8.

Lost Feelings

KRYSTAL'S POV

I flopped myself on my bed face first and yelled into my pillow. I jolted up and pulled back my hair. 

“ A girl?” I said.

I hugged my teddy bear and stared into space. I wonder how I didn't notice. Is it because of how masculine she looked? Or how much of a gentleman she is?

“ Soojung, you're straight.” I said.

I sighed and flopped back onto my bed. I stared at the empty white ceiling with a confused brain.

“ Does it even matter? I'm not trying to date her, I'm just…” I said.

Just what though?

AMBER'S POV

I guess Soojung didn't know I was girl. Well, she might stay away from me from now on, so I guess it's okay. I didn't sleep so well last night though. When I woke up, I felt cramps all over my body. How bad did I sleep last night?

I stretched and looked out the window, it was raining. I sighed when I remembered that I had a job interview today. Maybe that was why I woke up in bad shape.

I put on a blazer and a turtleneck because that was the fanciest thing that I had that was clean. I put on the black slacks and loafers uncle gave me and fixed my hair. Hopefully, I can get the job so I have good news for my parents. 

I put on another coat and a beanie for warmth, then headed out for breakfast. I ate breakfast at the same cafe I got the coffees from yesterday. I had to run though and be careful not to slip because I didn't have an umbrella. While eating, I thought about possible questions and answers for the interview.

The company I was being interviewed for, was looking for photographers and I decided to go for it. I have experience from old photo shoots, but never thought about actually signing up for the job until now. 

I got on a taxi and told the driver the address. I looked out at the gloomy weather as we drove through the wet roads. When I arrived, I paid for the taxi and ran into the building. 

The building itself was stylish, not to mention the people who worked here. Everyone was wearing nice looking clothes and looked professional. I wondered if I was too underdressed when I saw all the employees walking around in a stylish manner.

I checked in and waited quietly. When I was finally called up, I got up and followed the lady who lead me to the interview room. I entered a dark blue room that looked gloomy. A table was in the middle of it and pictures of models were scattered all over the walls.

I sat down on an empty chair and scanned the photos. There weren't any photos that had the same model on them, which impressed me. 

The door opened and a lady with a black dress came in. I got up and bowed to her. I shook her hand and we both sat down.

“ Your name is?” She asked.

“ Amber Josephine Liu, but my Korean name is Eunyoung,” I said.

She hummed and opened my portfolio of pictures. Then she closed it and crossed her arms. 

“ Do you know what this company really needs?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“ Photographers. In order to show what we've got, we need to show it through pictures. How else could we advertise this business?” She said.

I nodded in agreement.

“ Now, tell me. Do you really think you can do well as a photographer here?” She asked.

I thought about it and just shrugged. I couldn't lie, it's not my forte. She smirked and uncrossed her arms.

“ I like your honesty. However, that response isn't going to get you anywhere,” she said.

“ To be honest, I don't have much of an experience as a photographer,” I said.

She chuckled and looked at me. I just sat there, waiting for something to happen.

“ What did you do for your previous job?” She asked.

“ I composed music,” I answered.

“ It doesn't seem like a job that fits your image though,” she commented.

I shrugged because I didn't know how to respond to that. 

“ You really are one of a kind,” she said with a smile.

I wasn't sure if it was a compliment or not.

“ We will make sure to contact you, thank you Eunyoung Liu,” she said and stood up.

She put out her hand and I shook it.

“ Thank you miss,” I said.

“ Jin-ah Im. If you prefer though, Nana is my English name,” she said with a smile.

I nodded and followed her out the door. We bowed to each other once again and went our opposite ways.

It was a short interview and I honestly thought I wouldn't get the job. None of the questions were what I expected, so practicing my answers earlier at the cafe were useless.