minho or jonghyunnie? ~ part 1 ~

Can I Keep Him?

UN-BETAED 


Jonghyun yawned as he entered the house, Onew following him behind. The rabbit was pouting at the sight of Jonghyun's back. He had not shown any attention to Onew ever since they had left Minho's shop. He didn't talk to him, even when they were walking and he is starting to worry. He was getting hurt too. He was getting the idea that Jonghyun already hated him for telling Minho that his owner likes him. The truth is, Onew didn’t take back the things he said to Minho. When he entered the storage room after jonghyun had told him to go, he only stood there and watched Minho lift boxes of animal foods.

Onew stopped walking. He stood beside the couch, with a face that looked like frowning and straight at the same time. He watched Jonghyun pace around the kitchen, then to his bedroom, he came out with a towel on his shoulder, then he went straight to the bathroom.

‘He's completely ignoring me’ the rabbit thought. Minutes later, Jonghyun finishds his bath. He slowly stepped out of the bathroom with a towel on his head, covering half of his now damp hair. He was surprised to see that his house was as quiet as ever, like he was all alone inside.

 "Onew?" he called out the name of the person who was usually the only noise his house have. But no one answered so he thought maybe Onew went to bed first, but without taking a bath? Then he felt thirsty all a sudden. He walked to the kitchen, but when he passed by the living room, he noticed that the television is but no one was there.

“Seriously! Onew" he hissed obviously annoyed. He bit his lower lips, stomping his feet as he walked to the TV to turn it off, but before he reached the television he was stopped by his vision. He noticed something white, on the couch. At first he got scared by the thought that the white thing is a ghost, but when he cocked his head in the direction, he saw a rabbit on his couch, a white rabbit that looked like the rabbit he found outside his door one rainy night."Onew?" he asked, but he got no response from the rabbit. The rabbit was too engrossed with the TV, then jonghyun chuckled, remembering how Onew is when he was watching TV. He would ignore Jonghyun as well, sometimes. "Yup! You are Onew, but why are you in your bunny form? Are you sick? Is there something wrong?" he asked, worried, kneeling down as he leaned his jaw over his arm over the armrest of the couch, he waited for Onew, the rabbit, to look at him, transform back or respond in any other way possible, but still Onew's focus was all in the television. He felt a little hurt, it felt like, he was talking to no one.

Sneering in annoyanc, Jonghyun dragged himself up. "tch, fine, watch TV, I'm going to sleep, don't stay up too late ok?" he said, sulking, sounding irritated,  but concerned deep inside. He grabbed the towel on his head then threw it beside onew, telling him to take a bath, before he walked away.

Onew was not really watching the TV, he was avoiding Jonghyun. He didn't want to talk to him, because he didn't know what to say. He thought that if he’d turn into a bunny Jonghyun would start to pet him, but no. Maybe he really is annoying, maybe he's got everything wrong? All this time he thought Jonghyun cared for him, but it seems like he is wrong.

He changed back into his human form, snatching the towel beside him and He slowly walked away from the living room and went to the bathroom. Onew washed off quietly, feeling slightly proud and sad. Proud that he had finally learned how to shower by himself and sad because he wanted to shower with Jonghyunnie. After showering, he stepped inside Jonghyun's bedroom, tiptoed to his bed, climbing on it quietly, not wanting to wake Jonghyun up. He crawled in between him and the wall, so that he is facing him instead of it and he watched him sleep soundlessly. His face all relaxed as he smiled in his sleep and Onew can’t help but smile too, because, he found it cute, but seconds later his smile disappeared.

"I’m sorry..." He whispered as he runs his fingers in Jonghyun’s cheeks, he brushed away the bangs covering his face, he cried quietly that night before finally falling asleep

 

---☜(˚▽˚)☞---

 

"welcome~" Minho greeted as soon as he heard the door open "ah- hyung, welcome back" he smiled when he saw his hyung "uh, where's Onew ssi?" he noticed that Onew was missing when Jonghyun closed the door behind him and no one followed him from behind. He was supposed to leave Onew at Minho's shop today before going to work, just like yesterday.

"He's right here"Jonghyun replied.

"Huh?" Minho asked, tilting his head curiously. "What are you talking about hyung?" 

"I mean, he's right here" Minho noticed that Jonghyun was carrying a cute white rabbit in his arms.

Minho, being an animal lover, gasped and ran to Jonghyun right away, stealing away the rabbit from Jonghyun's hand. "Hyung, it’s is so cute, where'd you get him?" he asked, he was holding the rabbit up with his two hands.

Minho hugged the rabbit before turning back to Jonghyun again "can I keep him hyung?"he asked as he caressed the rabbit in his hands.

Jonghyun's eyes widened before he snapped "NO! He's my pet! And I thought you liked cats?"

"But you already have Onew" Minho held the rabbit high above his head when Jonghyun tried to steal his rabbit back.

"Well, that is Onew, that is my pet"  Jonghyun said, still trying to reach for his rabbit, but Minho held the rabbit above his head and it was too high for the short height of jonghyun to reach. 

Finally Jonghyun gave up and stepped back "Hyung, what are you talking about?" Minho asked as he lowered Onew, bringing him back to his chest again.

Jonghyun lets out a deep sigh, "The rabbit your holding right now is my pet, that rabbit is Onew." his finger pointing at the rabbit.

"..."Minho was speechless for a while, then he looked down at the rabbit, at Jonghyun, at the rabbit, then back at Jonghyun "WHAT!??" he exclaimed "So it’s true? He really does turn into a rabbit, although I haven't seen him turn into one, but, you're really not lying, right hyung?~" he asked, just to make sure that his hyung is not tricking him right now.

"Of course not,” he sighed “he has been like that since last night. I thought he would change back, but when I woke up this morning his still like that. I tried to tell him to change back into his human form, so I can talk to him, but he just won’t listen and I don’t know why."

The two of them stood there wordless, until Minho broke the silence "Uhmm maybe it’s normal or maybe he's sick." Jonghyun just shook his head "Just... take care of him while I’m gone ok? Maybe you'll know what to do. I have to go to work." Jonghyun said. He was about to turn away, when he remembered something.

"Oh... right. Minho, here," he said as he placed a bag on the table beside him "In that bag, you'll find his clothes. Just in case he would change back." he paused " and if you don’t want to see a man with rabbit ears and a fluffy tail, you might as well ready his clothes before he changes back."

Jonghyun scowled at Minho when he noticed that the younger's cheeks turning red and when the redness reached Minho's ears, he couldn't help but asked, "Minho-ah are you okay?"

Minho snapped right after he heard his hyung's voice,"Y- yes hyung. I’ll take are of everything hyung. You better go to work" Minho stuttered.

And with that Jonghyun left with uncertainty. He was uncertain if it was right to leave Onew with Minho in this state. Where he knew Onew could change back into his human form anytime and he isn’t there for him. Letting Minho fix the problem himself, instead of him. He's the owner and he's the one who's supposed to be there for Onew.

He didn't think it was right to leave Onew, especially not now that there's definitely something wrong with the rabbit. He could tell, but he really needed to go to work as well.