...With Two Personalities

The One...

DONGHYUCK 

 

I don't know how I got here. Mark has some spell on me that make me do anything he asks but this is a bit too much. Somehow, I find myself in the boy's locker room and front of me is a dozen of boys changing. 

 

"Why am I here?" I said in the quietest voice possible.

 

"Because I want you to be here," Mark answer as he pulls on a sport shirt with the school mascot, a grizzly bear, on it. 

 

"I'm not even in the team," I pouted.

 

"It's fine," He got up from tying his shoelaces and pinch my cheeks. "Besides it's not like you're gawking at any guy except me."

 

I scoff. "Like I want to see you ."

 

"Don't lie to yourself," Mark laughs and gave me his lacrosse stick. "Carry this for me."

 

We walk out of the locker room with me carrying his lacrosse stick while Mark carries his heavy-looking bag. Most of the team are already out on the field, stretching. Mark join them as I sat on the outside of the field perimeter and watch. He knew I was looking so he purposely did a squat that shows off his nice . When the coach blows the whistle, Mark shoots a wink at me and group up with his team.

 

"Alrighty, ladies, we are gonna work all your chicken legs today with boot camp," Coach Jongin said loudly. "Five times around the bleachers. Go go go!"

 

Everyone got up and jog up and down the bleachers. I just sat there and watch them, specifically Mark, breathing heavily as they work their legs muscle to the max. My young master has a nice pair of legs. Oh god, that's so weird to think about.

 

"I believe your name is Donghyuck," Coach Jongin snap me out of my thought. "Interest in joining the team?"

 

"No sir, I would probably faint before I could even go up those bleachers," I laugh. "I'm not got at anything except cleaning and house chores."

 

"How about be our mascot?" 

 

"Huh?"

 

"We kinda need someone to cheer for us in a bear costume," The coach shrugged. "Every other sports team at this school have one except for us."

 

"Maybe," I answer nervously. "I wouldn't mind but I kinda have a job after school."

 

"What are you guys talking about?" Mark appears out of nowhere. "Baby, can you hang me a water bottle?"

 

I rampage through his bag and gave him a cold water bottle. Mark gulp that thing down like he just ran through the desert. Afterward, he sat down on the grass next to me. Everyone else is slowly jogging back after finishing their laps.

 

"I was asking Donghyuck to be our mascot during our games," Coach Jongin explains. "But he has a job to attend to after school."

 

"Job? Oh!" Mark seems excited about this idea. "You're my butler so you have to serve me and I order you to be my team mascot."

 

"Don't you have to ask your parents about changing my job description?" I laugh as Coach Jongin talks to the other team members.

 

"I want you to be my team mascot or else you're fire," He clings onto me. 

 

"Ok ok fine, just get off," I push him away. "You're all sweaty."

 

Before I could stop myself, I reach into his bag and pull out a towel. I wipe his forehead and face free of sweat. From other people perspective, we must look like that cliché couple. Ewwww

 

"Mark! Get back here," Coach Jongin blew his whistle. Mark ran up to him and say something. The coach turn to me and gave me a thumb up. I guess I'm the lacrosse team mascot now.

 

The practice wasn't horrible but it was hot. The coach gave me a mascot costume. Luckily, the fur on the bear costume was short so it wasn't too hot. Nonetheless, it still boiling inside the suit. It was pretty cute, to be honest. The bear suit is light brown and wears a light green t-shirt with the school name on it. A lacrosse stick was under the school name. Coach Jongin just need me in it to see if it fit, otherwise, he might have to get the home ec students to change it. It fit but the coach has to help me put on the damn bear head. In the end, I just spend the whole practice dancing around in the bear costume to get used to it.

 

"Good job ladies, that's all for practice today," Coach Jongin blew his whistle again. "Go shower, change, and get out of here."

 

"Woooo coach," One of the guy said. "You end practice earlier than usual today."

 

"Maybe he got a date," Another one yell out.

 

"Is it Mr.Do?" Jaemin yells out this time. "He wouldn't stop smiling during 6th period."

 

"Shut up before I make you do more laps," The coach yell in embarrassment before running into the locker room office. "Get out of here, you brats."

 

All the guys laugh as they change and shower. I ignore most of them and try to change out of the bear costume. Everything comes off easily but the head was difficult to take off. I struggle with it for a good minute. Mark appears out of nowhere and held the head still.

 

"You look cute struggling like that," He places a kiss on the bear mouth. "Let me help you."

 

He took it off in one go. Inside the bear head was hot, so my hair is sticking onto my forehead. However I could see what Mark did and I just stare at him, don't know what to say.

 

"What?" He leans in and kisses my cheek. "I just like kissing you."

 

My face burns up more than when it's inside the bear head. Mark just laugh and wipe my face clean of the sweat. After I change back to my uniform, Mark took me by the hand and rush me outside. His car is already here waiting for us. After a while, the driver drops us off to the restaurant that we ate at the night we ditch the fancy party. 

 

"Bring back memories?" Mark teased.

 

"The place looks great in bright light," I retorted.

 

"Yeah, their decorations change depend on the seasons or holiday," He said as a waitress show us to the same table. "You should see this place during Halloween."

 

"Why are we here?" I ask after we place our order. We had the same things as last time as well. "You could have just eaten at home."

 

"I want to know what you and Jeno talk about earlier," Mark smirk. I must look shocked because his smirk got wider. "You didn't think I forgot, did you?"

 

"It's wasn't anything special."

 

"Then you wouldn't mind telling me."

 

"Fine," I sigh. "Jeno ask me out-"

 

"I knew it," He almost yells.

 

"Wait!" I stop him. "I told him I'm already dating someone."

 

"Oh," Mark sit back down and scratch his head. "What about the hugging?"

 

"He just wants a hug," I shrugged. "Besides I have a plan to get him and Jaemin together."

 

"Why?" Mark said as he slurps on the spaghetti in his three cheese Italian Tour. "I hare him, I want him to be miserable."

 

"Because I feel like a good person and from what I heard, Jeno has a soft spot for Jaemin," I whisper as if someone is spying on us. "If I get them together, maybe the teamwork gets better and you guys might win a game."

 

Mark look like a deer got caught in headlights. While Coach Jongin helps me get in the costume, he told why no one wants to be their mascot. It's because they haven't won a single game this year and no one wants the job on a losing team. I made it my mission to get the team together. From my observation, the only thing the team at is teamwork. 

 

"Really?" Mark look confused, but cutely. "How are we gonna fix the teamwork?"

 

"It seems to me that Jeno and Jaemin are ones of the best player on the team, so they need to be more comfortable with each other, specially Jaemin," I explained. 

 

"What about me?" Mark pout. "Am I not the best?"

 

"Of course," I ruffle his hair. "You're the best."

 

The compliment hit the nail on the head. Mark was in a good mood for the rest of the dinner. We ate our foods and Mark pay again. I feel bad since he pays for last time too but I've got no choice since this place is really expensive. 

 

"Don't worry about it," Mark laugh as the limo pick us up. "Only the best for you."

 

"Yeah, but if people see it, they'll say I'm a gold digger," I sigh.

 

"You're not so who cares what they say," He scoops closer to me. "All that's matter is us."

 

Damn, Mark is nice and cute today. He has not done one erted thing at all today. Maybe he decided to be more serious now about this relationship. Oh my gosh, are the two of us in a relationship?

 

"What are you thinking about?" Mark lay his chin on my shoulder. 

 

"Nothing important," I smiled back.

 

Mark didn't push it. He is more mature now. My job will be easier from now on then. Just as that thought leaves me, I felt a hand on my . I look over to see Mark having the ert face and his hand is on my . 

 

"ert!" I push him away. "I thought you change. Where is the cute Mark from early?"

 

"There's only one Mark," He grin. "It's just Mark on a different level of hormone."

 

"Ewww, get away from me," I struggle out of his grasp but he hugs me too tight.

 

"There's like a war of hormone inside my head right now," Mark kiss my cheek. "I'm conflicted on whether to jump your bone or not."

 

"Remind me to never be alone with you while you're ," I scoff and push him away.

 

"Do you like cute Mark better?" He suddenly laid his head on my laps. "The Mark that's cheesy and make you feel special and give you butterflies stomach?"

 

"I wouldn't mind having that Mark around," I start playing with his hair. It's a habit now since I play with his hair a lot. 

 

"If you want the cute Mark," Mark smirk. "You'll have to deal with ert Mark as well."

 

We arrive at my house and I got off. Before I could say bye, Mark got out as well and order his driver home. I look at him like he's crazy when he pulled me toward my own house. In the corner of my eyes, I saw an expensive car in front of my house that I don't know. 

 

"Mom? Dad? I'm home," I call out to an empty house. 

 

"There's a note on the table," Mark pointed at the coffee table in the living room. 

 

I picked up the sticky note and read it. "Look like mom and dad have to stay in the hospital tonight to do one of those physical therapy session. I wonder if Seungkwan is home?"

 

"I wouldn't go to his room if I were you," Mark smirk and back hug me.

 

"Why?"

 

"The car in front is Mingyu's car," He answered. "I saw it in Taeyong's driveway a lot."

 

I don't believe Mark so I slowly creep upstairs. Seungkwan wouldn't bring home a guy when our parents aren't home. It's not that I don't trust Mingyu but Seungkwan never do something like this before. Taeyong's brother must have a big impact on my brother life.

 

"I wouldn't do that," Mark sings as I slowly open Seungkwan's room.

 

The first thing I notice is the smell. It weird and humid in the room. The second thing I notice is the sound. Seungkwan's voice filled the room but he sounds like a mixture of gasping and . The last thing I noticed was the visual. Mingyu is on top of Seungkwan. His tone tan body is a contrast to my brother slightly pale skin.

 

"SEUNGKWAN!!!" I yell.

 

Both of them quickly themselves and stare at me and Mark like deer in headlights. Seungkwan looks like he's about to break down. "It's not what it looks like."

 

"Oh yeah, what does it look like?" I raise an eyebrow. "From the look of it, you guys were having ."

 

"Can you guys wait outside for a bit?" My brother asks quietly. "It's embarrassing to talk without any clothes on."

 

Mark and I left his room and wait in the downstairs living room. He tries to calm me down by acting cute but I ignore him. What I saw in Seungkwan's room thoroughly upset me. It's not the fact that he's doing a thing while mom and dad are in the hospital but I'm mad because he has before telling me about his relationship. We're closer as brothers and he would tell me something like that.

 

Seungkwan walks downstairs with Mingyu following him. The tall guy left after kissing my brother cheek and wave bye to me and Mark. He got a scowl from me and a happy wave from Mark.

 

"Mingyu and I are in a serious relationship," Seungkwan began his case as he sat down across from me and Mark.

 

"And you never tell me?" I glare at him. People would think I'm the older brother in this situation.

 

"I was going to tell you but I've never got the chance," He defended himself.

 

"Whatever," I got up and pull Mark to my room. "Just make sure you're more cautious from now on, Dad doesn't need a reason to have a heart attack."

 

"Does that mean you approve?" Seungkwan looks at me happily.

 

"As long as he takes care of you and treats you nicely," I side glance at him. A small tiny smile curl on my lips. "I don't see a reason to break you apart."

 

We could hear Seungkwan celebrating by himself as we walk to my room. Mark still hold onto my hand. "You're a real er for romance, you know that?"

 

"That's why I like cute Mark better," I replied.

 

"It's a package deal," He shrugged as I handed him a pair of PJ. "I'm just glad I can sleep next to you tonight."

 

Mark change and I gave him an extra toothbrush. After the night routine, we both crawl onto my bed and got under the blanket. Luckily, homework was done at school so we don't have to worry about it. My eyelids start to drop and I start to drift into dreamland. The last thing I notice is Mark's warm body against mine and a pair of hands on my . I would've yelled at him but I'm just to tire to care. Feel kinda nice.


I figured out some plot lines for this fic and it will start the next chapter. Prepare yourself for a rollercoaster ride.

 

FIGHTING!!!