6.

Lost Feelings

AMBER'S POV

I groaned to the sound of my loud ringtone. I got off my bed and wobbled over to my cellphone and answered the call.

“ Hello?” I said.

“ Amber, I mean Eunyoung. How's it going?” The voice said.

I looked at the caller ID and saw Kim Kibum's name. I put him on speaker and went to the kitchen.

“ Everything is okay, I actually went over to uncle's last night and worked a shift,” I said.

“ That's good. I wish I was able to come, but work has been crazy,” Kibum said.

I heard him cough and the thought of him overworking himself popped up in my head. I drank a glass of water as I held the phone.

“ Do you want to get some coffee with me?” I asked.

“ I don't think I'll even be able to leave the SM building, sorry.” Kibum said.

“ I mean, I can bring over some coffee and we can just hang out there,” I said.

“ Wait a moment,” he said.

I overheard him talking to somebody for a minute.

“ My manager said it was fine, I'll wait for you at the front,” Kibum said.

“ I'll be there in an hour,” I said.

I said my farewell and hung up. I stretched my arms as I looked at the ticking clock. I jogged over to my room to get ready.

My friend Kibum, has always been overworking himself ever since he entered the entertainment industry. I didn't really know much about the industry, even though I used to write music for a few artists before.

“ Where was the SM building again?” I asked myself.

I fixed my short hair and put on warm clothes. Then went over to a nearby cafe and ordered two coffees and pastries. I googled the building location and took a taxi.

I paid the taxi driver and took off my hat, so that Kibum would recognize me. I saw Kibum next to the entrance and waved at him. He noticed, but I don't think he knew it was me. I walked over to him and his mouth opened in surprise.

“ Your hair,” Kibum said.

I nodded and he just shrugged.

“ Come on in, it's cold,” he said.

Kibum lead me to a nice room that I assumed was the waiting room. Comfortable chairs were all over the room with coffee tables. There were big windows lined up, so that you can get a view of Seoul. I also noticed a grand piano in the corner of the room which is almost impossible not to spot.

I gave him his coffee and sat down. He thanked me and started drank it.

“ I actually have a meeting in a few minutes, so just wait here okay? I don't know how long it'll be, but if it's too long I'll text you,” Kibum said.

I nodded and he pat my shoulder as he got up. I watched him leave the room while I drank my coffee. When he left, I looked around the empty room and walked over to the grand piano. It was like the piano I had back at the flat.

I sat on the seat and my fingers trailed the keys. I cleared my throat and started playing songs I've been working on that are unfinished. I hummed the lyrics as I played the tune.

I noticed the door open, but continued to play anyway. I stopped humming but played the tune.

Then, a familiar looking girl came in with a mouth mask. She stopped in her tracks and stared at me. So, I stopped playing because I lost focus. Her eyes were intimidating, and were unusually familiar. 

My phone rang and I looked at the message I received. It was Kibum telling me that his meeting was going to be longer than expected. I looked back up, and noticed that the girl was approaching me. I got up and bowed to her to show respect. She didn't bow back, but continued to stare at me. 

I couldn't really make out her face because of her mask and I also don't know anybody with bangs. Her eyes were familiar though, it was a warm brown color that I know I have seen. She finally took off her mask without breaking her stare. 

“ I didn't think we'd meet here bartender Eunyoung,” she smiled.

I raised my right brow, wondering how she knew my name. As if she read my mind, she answered my question.

“ I asked the old man and he told me your name,” she said.

I guess she really was desperate to know my name. She held out her hand and introduced herself.

“ My name’s Jung Soojung but people know me as Krystal also.” She said.

I slowly looked at her hand and then her face. I shook her hand and bowed, this time she bowed back too.

“ I apologize, I'm Eunyoung,” I said.

KRYSTAL'S POV

There he goes again, no smile and no emotion. Who would have thought that the person who was playing the piano was him? If I didn't hear it while walking down the stairs, I wouldn't have met him at this moment. 

It was really quiet since it was just two of us and neither of us were talking. I watched him drink his coffee and take a bite of his croissant. He noticed me look at him and suddenly went through his backpack for some reason. He pulled out another croissant and handed it to me.

I looked at it and giggled. I took a bite of the warm croissant and drank the coffee I brought along with me. 

“ The way you act is different from how you look. One would think that you're cold because you don't talk, but your actions are different,” I said.

He took a sip of his coffee and then looked at me.

“ Same goes to you,” he said.

I smiled and took a bite of my croissant as I looked out at the big window.

“ Don't tell anybody about what I told you last night,” I said.

He nodded in response. Even though I've only just met him, I feel like I could trust him. 

“ Eunyoung…” I said.

He turned his head towards me.

“ I liked the song you played earlier, what's it called?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. What kind of person doesn't even know the name of his own song?

“ Well, think of a name for it and tell me as soon as possible. I want to be the first to know,” I said.

He stared at me but then nodded.

I took out a brush and started brushing my hair. I haven't had bangs in a long time so it felt a bit uncomfortable. 

“ I seriously am annoyed with these bangs. If it weren't for the drama I'm in, I wouldn't have them.” I said with a sigh.

He stopped eating and looked up at me. 

“ I like them, you look pretty.” Eunyoung said.

I blushed at his comment while he continued to eat his croissant. When he said that, I felt like the world stopped.

I thought to myself: Soojung, you're supposed to act cool about it. Don't let him notice that you liked it when he complimented you. Stay strong, and be self composed. Plus he only said you were pretty, you get compliments like that all the time.

Then, the door opened and we both looked over. It was my manager and stylist. 

“ Come on Soojung we need to get you to your next schedule,” manager-oppa said.

“ Uh yeah,” I said and got up.

I looked at Eunyoung who had his usual blank face on. I felt his stare on my back as I left the room. This time, I was the one who left him hanging. This wasn't how I wanted to get even with him for leaving me last night though.