14.

Lost Feelings

AMBER'S POV

“ I like taking care of you, so let's keep it this way,” I said.

Soojung smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder.

“ Drop the Unnie too, I don't want to feel old,” she said. 

“ You seemed to like it when I called you noona though,” I said.

“ That-that's another story!” She said.

Soojung the tv and started skimming through channels.

“ It's 8 right now, so my drama is on. Want to watch it?” Soojung asked.

I nodded and watched her look for it as I took off my coat and extra unneeded layers.

“ By the way, I know you lied when you said you knew about my drama. You raised your right eyebrow when she mentioned my drama. That meant you had no idea what she was talking about,” she said.

“ I've been too busy with work,” I said.

“ From now on you have to watch it, it's called my lovely girl,” Soojung said.

I took off my shoes as I watched her drama. Soojung lay her head on my lap and admired herself. She kept pointing out all the parts she had a hard time on. Honestly though, she really is a great actress.

When it ended, I looked at the sleeping Soojung on my lap. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to dream of a forgotten dream. It was nice, until I woke up to an unfamiliar beeping. Soojung groaned and got up, trying to find the source of the sound. She motioned for me to get up and found her phone on the couch.

“ It's my alarm,” she said.

Obviously, she wasn't a morning person because she kept groaning. I stood up to stretch as Soojung went to her room. Then I went to her kitchen to drink my usual glass of water.

“ Sorry about this but I have a schedule to get to,” she said.

I nodded and put on my coat along with the extra layers. She came out of her room in a new outfit and wet hair. Her voice was still a little nasal and she looked grumpy. How should I say this though? She looked cute.

“ You look pretty,” I said. 

“ I know,” she said.

I starting walking towards the door.

“ Hey, wait! I was just kidding,” she said.

I waited for her as she put on her sneakers. I looked at the messages on my phone and texted Kibum. As if on cue, nana texted me after Soojung finished putting on her shoes. 

‘ Don't forget to edit the pictures! Just because you have the weekend off doesn't mean you can slack off! (;’

Soojung looked at the message and crossed her arms.

“ So Unnie, is your boss?” She asked.

I nodded and texted nana the thumbs up emoji. 

“ Come on, you have to send me away,” Soojung said.

She held my hand and dragged me to the fixed elevator. We silently waited as our hands were still together. I looked at it and raised my brow. Is she cold or just really wants to hold my hand? Either way, it was soft.

The elevator door opened and we entered. Soojung clicked the button and looked at our intertwined hands. She blushed and let go.

“ Sorry,” she said.

I looked at the numbers that were changing as we went down. It reminded me of the time I left my old apartment. It really wasn't a good memory to remember. 

I took a glance at Soojung and at the same time, she did also. Her eyes were a warm brown color, that looked unusually sad. Is it because of this Kai guy she talked about when she was drunk? The elevator doors opened and we stepped off of it. We went into two separate taxis though because she had to go to her schedule.

“ I'll call you later,” she said.

I nodded and waved at her as she left on the taxi. Then I went into my own taxi and headed home. This continued for a few days. She'd always make me come over to her house for lunch or dinner. I'd eat, listen to her talk about her day and go home. It was a little tiring because of the commute but I didn't mind.

As I was working on Soojung's photos in my office, Ellin came in.

“ How're the pictures coming along?” She asked.

I tilted the screen and let her look at the progress. 

“ Beautiful. Get these to me by tomorrow okay?” Ellin asked.

I nodded and continued working.

“ Actually, want to go get some lunch with me? I want to try this new place that apparently sells good sandwiches.” She said.

I nodded and saved my work. I put on my coat and walked out of the office. We stumbled upon nana in the lobby and greeted her.

“ Where are you guys going?” Nana asked.

“ We're going to get some sandwiches, do you want to come boss?” Ellin said.

Nana looked at her watch and smiled.

“ I guess I have time to spend,” she said.

We went to the sandwich shop and ate lunch. Nana and Ellin were gossiping about celebrity couples as I munched on my sandwich. I didn't pay any attention to them.

“ Hey Eunyoung, you remember Krystal right?” Ellin asked. 

I nodded and nana put her phone in front of my face.

“ Look, isn't she just cute with her boyfriend kai? I wish I had a boyfriend like that.” Nana said.

I looked at the picture of them walking together and smiling at the photographers. 

“ Kai?” I asked.

I thought she didn't have a boyfriend? I thought that this guy left her? I was confused.

“ Yeah, you don't know him? He's from SM too, in a group called exo.” Nana said.

“ Hey are you okay? You haven't set your eyes off of that screen,” Ellin said and waved her hands in front of my face. 

KRYSTAL'S POV

Finally, I can go home after a long day of filming. I happily texted Eunyoung to come over and eat dinner with me. She texted back and gave me an okay. I picked up some groceries along the way and decided to make dinner for her.

When I finished cooking the soup, the door rang and I ran up to the door. When I opened it, I saw Eunyoung's usual blank face. 

“ Hey I just finished cooking, come sit down and eat.” I gleamed.

She followed me to the table filled with food and started eating. 

“ How was work?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders as she ate the kimchi fried rice.

“ Does everything taste okay?” I asked.

She nodded and continued eating. I started eating also and tried to spark up a conversation, but all she'd do is nod or shrug her shoulders. It felt exactly like the time I first met Eunyoung at the bar. Awkward and quiet.

After she helped me clean up the dishes, I wanted her to stay longer. I was afraid that she was going to leave after helping me clean.

“ Uh, do you want to go upstairs to the pool? There’s this amazing view of Seoul up there,” I said.

She turned to me and thought about my request before nodding. We walked side by side up to the outdoor pool. I was surprised to see it open because it was December. I wonder if they’re just cleaning it?

I felt the cold breeze on my face and tried to bury myself into Eunyoung’s scarf. She sat down and stared at the blue pool. I gulped because I knew something was wrong.

“ Even though there's this big pool here, I can't use it because I can't swim,” I said.

I leaned down to take a good look at the pool. Then, tilted my head over at Eunyoung. I pulled my bangs to the side and sighed. I know Eunyoung is quiet and doesn't talk a lot but the vibe she currently had was off.

“ Why're you so weird?” I asked.

She didn't respond.

“ Just tell me,” I continued.

“ Why do you keep wanting to be with me?” Eunyoung suddenly asked.

“ Be-because I want to. Is it bad that I want to be with you?” I said.

“ Soojung, don't you have a boyfriend?” She asked.

I stared at her, not knowing what to say.

“ No,” I said.

She took her eyes off the pool and looked at me.

“ But my co-workers said-” she said.

“ You believe them and not me?” I asked.

She scratched her nape and pulled back her short hair.

“ We broke up. We just haven't revealed it to the public yet.” I said.

Eunyoung put her hands in her pocket and looked back at the pool. 

“ Eunyoung, I would have told you. I just didn't talk about him because I was recovering from a broken heart.” I said.

I laughed because she didn't seem convinced. Unbelievable.

“ Why are you making a big deal out of this?” I asked.

“ I'm not,” she responded.

“ Then why're you acting like a jerk?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders and I scoffed in annoyance.

“ ing ,” I said in English.

“ I'm not doing anything wrong,” She said fluently in English.

I looked at her, appalled. Eunyoung knew how to speak in english.

“ Okay, so you only now tell me you know how to speak english?” I said.

“ It doesn't matter.” Eunyoung stated.

“ Everything about you matters to me Eunyoung, I ing care about every little thing about you. I want to know more about you. I want to know you better than anyone, better than Kibum, nana or even your uncle,” I yelled.

“ Why do you care so much?” She asked and looked at me.

I gulped, unable to say anything. Eunyoung stood up and walked towards the exit.

“ Where are you going?” I asked.

“ Home,” she said.

“ Don't try to get away when you know damn well, this conversation isn't over.” I said.

Eunyoung stopped and turned to me.

“ Eunyoung, I know you're heartbroken and so am I. When I'm around you though, all of the pain goes away,” I said.

“ I'm tired of being dragged around by you just because I make you forget about your ex,” she stated.

“ You're misunderstanding,” I said.

“ Then enlighten me,” she said.

I gripped my fingers and felt tears suddenly form in my eyes. I was afraid, but I needed to say it. I needed to be honest. After a lot of thinking, I finally confirmed it. The reason why I was happier around Eunyoung, why I always wanted to see her, why I always got jealous when she spoke to other people, and why I always seemed to crave for her smile again.

“ Eunyoung. I love you,” I said.