...That Date a Gamer

The One...

MARK

 

So I've been dating this guy for a few months and he's really sweet.

 

"Ohhhh! Eat my !"

 

Really sweet...

 

"Ohh, oh, I can feel that bean burrito... hoo..."

 

And have a really big d... dedication to fictional characters. In other words, he's a gamer. I mean, it's a bit challenging.

 

"Hey babe, can you scratch my elbow?"

 

But let's be real. Gamers are some of the best people to date. Afterall, they never leave the house so they can never cheat on you.

 

"My legs asleep, help please?"

 

 And they're really good with their hands. *Wink Wink*

 

"I bet I can kill this guy with my tongue."

 

Just imagine... Anyway, this is how to date a gamer. 


 

It's just a quiet Saturday and neither Donghyuck nor I was feeling like going out so we just stay at my house. Donghyuck had just finished his butler duties at my house so I kidnapped him to my room. I'm watching a movie on my TV while Donghyuck is playing his PC game with his friends online. We enjoyed each other company while doing our own things. Suddenly, I have the urge to go to the bathroom so I unwillingly untangle myself from Donghyuck and ran to the bathroom. 

 

"DONGHYUCK!!!"

 

My boyfriend ran into the bathroom with his giant headphone and game controller in his hand. "Yes? Hi!"

 

"Do you know why I'm upset with you right now?"

 

"No," He shook his head cutely.

 

"I told you a million to refill the roll of toilet paper when it is empty," I held up the empty paper roll. "And put the toilet seat back down."

 

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Donghyuck stared at me with a confused expression.

 

Step 1: Conflict resolution. Do it in a way that they understand.

 

"Donghyuck, when you don't refill the toilet paper, it's like you left me with no extra ammo, knowing I'm on my last bit of health," I said to him as his expression turned brighter. "And when you don't put the seat back down, it's like, no scope, wrecked pwned, exsanguinated? me, brah!"

 

Literally, I have no idea what those things mean in gamer's term. I had to write those things on my hand in order to remember them. However, it seemed to get my point across as Donghyuck nodded his head in an understanding tone. 

 

"I am so sorry," He apologized. "I did not mean to kill you. I will refill the toilet paper and put the seat down." 

 

"Thank you."

 

"Now if you excuse me, I have to go fire off some shots."

 

"Oh, are you gonna play while you are on the toilet seat again?"

 

"No, I had bean burrito again."

 

When Donghyuck got back from the bathroom, he jumped online again. this time, he set up a camera and a mic on his headphone. He must be playing with his friends. I peeked over his shoulder to find out he's chatting with Jeno and Renjun. They're video chatting over the game. 

 

"Alright, mic on, focuses good," Donghyuck talked to himself as he set the things up. "Hey, hey, we're playing the original Five Nights at Freddy today."

 

I saw Jeno's mouth but I couldn't hear anything so I'm guessing he's talking to Donghyuck over the video, then Renjun says something. I quickly grab another set of mic and headphone to plugged in Donghyuck's computer. Actually. it's mine but I never use it so I gave it to Donghyuck since he needed one for gaming. I just kept it in my room so he has to come over whenever he wants to use it.

 

"There's been a lot of sequels-"

 

"Hey babe, whatcha doing?" I spoke into the mic and attached myself onto Donghyuck's back.

 

"Nothing, you wouldn't let it," He answered as "12;00 am DAY 1" popped up on the screen. When it faded, the screen showed a dark room.

 

Step 2: Take interest in the game. It helped when you like what he liked. It improved the relationship and the two of you can be even closer together. Not to mention, we can spend time together. 

 

The screen change from dark room to camera screen, which showed some weird animal robots. "Oh my god, what are these cute little wooden people?"

 

"Ok, first off, they're not wooden, they're not people," Donghyuck explained with a sigh. "They're horrible animatronics filled with the soul of dead children, it's not a fun story."

 

"What do you mean-" The screen change again and it showed one of the wooden people staring right at the screen. I kinda screamed a little bit. "Oh, Donghyuck run!!!"

 

"I told you," He shrugged as I continuously gripping his shoulder. "You wouldn't like it."

 

"Oh, is this Fridays at Freddy? Is this Fridays at Freddy?"

 

"It's Five Nights, and yes."

 

"Oh my gosh, where is Freddy? Get him to help you, babe."

 

"We don't wanna know where Freddy is," Donghyuck looked at me sideway. "He doesn't help you, he only murders you."

 

"Oh, my gosh, what a bad host," I exclaimed. "Can't you find a star or something?"

 

"No, this is not Mario, we don't get to be invulnerable."

 

 "Where is Yoshi?"

 

Donghyuck suddenly groaned loudly and took off his headphone. "Go away. Out, out, out, out."

 

"At least it's the thought that count," I shrugged as Donghyuck pushes me to the other side of the room. "I hope you save Peach babe."

 

I went back to watching my show as Donghyuck played online. Once in a while, he flinched and scream a bit. The game must be different. Then he changed the game and said bye to Jeno and Renjun. Donghyuck reconnected his game controller again and laid down on the bed as he played. I spread out on the sea of bean bags as I watch TV. After a while, I got thirsty so I ask Donghyuck if he can go get me some milk and cookies.

 

I waited for a bit and he came back with the cookies. His eyes were attached to the laptop screen and he walked back to the bed. Donghyuck laid parallel to the laptop and his legs formed a triangular shape.

 

"Hey Hyuckkie baby, did you get the milk?"

 

"Yeah," He answered with the most uninterested tone ever. He didn't even look away from the laptop's screen. 

 

"Babe?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Donghyuck?"

 

"Uh-huh."

 

"Are you listening?"

 

"I sure did," Still uninterested. His hands are still pushing the buttons and his eyes glued to the screen. 

 

I had enough so I said. "I cheated on you."

 

"Cool."

 

"Yeah, and I'm pregnant with his child."

 

"Aw, I'm sorry."

 

"It was Naruto."

 

"Heh, nice."

 

"Yeah, his accent . And his legs aren't weird and bendy like yours."

 

"Yeah."

 

Step 3: Communicate effectively. Find a way to get your words across to the person when he doesn't listen to you verbally. I groan in annoyance and I walk back tot he sea of bean bags. I got out my other laptop and log on. Then, I turn on the mic on the headphone. "DONGHYUCK!"

 

"Oh! Hey, baby, what are you doing here?" He was referring to the fact I am in the same game he is. "Are you home yet?"

 

"I need you to get the milk!" I yell into the mic and then slam the laptop shut.

 

"Ok," He said sorrily and turn his game off. Donghyuck went over to me to kiss my cheek before scurrying away out the door to get the milk.

 

Step 4: Always make time for romance.

 

I managed to light up some candles by the time Donghyuck come back to the room with the milk. He walked into the sea of bean bags and sat down next to me. I know I sound like a needy boyfriend but we need to make some time with each other so I set up the video game on the TV screen. He can play his game and I can cuddle with him. 

 

"Hyuckkie, can you give me a massage?" I pouted cutely.

 

"Of course," He answered and got behind me. 

 

"Thank babe."

 

"You got it."

 

I'm laying on my stomach and Donghyuck is seating on my . He's using his elbow to press into my back as his hands are still playing the game. I might as well watch him playing as I get the massage. Donghyuck is not applying enough pressure on one spot on my back though.

 

"Press down," I said.

 

"I can't, I'll fall off the cliff," He replied.

 

"I meant on my back," I chuckle a bit.

 

"Oh..."

 

"And go left."

 

"Here?"

 

"No. In the game, you are about to die," I pointed to the screen. 

 

An explosion sound through the sound system, followed by Donghyuck's shout in frustration. He looked like he's about to cuss but hold himself back. Now it seemed like he's applying too much pressure on my back as his elbow pressed down harder.

 

"Frick! That level took a long time," He exclaimed.

 

I swallowed the painful groaning.

 

After the painful experience, I got hungry so I went downstair to some foods. There's nothing I like in the fridge so I skipped back upstair. 

 

"So, you wanna to leave the house right now?" I asked as I got the door. Donghyuck is restarting his game.

 

"Uh, that sound stressful."

 

"M'kay, what about dinner?"

 

"Why, are we out of pizza rolls?"

 

Step 5: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

 

I sighed and planted myself next to him. "Can I play with you then?"

 

"Sure," He shrugged.

 

Donghyuck some kind of shooting game. Everything is in HD and every character is in armors. "So, I press this button to move?"

 

"Yeah," Donghyuck looked at me skeptically. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

 

"Well, seem pretty simple, to be honest," I smiled slightly without teeth.

 

"It's not that simple."

 

"I'm doing pretty good actually."

 

"Oh, wait, maybe-"

 

"Oh look at me, I'm, like, killing you!"

 

"Ok, yeah, ok, calm down a bit."

 

"Like, you're dying!"

 

"Hang on!"

 

"I am destroying you, this is easy."

 

"I'm going super easy on you."

 

"Oh my gosh, this is what you do all day?"

 

Step 5.1: Once you join 'em, beat 'em! With a couple more clicking and explosion happening on TV. 

 

"Boom, boom, boom, eat it!"

 

"Hey! Hang on!"

 

"Take it!"

 

"I need a do over-"

 

The whole screen ended in the game over when Donghyuck's character's head explode. I put down my controller with caution and looked over to Donghyuck. He had a disbelief look on his face with his mouth hanging open. His controller slipped out of his hands. I bit my lips together to prevent myself from laughing.

 

"So, dinner?" I asked.

 

"Sure."


 

I got the idea from Superwoman on YouTube again. It's been in my note to make a chapter for this anyway. I've planned this for a while lol. Anyway, this is also for helping girls/guys who are dating a gamer. It has the pro and con like any other kind of people. I like adding a sense of humor while giving out information. 

 

Anyway, love to read all your comments and looking forward to more. I know this chapter isn't very drama filled. Like I said, I love to make you guys feel different emotions for every different chapter. Just so you know, there's a reason why every chapter is so different from each other and doesn't follow a straight storyline.

 

Finally, I want to ask you guys a question. I'm currently watching Naruto Shippuden and Boruto the Next Generation. I love ninjas and similar shounen. My question is should I make a ninja au? Markhyuck would be the center of the storyline of course. I'm trying to come up with a  storyline for it and I kept on getting inspire every time I watch the anime. I asked because I already made a Fairy Tail au for Seventeen. I'm just afraid it may be too similar in the storyline. So what do you guy think? Should I make a Ninja au?

 

FIGHTING!!!