minho or jonghyunnie? ~JONGHYUNNIE~ [A]

Can I Keep Him?

UN-BETAED 


“Minho, I’m back~” jonghyun called out as he closed the door behind him. He walked forward, searching for minho then stopped when he saw onew (in his human form) sitting on a chair beside the bunny cages. The other’s gaze watching the rabbits intently, thinking that onew didn’t hear him call out, jonghyun stepped further to the front.

“onew-ah, you’re finally back to your human form. I’m so glad you—“

“Go home jonghyun-ssi” Onew cuts him off. It was the first time Onew called him jonghyun without the endearments and he didn’t like it and why was Onew telling him to go home? Was he really asking Jonghyun to leave?

“Wh-what?”

“Minho-ah went out, but he’ll be back soon. I’ll tell him you passed by” Onew said, his voice low and thick and for a second there Jonghyun almost believed it wasn’t Onew he was talking to.

He froze. His ears couldn’t believe what he was hearing, it was like he was being abandoned, thrown away by someone he kept safe and fed and cared about.

“M-minho ah?” did onew just call minho ‘minho-ah’ and ‘passed by’ don’t tell me? No...No no no no no, minho wouldn’t do that.

“O-onew?” he tried calling again, he wanted the other to look at him straight in the eyes and tell him what was really going on, but onew ignored him.

Trying his best to believe that onew didn’t hear him, he spoke again. “O-onew ah, what are you talking about?” his heart beat skipped when the other raised his hand only to run his finger through the cold metal bars of the bunny cage. Jonghyun was scared. He was scared to hear the other’s answer, for it may be similar to what he thought was happening and he didn’t want this to happen. He didn’t want to lose his pet, his bunny, his onew.

“jonghyun-ssi--“ onew mumbled sofly.

“Stop calling me that!” the owner snapped, cutting onew off. It startled onew, but he didn’t show it “I’m jonghyunnie! Remember?! Your jonghyunnie? That is what I want you to call me” he confessed.

“I-I can’t”

“What do you mean you can’t, don’t you like your Jonghyunnie anymore Onew-ah?” jonghyun thought he sounded too desperate, but at the moment, he didn’t care anymore. He just wanted this nonsense to stop.

“I… I like Minho-ah now. I like him more” the other spoke. His voice trembling.

Jonghyun was taken aback. Why is Onew telling him this? The Onew he took care of, regardless of the short time. The Onew he cherished. The Onew whom he enjoyed bathing with. The Onew whom he secretly cuddled with in bed when the other was asleep, that sweet Onew who would give him a sweet angelic smile every breakfast before taking a spoonful of rice with a strip of chicken meat into his mouth. His eyes water as he thought of that Onew who’s now seated in front of him, eyes locked in the bunny cage and despite the beanie, covering half of Onew’s face, Jonghyun could tell that the bunny was as serious as he is.

He tried to recall the wrong things he did, so he could apologize, but found none and it only made him feel ten times angrier.

“You like Minho now, huh?” his voice was deep and there was no reply. Jonghyun’s eyes widened in anger as he held back the tears that were almost to come out. “Enjoy a life without me then.” He said before he trailed off, leaving Onew who lowered his head after hearing the door close.