket.

 Yugyeom texted him. He was curious about his hyung's state. The black haired clearly wasn't in his best mood, after the last lecture, when he left. For some reason, if the younger had texted him a few days ago, he would have felt suffocated by his neediness. But currently, he was glad. Youngjae felt stupid for thinking anything would change in their friendship. He wasn't a fortune-teller. He didn't see what was about to happen that night. And by calling Yugyeom, he maybe just made things worst.

 

  'Youngjae-yah, just say what you want quickly. I'm about to head out' the bleached haired said. 

 Right. It was Friday, and it looked like the other had some programs for the night, just as well as Jaebum had. Just Choi Youngjae was so lonely, he had no one to be with and nothing to do. And that's why he tried to win a little time, while he could talk to his best friend.

  'Where are you going?' he asked in curiosity as he rubbed his eyes, that were slowly getting used to the complete darkness. 

  'Ehh... There is this... Ehm, this party...' Yugyeom was mumbling. Obviously, he had nowhere to go either. And Youngjae wasn't stupid.

  'You're not going anywhere, do you?' the black-haired laughed and dropped himself back on the bed. He didn't feel betrayed or offended. It was always fun to catch someone in a lie. Even though if it wasn't really a lie. He just never really understood other's cases to lie. Of course, if it was him who had to come up with some untrue story, that was totally accepted.

  'Nah' the younger sighed. His voice was kind of sad. Yugyeom was always the popular kid, but since he began recognizing his feelings towards his friends, he was never in the mood of going out with others. 

 Youngjae held his breath for a second. A stupid yet enjoyable idea ran through his mind. He wasn't sure if that was a good one or not, but Jaebum was gone all night, and he felt alone so he didn't feel like he had another option to socialize.

 That was the second night he spent away from his parents. And they still didn't call their son to finally go home. After what they had done and said to him, Youngjae wanted to come back home. It wasn't him, who was the obstacle. It was them.

  'Since you have nothing to do tonight and neither do I, do you...'

  'Yes, I do' Yugyeom took up short. He thought he knew how the other wanted to finish his sentence. 

  'You don't even know what I was about to say' Youngjae declared with a grimace on his face, although the other couldn't see that, due to the tone of his voice, he could definitely imagine his face. The elder sat up on the bed again because he was too excited talking to Yugyeom. It weirdly made his heart beat faster. 

  'Come on, I may not know exactly what you wanted to say, but the point is to come over, isn't it?' Yugyeom was trying to save his pride, but Youngjae always had something to add, that could disprove him.

  'Yes. Yes, actually, that's the point' the elder was smiling at how predictable he was. But a second later, that smile swiftly disappeared. Guilt and his conscience were the traitors. The sound of a closing door brought him back to reality. It was coming from the other line.

  'Yugyeom' he accosted the other, to make sure they were still in touch.

  'Yeah?'

 He stopped for sure. For a minute, it was like Yugyeom was already on his way. He was walking. And then stopped. His steps weren't audible at all anymore. But that was what Youngjae wanted, wasn't it?

  'Hurry up' 

 Before the younger could react anything he touched the red button on his phone and dropped it on his chest.

 He didn't ask for the other to come. There is nothing to regret. He was just in the neighborhood. 

 He already planned what he was going to say to Jaebum. He was behaving pathetically. And he was aware of that. But he needed some company if the elder couldn't provide one. 

 

 About twenty minutes later, the bell began to ring. Youngjae jumped out of the bed and rushed outside to the gate. He wasn't quite sure how exactly he was supposed to let the other in, just grabbed the keychain that was hanging next to the door and stepped outside.

 Yugyeom was standing behind the gate, hugging himself with his arms. It was actually pretty cold. As soon as he noticed the elder, he shouted to him;

  'Can you please hurry? I'm so ing cold' the words were leaving white smoke-like traces, as he was yelling. 

 Youngjae slowed down from his previous rush on purpose. He wasn't really that kind of guy, who teased his friends all the time. However, teasing Yugyeom was more than just a simple pleasure for him. The black-haired was wearing only a T-shirt, but because he had just got out of the warm, heated flat, the bitter breeze was thrilling. 

  'Damn you, Choi Youngjae' the younger sighed. 

 Youngjae finally unlocked the gate, after a few unsuccessful attempts of finding the right key, and let the bleached haired inside. He rushed straight to Jaebum's flat. He was familiar with the way, it was his second time being there that day. The elder formed his lips to a light smile and the back of his head, he set off to the flat's direction as well.

 Yugyeom was already lying on the floor, spreading his legs and arms out. The floor was heated as well and that seemed to be the most efficient method to let his body warm up as soon as possible.

  'What the hell, Yugyeom' the black-haired laughed as he closed the door behind himself. He coward next to his friend and watched his face. The half of that was pushed directly to the floor, but the other half was seen. And Youngjae followed with his regard the redness disappearing.

  'I'm fine now' Yugyeom sat up on the floor and took his coat off. He was now hot and wished to be able to remove all the layers he was wearing. Not like the shorter had never seen him or anything, but that was a long time ago. Moreover, it wouldn't have been appropriate in that case.

 Yugyeom was sitting cross-legged on the floor. He was looking around as if that was his first time being there. He was amazed by the richness and modernity in one single flat. He couldn't stand not mentioning how jealous he was of the brown-haired. 

  'Im Jaebum does have a lot of money, doesn't he' 

 Youngjae looked at the other like he understood nothing of his words. He didn't like when someone was supposing something he wasn't entirely sure about. Even if it was true.

  'I guess it's rather his parents' the black-haired stood up and walked to the bed. He hopped on it, lied down and closed his eyes. He was tired. He didn't feel like talking about Jaebum. Especially when he was with Yugyeom. Maybe it was truly a bad idea, to invite him over.

  But he didn't ask for the other to come.

 Yugyeom looked up at the elder. With his eyes closed, he seemed relaxed. Maybe he had also fallen asleep.

He wanted to crawl next to him and hold him tight.

 But he couldn't.

He wanted to place his arm around his neck and watch the other's head fall on his shoulders.

 But he couldn't.

He wanted to kiss him and say he loves him.

 But he couldn't because that's why Youngjae had Jaebum. He could do all of these. There was no need for Yugyeom, he was just an obstacle in the other's relationship. And he couldn't force himself to not think that way. Yugyeom really needed to find someone who could make him feel like Youngjae did. But as long as they were so close, it was impossible. He had to sacrifice in order to win. And he was aware of the solution. But little by little, he wasn't totally sure, if that was what he doubtlessly wanted. If he doubtlessly wanted to lose Youngjae, in order not to love him.

 

 

Writer's Note:

So the plan is the following;

I'll be updating every other weekend. It'll be either Saturday or Sunday.

So the next chapter will be up either on the 25th or the 26th of February.

By the way, I hope you liked this one!