9.

Lost Feelings

AMBER'S POV

Even after two weeks, I still haven't gotten the call. I've visited my parents and didn't have much to say. However, I won't give up and get a job I can proudly tell my parents about.

After eating dinner, I decided to go back to uncle's bar for the first time in two weeks. I put on my hat to prevent the rain from going on my head, but it made it wet anyway. I was hoping that I won't get a cold because of it.

I knocked on the door with the usual pattern and Kangin oppa opened it.

“ Eunyoung, long time no see. Seems like you're a little wet,” Kangin oppa said.

I nodded and took off my hat. I sneezed and entered the place. 

“ It's busy today,” I said to him.

“ Yeah, tonight's girls night. I don't even know why we have those,” he said.

He sighed and crossed his arms, continuing to look for trouble. I pat his shoulder and took off my coat. Even though I was wearing a hoodie, I still felt a little cold because of my wet hair. 

With my coat in hand, I walked to the my uncle's office. I stopped myself when I saw him talking to a familiar figure. It was none other than Soojung. He noticed me and chuckled.

“ There she is,” uncle said

He pointed to me and Soojung turned around. She looked like she had too much to drink. She grinned and wobbled towards me. 

“ You know how many times I've come here just to see you Eunyoung,” she said.

I raised my brow and looked over at uncle. He just shrugged and acted like he didn't know anything. I sighed and escorted Soojung out.

“ Where are we going?” She asked.

“ We're sending you home before you cause any more trouble,” I answered.

“ I don't want to go home.” Soojung stated.

She stopped walking and stood there like a statue. I looked at her continued walking.

“ Give me a piggyback ride,” she yelled.

I turned around and sighed. I didn't want her to cause a scene, so I walked towards her and kneeled down. 

Soojung happily got on and lay her head on my shoulder. She was surprisingly lighter than I thought. I got up and started walking. 

“ Where do you live?” I asked.

“ Far away,” she said.

I sighed, talking to a drunk Soojung won't get me anywhere. As I walked with Soojung on my back, she kept trying to act cute by raising her voice and acting like a kid. So this is what happens when she gets drunk, she's demanding and does a lot of aegyo.

After a tiring five minutes, I turned my head to look at her. I was wondering why she suddenly got quiet, she was sleeping. So I started walking to my apartment and decided to let her sleep there for the night.

“ Don't leave me Kai,” she muttered.

I turned my head when she said that. So she does have a broken heart. That makes the two of us. 

I went up the stairs of the apartment complex and tried to open my door with one hand. After several attempts, I finally did it and kicked the door open. I entered and kicked the door close.

I strolled to the master bedroom and lay her on the bed. I took off her wet coat and shoes. Then I put the blanket over her body and turned off the lights. I went to the guest room and changed my clothes. 

I lay down with a heavy heart when I remembered the old days. When Eric used to always give me piggy backs and here I am giving someone else one.

KRYSTAL'S POV

I woke up with one of the worst headaches ever. To make things worse, the sun was in my face. I got up and looked around. Did I sleep with someone again? I still had my clothes on, so maybe I did it with clothes still on?

I looked over and saw my coat and shoes on the floor. I picked them up and put them on. I can't stay any longer or else this one night stand will be a problem. I looked around the room, it was old-fashioned but nice at the same time.

When I opened the door, it felt like my headache disappeared. Eunyoung was standing in front of me with a glass of water and a pill.

“ Eunyoung,” I said.

She looked at me with her dark eyes and handed me the pill. 

“ I bought this earlier for you, the lady at the counter said this was for hangovers.” Eunyoung said.

“ T-thanks,” I stuttered.

I drank the pill and water as Eunyoung watched me. 

“ Do you want to go out with me?” She asked.

My eyes widened in surprise. I wasn't expecting her to be so blunt. I was freaking out in the inside because I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want to reject her but I wasn't ready for another commitment. 

“ For breakfast I mean,” Eunyoung said.

“ Y-yes! That's what I was thinking!” I quickly stated.

Eunyoung raised her brow and took the glass. She set it in the kitchen and put on her coat. I waited for her to get ready and followed her out. We quietly walked side by side as we looked for some place to eat.

“ How about English breakfast? I know this one place that's close,” I said.

Eunyoung nodded and followed me as I lead the way. I didn't know why I was so nervous, we were just getting breakfast. When we arrived, we sat in the corner just in case fans or photographers came in.

We looked at the menu quietly, but I kept stealing glances at her. Then, a waitress came up to take our orders.

“ Good morning love birds, what will you have today?” She asked.

“ I'll have a latte and the New York special,” Eunyoung said.

I looked at her because she didn't even bother to correct the waitress. Then they both looked at me.

“ What will you have?” She asked.

“ I'll have the same,” I answered.

The waitress left with our menus and silence filled the air.

“ She thought we were a couple,” I said.

Eunyoung nodded.

“ You don't mind?” I asked.

She shook her head. I smiled and looked at Eunyoung.

“ Nothing happened last night right?” I asked.

Eunyoung shook her head. I was kind of disappointed but happy that she didn't take advantage of me.

“ Uncle called me earlier and told me you kept going to the bar to look for me,” Eunyoung said

That old man.