.1

Lost Feelings

AMBER POV

I've always believed that love came from the heart, and not the mind. However, after a series of events that happened in my life, I've realized that sometimes, it comes from the mind. You may think you're in love, but your heart is telling you other wise

Flashback:

“ What…?” I said.

“ I can't be with you anymore,” he said.

“ S-stop joking around Eric, you're always playing jokes on me and it’s not funny,” I stuttered.

He turned towards me with his hands in his pockets. His expressionless face made my heart feel like it was being stabbed by hundreds of knives.

However, I couldn't back down, I was not willing to give up the fight. After many years of being with him, I am not just going to let go of the man I've poured all my love and heart into.

I opened my mouth, ready to say a handful of words, but nothing came out. I've choked on all the thoughts and words I wanted to say. In that moment, I realized that I was helpless.

“ To tell you the truth, I've never truly loved you. I thought that I was, but a year into it, I've realized it was never anything to begin with.” Eric said.

I threw my bag at him but that didn't even make him budge, his expressionless face only made tears flow from my eyes. 

“ How could you say that? Just tell me Eric, there's someone else isn't there? Just tell me and we'll figure it out. We can start all over again-” I said.

“ Are you deaf? I told you that I don't want to be with you anymore, you need to stop acting like a child!” He cut me off.

I stepped back in surprise, he had never yelled at me before. I wiped my tears and clutched my shirt. 

He sighed and covered his face with his right hand. 

“ There is another woman and I plan on marrying her. I'm moving in with her too, don't worry about trying to move my stuff, I've hired movers. They'll be coming in tomorrow.” Eric said.

He walked towards the door, but stopped to take one last look at me. Then, opened the door and left.

I fell on the floor and cried my eyes out. 

“ Don't leave me, Eric. Please, I love you…” I muttered.

End of Flashback.

 

After that night, not only did he leave, but he took my happiness and heart with him too. All I had left were numb feelings, and dry eyes. I was dreadful, I didn't even do anything to cope with my broken heart. 

I slowly walked to the balcony and leaned against the railing. I breathed in the smell of the city as I looked over the lights. My ears listened to the conversations of the people below me and the honking of cars.

I sighed and extended my right arm, as if trying to reach for something. Then, I noticed the glisten of the ring on my index finger. I took the ring off and scanned the gold and silver lining.

I bit my lip as the memory of his smile, when he gave the ring to me flooded my head. I put the ring against my chest and slowly cried. As if I was hugging a person that wasn't really there.

After drying out my eyes, I stood up and walked towards the empty master bedroom. I looked around and exit the room, continuing to tour around the empty apartment. I had no reason to stay in such a big place anymore.

I walked towards the front door as I took in the view of the city. I picked up my black luggage and took one last look at the empty apartment. I sighed and slowly closed the door as I stepped out of the flat.

I rolled the luggage to the elevator and pressed the button for the ground floor. Every time the elevator passed a floor, it would beep. I stared at the numbers that continued to decrease.

With my luggage in hand, I walked through the little lobby that I always passed by. Then, went outside in the freezing December weather. As I waited for a taxi to pass by, I looked at my plane ticket. It feels like it's about time to go back to where it felt more like home,

in Korea.