15.

Lost Feelings

AMBER'S POV

My heart started beating faster when she told me loved me. 

What is love? 

What does it make someone do?

Is it okay to be in love?

I looked at Soojung, I didn't think she was in love with me. I now understood why she always wanted me to be around her. Then, I remembered Eric's words. He thought he was in love with me, but wasn't. I blinked and looked away from Soojung.

“ Say something,” Soojung said.

“ I don't even understand what love is anymore,” I stated.

“ Then I'll make you understand again. I'll make you understand every day,” Soojung said.

Is she being honest? I don't know why else would she lie. However, I don't know if I am willing to risk it. I'm afraid to love again.

“ I'm telling the truth Eunyoung, I love you. I'll do anything to prove it,” she said.

I bit my lip turned to the door. It was too much. Then, I heard a splash behind me and whipped my head around. What is she doing, swimming in this cold weather? Actually, why is the pool even open?

I waited a minute and realized that Soojung couldn't swim. I took off my coat and jumped into the pool. I saw her floating underwater and tried to make her get up but she wouldn't. Is she trying to kill herself?

I breathed in as much oxygen I could take in and went back underwater.

KRYSTAL'S POV

I couldn't think of any other way to stop Eunyoung from leaving. So I jumped into the cold pool. Like the stupid person I am, I didn't think about not being able to swim.

When Eunyoung dived after me, I shook my head because I wanted her to realize how serious I was. Then, she got closer and closer to my face, but I tried to push her away. 

Eunyoung put her lips against mine and blew into my mouth. I blinked at the sudden kiss and stopped pushing her. She broke the contact of our lips and dragged me up. We both breathed heavily for air. I looked at her eyes and lips. They were soft, and I wanted more. 

“ Soojung, why did you do that?” She asked angrily.

I made her face me and kissed her. At first there was no response, but then she kissed me back. Then and there, I knew that she had something for me too. When Eunyoung tried to pull back for air, I leaned in because I didn't want to end the kiss. 

“ Hey what're you guys doing in there? It's December, not July!” A guy asked.

We both quickly got out of the pool soaking wet and freezing. 

“ Kids these days,” the man muttered.

Eunyoung put her dry coat on me and we went back to my place. It was silent the whole way, and I knew the reason why. If either of us said anything, it would just lead to the kiss that happened.

“ D-do you want some clothes? I have a few clothes that my dad left behind here. Y-You can go take a shower and go home if you want,” I stuttered.

She nodded and followed me to my room. I gave her the clothes and she took a shower in one of the guest bedrooms. I covered my face in embarrassment. What did that kiss mean?

AMBER'S POV

Did I kiss her back? Did I just kiss Soojung back? Why did I like it so much? All these questions started popping up in my head as I showered. I touched my lip and thought back to when she kissed me.

“ Soft,” I said.

I shook my head and turned off the shower. I put on the clothes Soojung gave me and dried my hair. 

It was probably my fault though. When I tried to give Soojung some oxygen because I thought she was running out of breathe, I kissed her first. If I liked it so much, does this mean I have feelings for her too? However, why aren't I as happy as when Eric first confessed to me? Is it because my heart is still suffering from the heartbreak?

After taking a shower, I left her home and went back to my apartment. I lay down on my bed and couldn't fall asleep. I was deep in thought about the kiss, the confession and whether or not I really felt the same.

Then, I remembered soojung’s words. Can she really help me understand what love is again? I fell asleep with confused thoughts. When I woke up, I looked at the time; I only got a few hours of sleep.

I dragged myself out of bed and changed. I groggily went to work, unable to think straight because of last night. I stared at my blank screen as I thought back to last night.

“ Eunyoung!” I heard someone yell.

I looked over and saw Nana with not a very happy expression.

“ I've been calling your name for a while you know?” Nana asked.

I made an O with my mouth and looked back at my screen.

“ What's wrong with you?” She asked.

“ I didn't get enough sleep,” I said.

“ That explains your dark circles,” she said.

She walked over to me and fixed my messy bed hair.

“ Now tell me what's really wrong,” she said.

I blinked and sighed.

“ I got kissed and confessed to by a friend,” I said.

“ That's it?” She asked.

Nana sighed and pat my back.

“ You've got a long way to go if you can't even be honest with your feelings to that person.” Nana said and smiled.

I looked at her and thought about what she said. Nana was right, I needed to be honest.

“ Can I be excused for the rest of the day?” I asked.

“ If you promise to do twice the amount of paperwork,” she said.

I nodded and she gave me a go sign. I stood up and ran out of the building. I forgot my coat and umbrella, so I got soaked in the rain. I pulled out my phone and tried calling Soojung, but she wouldn't answer. Then I looked for the number of soojung's manager. She told me to contact him if I really needed to talk to her during work.

“ Hello?” He answered.

“ Hello, this is Eunyoung.” I said.

“ Oh yes, Krystal's friend. What do you need?” He asked.

“ Do you know where Krystal is?” I asked.

“ Well, I think she told me that she'd walk through this one park after filming. She didn't say which one though, so I don't know if I helped you any,” he said.

“ It's fine, I think I know,” I said.

“ Really? That's good. I don't even understand why she'd walk through a park when it's raining,” he said.

I bid him goodbye and started running to the park. It was a few kilometers away, but I ran as fast as I could. It was where I asked her if she wanted to meet my parents. I breathed heavily and let the rain soak my clothes. I ran around the park trying to find her. When I was starting to think that I wasn't in the right park, I approached a big fountain. I breathed heavily for air.

Then I looked up and saw a familiar figure looking at a fountain with her umbrella. She was just looking at the fountain as the rain dropped on her umbrella. Her hair and makeup was done, so it looked kind of like a movie. My heart started beating faster at the sight.

“ Jung Soojung!” I yelled.

She looked over at me and widened her eyes in surprise. I ran to her with all the energy I had left and hugged her. Her umbrella almost dropped because of the sudden contact. 

“ Eunyoung, what are you doing here? You're soaking wet. What-” she said.

“ Soojung, shut up and listen to me.” I said.

I faced her and breathed heavily.

“ Soojung, after a lot of thinking… I figured out that it's okay for me to love again. I don't want to avoid the problem any longer. I want you to fix my broken heart. When you kissed me, I thought it was wrong at first. However, I then realized that it's only because I haven't had that kind of contact in a long time.” I said.

I cupped her cheeks and stared deep into her eyes. She touched my hands and I felt the warmth from it.

“ I like you Jung Soojung. I want to fall in love with you. I want to be with you. I want to kiss you everyday from now on, and I want to make you mine,” I said.

“ Eunyoung, I like you too. I want to be with you and only you for a long time,” Soojung said as she started tearing up.

I smiled for the second time in a while and kissed her. She dropped her umbrella and kissed me back as we got soaked in the rain.