21.

Lost Feelings

AMBER’S POV

 

I looked at Soojung who was getting ready. Today was the day that I was going to introduce my best friend, Kibum to Soojung. I was nervous on how he’d react. I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to introduce them even though they apparently already knew of each other.

 

“ Is my makeup okay?” Soojung asked.

 

She turned around after putting on her makeup. I stared at the beauty in front of me and nodded. She smiled and reached for my hand.

 

“ You don’t need to be so nervous Eunyoung, I know Kibum pretty well. I don’t think he’s that kind of guy,” she smiled.

 

“ I’m pretty sure you were saying that we don’t know if we could trust him the other day,” I said.

 

Soojung chuckled and brushed my bangs to the side, combing my hair with her fingers. I felt relaxed from her soothing movements. Everything she does makes me relaxed anyway.

 

“ I think it’ll be fine,” Soojung said.

 

I nodded and received a peck from Soojung. I blushed at the sudden action, which made Soojung giggle.

 

Before we stepped out, she put on a hat and dusk mask, to prevent her identity from being revealed. It would be awkward if her fans found out that she was going to come out to one of her friends. I held her hand as we rode on a taxi. It was a silent ride, probably because of nervousness.

 

It hasn’t even been a year since Eric and I broke up but here I am dating a pop star. Even I would wonder why and how I got so lucky. I chuckled at the thought, which got me a weird look from Soojung.

 

Once we arrived at the restaurant, Soojung gripped my hand tightly. I texted Kibum that we’ve arrived and he replied that he was already there. It’s a good thing that we reserved a table in a secluded restaurant. That way, nobody would know that it was the three of us if things hot heated. Then again, I might be overreacting. Knowing Kibum, I don’t think he’d be the type to be loud.

 

I glanced at Soojung and gave her a reassuring smile. The waiter lead us to the table and I immediately spotted Kibum. His bleached hair could be easily spotted from far away. Even his attire fit the fancy restaurant and made me feel underdressed.

 

I let go of Soojung’s hand and came up to Kibum. He gave me a toothy grin and stood up from his seat. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a warm hug.

 

“ Eunyoung! It’s been so long,” Kibum gleamed.

 

“ I missed you too Kibum,” I smiled.

 

“ Ah, there it is. The smile I’ve been wanting to see. I’m glad you’re doing well these days,” He said.

 

I nodded and looked behind me. Soojung took off her mask and finally revealed her face that I’ve been wanting to see since she put on her disguise.

 

“ Soojung?” Kibum asked.

 

She smiled and also gave Kibum a hug.

 

“ I didn’t know you both knew each other! Well this is interesting,” Kibum chuckled.

 

“ Yeah,” I said.

 

I smiled at Soojung and received the same from her. We sat on a round table, with Soojung next to me while we faced Kibum.

 

“ So how’d you two get to know each other?” Soojung asked.

 

“ We’re childhood friends. We’ve always been around each other ever since our parents became friends. It’s been a long time since then,” Kibum said.

 

I knew that he was thinking of my parents’ death from his face. He was one of my few friends that knew my parents well. Even he was saddened of the news and was around to help my distressed self.

 

“ How’s uncle doing?” Kibum asked.

 

“ The usual, always having energy for work,” I said.

 

“ I’m glad he’s doing fine. I haven’t gotten the chance to visit his bar these days,” Kibum sighed.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV


“ That’s actually how Eunyoung and I met,” I said.


“ Really? That makes sense, I heard you go around bars often Soojung,” Kibum said.

 

I looked at him and bit my lip. So that rumor was still going around, even after the news of Kai and I finally breaking up broke out. I regretted the fact that I went to bars to cope with my heartbreak. However, doing so got me to meet Eunyoung and I’ve been with her ever since.

 

“ Kibum, that wasn’t necessary,” Eunyoung said.

 

“ What? I was just saying, no harm in that,” Kibum said.

 

Eunyoung sighed and I reached for her hand under the table. She looked at me and I gave her a thankful smile. I was glad that she was actually understanding and was willing to defend me in any circumstances. She nodded and cracked a smile also.

 

Kibum ended up telling stories of his trip to China. Hearing the stories made me exhausted even though I wasn’t him. My fellow idols are working hard for the new year. I curse SM for always filling up our schedules.

 

“ I also met Victoria while I was there, she’s so busy these days. I actually met her in the airport accidentally,” Kibum said.

 

“ Yeah, she’s really popular in China,” I said.

 

“ How about you? When are you going to finally tour around in China?” Kibum asked.

 

“ I’m not sure, the members and I are really busy these days,” I sighed.

 

“ Everybody’s so busy these days. I’m not even sure how Taemin is always able to hang out with Jongin,” Kibum shook his head.

 

I bit my lip at the mention of his name. Eunyoung noticed my discomfort and caressed my hand with her thumb. Kibum also realized what he just said and faced me.

 

“ I’m sorry Soojung, I forgot for a minute. That was careless of me,” Kibum apologized.

 

“ It’s fine,” I said.

 

After that, the atmosphere got awkward and nobody was talking. Kibum and Eunyoung pulled out their phones and were texting away. My right eye twitched at the sight. I thought that we were supposed to be talking about a more serious matter. I nudged Eunyoung’s leg and she looked at me. I tilted my head towards Kibum who looked like he was playing a game on his phone. She nodded and cleared , which made Kibum put away his phone.

 

“ Sorry, I got carried away,” Kibum apologized.

 

“ It’s fine,” Eunyoung assured.

 

“ Anyway, what was it you wanted to talk about?” Kibum said as he sipped his wine.

 

“ Actually, it’s about Soojung and I,” Eunyoung said.

 

Kibum nodded to continue.

 

I tightened my grip on Eunyoung’s hand in nervousness. She glanced at me and nodded.

 

“ We are d-” Eunyoung said.


Then the waiter suddenly came out of nowhere with food.

 

“ Here are your appetizers,” the waiter cut her off.

 

I would’ve burst out laughing at the sudden interruption but with the serious atmosphere, I don’t think I could’ve. Eunyoung sighed, but Kibum was more than happy to see food. He started munching on his vegetables right away. He was oblivious to the atmosphere.

 

“ Are you on a diet?” I asked.

 

“ No, why do you ask?” Kibum asked.

 

“ You seem as if you haven’t eaten in awhile,” I chuckled.

 

“ I haven’t eaten breakfast this morning,” Kibum said.

 

“ You should be eating breakfast Kibum,” Eunyoung said.


“ I can assure you I will in the future. Anyway, what were you trying to say earlier?” Kibum asked.

 

“ Soojung and I are d-” Eunyoung said.

 

“ Sir, it seems that your steak will take a while, is that alright?” The waiter came up again.

 

“ Yes, it’s fine,” Kibum said.

 

Eunyoung and I sighed. Since when were waiters so rude? I had a feeling that it was going to be a long night.

 

“ I was just trying to say that-” Eunyoung said.

 

Then her loud ringtone came on and I was embarrassed because out of all ringtones, it was Electric Shock. Kibum and I looked at her phone and then at her. Then Kibum looked at me, which I tried to ignore and then at Eunyoung. She stared at it and mouthed to me, Nana. I glared at her, and she immediately cancelled the call and turned the phone off.

 

“ How embarrassing,” Eunyoung muttered.

 

“ What’s up with that ringtone? Are you guys that close?” Kibum laughed.

 

“ That’s what I’m trying to tell you Kibum we-” Eunyoung said.

 

“ We’re dating.” I stated.