minho or jonghyunnie? ~JONGHYUNNIE~ [B]

Can I Keep Him?

UN-BETAED 



“Onew-ssi what on earth happened?” Minho said the moment he entered his shop.

He spotted Onew in the same place where Jonghyun had left him, head lowered and both hands drooped to his sides.

“Onew-ssi, I think hyung is mad.I just bumped into him on my way here and he just told me to enjoy my new pet. What is he talking about? What did you tell him?” he said as he paced forward to where Onew was.

“I’m sorry” the other mumbled out of nowhere, His voice low and deep.

“What’s wrong?” Minho sensed something was terribly wrong “Onew-ssi… what did you do?” he asked.

"I-I told him I like you more"

Minho froze momentarily.

“Okay... You know what?” he started, biting his lower lip to control his anger before continuing “Come with me and we will talk to hyung. He has not gone far yet. Come on.” He ordered, grabbing Onew’s wrist and pulling the latter up the chair. He had had enough. He had listened to an upset Onew all day, and now he is going to have to deal with an obstinate Jonghyun and a 9 year old who just seemed to ruin his and Jonghyun’s friendship.

“NO!!!” the other struggled out of his grip and Minho almost dived forward when Onew pulled his hand from his hold. He may act like a 9 year old, but his strength and body was a totally different story.

“Onew-ssi! Don’t be silly”

“I… I don’t want to” Onew told him “I- I just told him I didn’t like him. I can’t show my face to him now.” Onew whimpered

Minho sighed, the sight of Onew scared and nervous softening him. He shook his head before he gently took hold of Onew’s wrist again “Yes. You. Can.” he tried, circling his fingers around Onew’s wrist.

Unfortunately, Onew had already made up his mind. With all the things he had said earlier, there is no way he's talking to Jonghyun, not now, not ever. Without really thinking much he pulled his hand out of Minho’s grip and ran to the nearest room, slamming the door in minho’s face when the taller one tried to follow.

“Onew-ssi! Open this door! Onew-ssi! ” He called as he banged on the door

He knocked and knocked until he finally realized something. He was dealing with a man that’s a 9 year old at heart and brain. He growled, if anyone is to fix this only he can and if Onew won’t let him, maybe he can kick the senses back to his hyung instead.

 

---☜(˚▽˚)☞---

 

“hyung!” Minho tried to catch up to his hyung

Jonghyun ignored him and continued walking

“hyung! Wait-“

Minho panted when he finally reached Jonghyun. He grabbed him by the hand and it stopped the older boy. Jonghyun turned around and glared at minho. He jerked his dongsaeng’s hand away and then proceeded to walk.

“hyung!” Minho called out again, only this time he was motionless but his voice was louder.

Jonghyun stopped in his tracks. He rolled his eyes before turning around, his gaze back to minho “What do you want?” he asked calmly, but the anger still evident in his voice.

“hyung please.” Minho begged, he looked at his hyung with pleading eyes, but jonghyun does not seem to be affected. His expression was straight, his eyes lazy, and his mouth forming a straight line, that minho could tell jonghyun was not interested in anything he’s about to say next.

“hyung... please, let’s talk about this, it’s not what you -.”

“I don’t care!” he cuts his dongsaeng off, his expression still blank.

“hyung please”

"I don’t care Minho, just go back to him.”

“But hyung, he’s yours”

“Not anymore” Jonghyun said before he starts fast-walking again. Afraid he might do something he would regret.

“Hyung… will you—“ minho followed him, “will you please stop walking and listen for a bit!”

Jonghyun sighed before turning to his dongsaeng again “There’s no need to talk minho, I get it.” He assured minho

“But hyung, that’s onew ssi,” minho started “you need him as much as he needs you”

“What are you talking about? I don’t need him minho and I think he doesn’t need me now that he’s got you.” he snorted

“hyung, please stop being so stubborn and act mature for once,” Minho sensed the anger in his hyung’s eyes, “you… you need him hyung, you know you do.” He finished nervously.

Jonghyun froze at the moment,“I don’t have time for this,” he sighed, his eyes looking everywhere but Minho.

“You know hyung? I don’t remember the last time I saw you smile” Minho said out of nowhere.

Jonghyun is confused, one moment they were fighting and talking about Onew, now minho is commenting about his smile? “What- what are you talking about? I always smile” he told minho with a frown.

“Yeah, but not the way you smile whenever you talk to him, whenever you watch him, whenever you see him”

“Ever since you decided to live alone, I’ve been struggling to make you happy hyung, but no matter what I do, nothing seems to work” the younger paused “Not until he came.”

“No matter how you deny it hyung, you yourself knows how much you need him, how much you want him with you.”

It was as if those words were his last straw and Jonghyun dashed towards Minho, the younger man stumbled backwards when his hyung forcefully pushed him.

“Don’t talk as if you know everything about Onew and me Minho. If you really think I needed him, then you would never let any of this happen. You don’t even know how bad I feel right know, how bad it felt when he said he wanted you more.”

Minho snorts “at least you know now how he felt when you told him you don’t like him yesterday, when you called him annoying and when you told him you liked real rabbits more.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widened, suddenly he remembered and he felt stupid “Don’t tell me I don’t know anything about you two hyung, because I spent the entire day listening to onew-ssi talk about how he likes you so much and how you never liked him back, comforting him and encouraging him to change back and talk to you!” he roughly pushed his index finger into his dazed hyung’s chest. “And I’ve had enough for one day hyung and I am not going to argue with you anymore!” he hissed “now you’re coming with me and you’re fixing this ing mess you and that huge mouth of yours started! Or do I have to drag you?”

Jonghyun is dumfounded but he followed nonetheless.

 

---☜(˚▽˚)☞---

 

Jonghyun wasn’t certain what caused him to do this, if it’s because he admits he’s the one at fault here or if it’s because minho’s voice were louder, his eyes were more burning with rage and it was his first time seeing his dongsaeng angry that he only noticed how tall and scary minho actually is.

“onew-ah?” he caleds out from the other side of the door.

“j-jonghyunnie?” the other side replied faintly yet sounding surprised to hear Jonghyun’s voice

Jonghyun couldn’t help but smile when he heard Onew calling him Jonghyunnie again.

“Can you open the door? Please?” he started “Jonghyunnie’s sorry, for getting mad awhile ago… and... and for yesterday too,” he said softly “I – I didn’t mean any of it, Jonghyunnie was just scared to tell you how much he likes you”

“You... you like me?” the voice on the other side asked with expectancy

“Of course I do, you’re my Onew” he smiled, wishing Onew could see

“And I was also scared to let Minho know I like you.”  He mumbled silently, stealing nervous glances at Minho who was behind him, who has his hands crossed like a teacher checking to see if his student is cheating during an exam.

“Onew please,” he tried again when the door still didn’t open “I’m really sorry, don’t be mad anymore, please Onew don’t be mad any-“ but before he could finish his sentence, Onew stormed out of the room and jumped at Jonghyun.

Both of them fell on the floor, Jonghyun’s arms were wrapped around Onew who was burying his face in Jonghyun’s clothed chest, wetting it with tears.

“O-onew ah?” Jonghyun froze, entirely at a loss for what was happening, nonetheless, he nervously petted Onew’s head “Are- are you still mad?” he asked nervously

“I-I was never mad” the other said between sobs. “I’ll never be mad at Jonghyunnie, I-I was just worried that you really don’t like me with you, around you, and,” he sobbed “and… that.. that..” he barely said the last word when jonghyun pulled him closer, hugging him tight.

“God! I don’t know why, but I missed you so much onew-ah.”

3 minutes passed like that until Onew finally stopped.

 

---☜(˚▽˚)☞---

 

“yeah yeah, I get it”

“I’m telling you hyung, the next time things like this happens again, I’m really gonna keep him, I’ll really -”

“Goodbye.choi.minho” jonghyun cuts him off before hanging up.

He resettled himself on his bed and Onew entered the bedroom.

“Did you brush your teeth properly?” Jonghyun asked and onew nodded obediently.

“Come here,” he said, beckoning with his finger

Just like an excited puppy, Onew crawled under the sheets with Jonghyun and nuzzled his head in his owner’s neck.

“Jonghyunnie?”

“Hmm?”

“How come you don’t pet me “

“What?”

“Well… Minho said that pets are supposed to be caressed and fondled with. Just like what he always does with his cat. He said that it’s a sign of affection of an owner to its pet, but you never do any of those pet stuff to me,  but if you don’t like it… ”

“It’s not that I don’t like it. It’s just…” he paused, thinking of what to say next.” it’s because you’re not my pet”

“What?!” onew pulled back “what do you mean?” he asked, worried.

“You’re something else” Jonghyun told him.

“…”

He chuckled, amused at Onew’s puzzled reaction. “You’re something special”

“…”

“You’re more than just a pet and that’s why there’s a special way to pet you”

“How?” Onew asked, his head cocking in confusion.

Jonghyun grinned “I’ll show you” his arms reaching forward, cupping Onew’s face and bringing his face close to Onew’s before pressing his lips into Onew’s.

“popo~” he told him after.

Onew smiled, completely satisfied then he lied back into Jonghyun’s chest.

“jonghyunnie?”

“hmm?”

“Seriously, what am I to you?”

“I told you you’re something special”

“I don’t even know what you mean”

He pouted and Jonghyun chuckled.

“It means you’re my Onew and your mine and you can only belong to me.”

Jonghyun said as he played with Onew’s fringe.

“Jonghyunnie??” Onew calls again.

“What Onew?” Jonghyun answered, trying to sound irritated, but ended up chuckling

“Can I have another popo~?”

He smiled before leaning down to give Onew another kiss.