22.

Lost Feelings

*Sigh* I'm so bad at updating. But here's the update, and I didn't want to make it so dramatic so I made it like meh. Anywayz, I will try to spice things up from now on. For now, here's a short chapter *-* ALSO, excuse my ugly grammar, my writing skills are so rusty  


AMBER’S POV

“ Dating?” Kibum choked.

He started coughing on the food that he filled his mouth with earlier. Worried, I stood up and pat his back.

“ A-Are you okay?” I stuttered.

 

“ Y-yeah,” he coughed.

I sat back down and watched him down his glass of water. I looked over at Soojung and furrowed my brows. She shrugged and checked up on Kibum. I knew she was impatient but she didn’t need to blurt it out when I was going to announce it. Then again, I probably was going to be interrupted. Soojung looked back and just stared at me.

Kibum straightened his posture and cleared his throat. Soojung and I’s eye-conversation was cut off and turned our heads towards him. He scanned the room to make sure that there was nobody around and finally spoke.

“ Amb-I mean Eunyoung,” he said.

He lowered his eyelids and sighed.

“ I love you, you know. You’re like an older sister that I’ve never had,” Kibum said.

I nodded.

“ And I know this country of ours is very conservative, but I’ll support you both all the way. I mean from the moment you entered the room, I knew something was going on between you two,” he smiled.

Soojung gripped my hand under the table and looked at me in happiness.

“ Really? Were we that obvious?” I blushed.

“ Well, it was pretty obvious because you kept gawking at her. Soojung is a good girl though, I’ve known her since her trainee days,” he chuckled.

“ Thanks Kibum,” Soojung smiled.

He grinned and pat my back. Then he turned his back towards Soojung.

“ Since you’re dating my best friend... Make sure to support Shinee’s new albums,” he said.

“ Wow, and here I thought you were going to say something touching. Shameless advertising Key,” Soojung scoffed.

“ You know me Krystal. I want to get my group as big as possible,” he chuckled.

They both laughed as I tried to figure out what was so funny. I guess SM idols had a lot of inside jokes. Kibum then suddenly cleared his throat and his face became serious. He looked at me and I raised my brow.

“ If it weren’t for Eunyoung though, I wouldn’t even be who I am today. This fame, millions of people who love me, stable income, and a new family. I’m really so thankful for her,” he said.

“ That’s not true, you did it all on your own,” I frowned.

Kibum shook his head with a smile.

“ We both know that you were the one who actually helped me get into the company Eunyoung,” he said.

Soojung raised her brow in confusion.

“ What do you mean?” Soojung asked.

Kibum looked at me with a questionable face.

“ You haven’t told her?” Kibum asked.

“ It never really popped up,” I shrugged.

Kibum faced the confused girl and pointed to me.

“ Eunyoung here, used to be an artist. Was an amazing one at that,” he complimented.

“ Really?” She asked.

Soojung looked at me and I gulped. Her face was showing her signature, ‘you’ve got a lot of explaining to-do’ look. Thanks a lot Kibum.

" I wasn’t that good,” I shook my head.

“ Right. More like amazing,” he gleamed.

“ I hope you can tell me more about this later Eunyoung,” Soojung coughed.

“ Are you sick or something?” Kibum asked.

After finally getting our dinner, we ate with a hearty conversation. Soojung of course, was still kind of disappointed because I haven’t told her all of my past, whereas Kibum was slowly filling her in. Leave it to Kibum to spread untold secrets.

“ Isn’t it kind of boring here?” Kibum asked us.

“ What do you mean?” I asked.

“ I mean, since I have a little more time to spend and it’s already midnight,” he trailed off.

Soojung laughed and finished his sentence.

“ The old man’s bar seems like a good place to be right now,” Soojung said.

“ Spot on!” Kibum gleamed.

So, we ended up getting a taxi to the bar and met up with uncle. Of course, he was more than happy to see Kibum once again and filled him in on what he missed immediately. They headed off somewhere else to talk, leaving Soojung and I alone. We quietly sat in the bar as we tuned in to the jazz music.

KRYSTAL’S POV

“ Are you mad?” Eunyoung suddenly asked.

I turned my head towards her.

“ It’s not like I’m mad, I just thought that you would’ve told me something important like that sooner. I feel like I don’t know you as well as I’ve thought. I’m sorry if I gave off the wrong vibe,” I frowned.

Eunyoung blinked and looked at me for a minute. Then, she looked down at my drink and then at me.

“ No, you’re right. I should’ve told you sooner,” she sighed.

I smiled and held her right hand.

“ If you aren’t comfortable talking about it, it’s fine,” I said.

She looked at me in the eyes and I blushed. It always amazes me on how good-looking she was even though she’s a girl. If she hadn’t corrected me in the taxi that one time, I don’t think I would have ever found out.

“ I want to tell you,” Eunyoung said.

I nodded as I continued to stare deep into her eyes. The jazz music went through my ears but I was more focused on her voice and eyes.

“ The reason why I could never finish a song nowadays is because of my lack of inspiration. That was also why I quit being an artist. I used to have so much ideas for new music but it just died out. No matter how hard I tried, it never really worked out,” Eunyoung said.

I felt her grip tighten on my hands as she continued.

“ It was also around the time my parents died. If they ever found out that I stopped being a producer, I think they would’ve killed me,” she chuckled.

I raised my brow.

“ Why?” I asked.

“ Because I’ve basically given up almost everything to be able to produce music. I rebelled against my parents’ wish for me to be a doctor and tried so hard to convince them. In the end, they accepted my dreams and helped me go through with it,” she answered.

“ Your parents really do sound lovely,” I commented.

“ They really were,” she said.

She looked down on our linked hands as I continued to stare at her face. I don’t know if it was the alcohol or the temperature of the room, but I was starting to get flustered. Even though there was jazz music and people talking around us, it felt quiet because neither of us were talking.

“ Kiss me,” I stated.

“ W-what?” She stuttered.

I smiled at her nervousness and got closer to her face.

“ Kiss me,” I repeated.

“ B-but we’re in public. I-I don’t want you to get caught,” she said.

“ Nobody would care, not in this bar at least,” I said.

Eunyoung bit her lip and blushed. I felt the distance between our faces slowly decrease as I felt her breath getting hotter and hotter. I felt myself blushing also as her face came closer to mine.

We slowly kissed as if our lips were dancing to the music. I didn’t care if somebody who knew me saw, all I care about currently is the person in front of me. I put my right hand on her nape, in attempt to bring our faces closer.

As we slowly broke the kiss without breaking eye-contact, I cracked a smile. Her eyes revealed a craving for more, which I shared. Then, I bit my lip as I looked back on her lips.

“ Will you stay for the night?” I asked.

She nodded and immediately lead me out the door after putting our coats on. I was laughing internally as I thought of how this younger girl was. However, it was then clouded by my own dirty thoughts after smashing our lips together once again.