...That Prep for the Show

The One...

DONGHYUCK 

 

"So you scrap the Romeo&Juliet show?" Everyone ask the director of the Theater club.

 

"Yes, I think we can get more audience if we change the show into something that more... modern," The director answers.

 

The Theater club is meeting today to discuss the upcoming show we'll put on for the school. Rumor has it that scout from entertainment company might be there as well, although that doesn't matter to me. I thought I might quit the Theater club after a while but I have taken quite a liking to it. The only thing that kinda irks me is that Chenle and Jisung act like glue to me. Each of them is literally possessing one of my arms. 

 

"I wonder what show the director has in mind?" Chenle asks as he lay his head on my shoulder.

 

Just as Chenle finished talking, the director speaks up again. "I want something modern so I have to ask your ideas. Combine pop culture with any traditional stories."

 

As the director left us to the brainstorming, Chenle and Jisung wouldn't detach themselves from me. Mixing pop culture with traditional folktale might be easier say than done. I wonder what kind of show we can put up with that? 

 

"Hi Donghyuck," Jaemin pops out of nowhere. "Did you see the new members of the Theater club?"

 

"What are you doing here? And who's the new member?" I look around for new faces.

 

"Me," Jaemin throws up some peace signs. "I just join the Theater club."

 

"What?" I suddenly stood up. "What about the lacrosse team?"

 

"Season is over for us," He shrugged. "We lost at the semi-final so the season is done. Mark was a little unmotivated now that you are not our cute little mascot anymore."

 

"Aww, you make me feel bad for that," I pouted. "Glad to have you here, though. I didn't know you can act."

 

"Hey! I am a natural born actor," Jaemin puffs out his chest. 

 

"Hey you..."

 

I look around for the person who owns that voice and finds Mark walking into the amphitheater. A smile spread on my face as I see him walking toward me. He pulls me away from Chenle and Jisung's grip. Mark wraps his arms around my waist as he rests his chin on my shoulder. 

 

"I miss you," He kisses my cheek. The two sophomores gasp as they suddenly pull me out of Mark's hugging. "Hey!"

 

"Don't touch my Donghyuck with your dirty hand," Chenle yells.

 

"He's mine," Jisung corrects him.

 

Then, they went on a spiel arguing with each other. I took this opportunity to pull Mark and Jaemin away from the scene. We manage to escape to the backstage of the amphitheater. Mark kept on talking about how he want me back to be the team mascot. I thought I would go back too but I kinda fell in love with the theater.

 

"No, I would not allow it," Mark's angry pout. He looks like a child who didn't get a lollipop. "You are not allowed to fall in love with anything besides me."

 

"Ew," Jaemin gagged. "I'm gonna look around here before you guys give me a cavity."

 

After Jaemin lefts, Mark pulled me into a random room. Oh no, I recognized what room this is. Mark didn't look inside before pulling me in and push me against the door.

 

"I miss you," He kisses me right on the lips.

 

Usually, I would be hella turn on by this but we aren't the only one in the room. I froze as I saw what's behind him off but Mark is oblivious to it. We aren't alone because I could see a bunch of girls behind Mark. This is the girl dressing room. Most of the girls in the theater club is here, including Mark's ex, Sonna.

 

"What's wrong?" Mark pulls away when I didn't kiss him back. He looks around and saw the audience of girls who watch us with intensity. "Oh..."

 

"Please keep going," One of them said innocently.

 

"Never thought to see my ex-boyfriend making out with his boyfriend is this hot," Sonna fan herself. I finally notice the Beyoncé music playing from the speaker on the makeup table.

 

'Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it

 

"Mark, you idiot," I ran out the room in embarrassment.

 

Mark was following behind me and was laughing when Chenle and Jisung appear again. They both koala hug me and glared at Mark. "Don't worry Hyuckkie, I'll take you away from the bad man."

 

"Hyuckkie?" Mark raises an eyebrow. "Only I get to call him that."

 

"Go away," Chenle pulls me away from Mark and toward the rows of seats in the amphitheater. "Don't worry, I'll be your Prince Charming."

 

"Prince Charming?" I asked. "Where is that from?"

 

"It's Cinderella," The younger Chinese boy sat me down on a seat and sat directly on my lap. He left no space for Jisung, who is pouting, at all. "You're Cinderella and I'm your Prince Charming."

 

"Chenle, go away," Jisung yells and tries to pry the said boy away from me. Once again, they got into another argument. Sometimes, it feels like if I hadn't stepped into the picture, the two of them wouldn't have more reasons to fight with each other. "I wanna be his Prince Charming."

 

I just sat there and do nothing. Everyone from the club is either cleaning the amphitheater or just chatting with their friends about the new show idea. The director gave us permission to come up with the new idea but it's harder than it seems. It also doesn't help with Mark here to distract me and Chenle and Jisung's continuous fighting. I really can't believe they're fighting over who get to be my Prince Charming, although I've already got one. I couldn't think straight right now I might as well listen to some good music and brainstorm. My music is one shuffle and the first song is from Katy Perry. 

 

Kiss me, k-k-kiss me
Infect me with your love and fill me with your poison
Take me, t-t-take me
Wanna be a victim, ready for abduction
Boy, you're an alien, your touch so foreign
It's supernatural, extraterrestrial

 

even though I could barely understand the English lyric, I could get the simple meaning. A person who composes it just describing how her lover makes her feel like she is out of this world. It is extraterrestrial, just like how Mark makes me feel. The feeling is extra special and extra indescribable, like you, are soaring through the night skill to Neverland, living the teenage dream.

 

...

 

...

 

"Holy-" I suddenly stood up and almost cursed. "Mark!"

 

"Yes, my honey?" Mark popped out of nowhere. 

 

"Pen and paper?"

 

"Yes, my honey," He pulls them out of nowhere.

 

I immediately took it and scribble down my idea. My fingers got cramp as I furiously write down my thought. Ideas keep on popping up as I stare at the words. Like literally, I couldn't stop. Mark is next to me, providing more and more paper. It's like he pulls those paper out of his really nice .

 

"Done," I put down the pen. "I got the basic summarizations."

 

"About what?" Mark back hugged me.

 

"I might just have written the script for the play the director wanted," I excitedly gather everything and ran to the director office. "Cinderoncé and Perry Pan."


 

MARK

 

I stare at Donghuck fondly as he talks in front of everyone in the theater club. It's been a couple of days after he proposed the musical ideas. The director approved enthusiastically and put Donghyuck in charge of showing everyone the musicals. They're in the middle of picking casts after spreading the words that the theater club is looking for casts. Oh, and since you were wondering, I just stay in the amphitheater for Donghyuck even though I'm not an official member of the club. I couldn't bear to leave my baby alone with the hormonal sophomore, aka Chenle and Jisung. Even at this moment, they're fighting. What are they? 12?

 

"Anyone who want to be in the cast, sign your name under the character you want, gender doesn't matter," Donghyuck places some papers on the table. "Whoever want to do the behind the scene work sign up over there."

 

Surprisingly, there are some people who want to do the behind the scene work. I thought most people would want to be in the show instead of doing the background works. Jaemin signs up for the cast as well as my honey, Donghyuck. I feel like I should just sign up as well to just spend more time with him. 

 

"Are you gonna be on the show too?" Jeno sat down next to me. He must have come because of Jaemin. "There are some non-members audition."

 

"I want to but what role would I play?" I shrug.

 

"Doesn't the Cinderella have a prince and a girl kiss at the end?" Jeno leans back on the cushion seat. "Imagine Donghyuck is the girl-"

 

"OUT OF MY WAY!!!" I sprint toward the sign-up table. 

 

After the sign-ups are done, the director starts the audition. All it took is singing a song from the role, which is either a Beyoncé song or Katy Perry song. A lot of the people auditioning are talents and fit perfectly for their wanted role. However, I went all out for my role as the prince. I will do everything in my power to be the prince as I am one hundred percent sure that Donghyuck will be my princess. And yes, if you were wondering, I want to kiss Donghuck in front of everyone. 

 

"Ok, anyone else?" The director looks around the amphitheater with the sign-up paper in hand. "Well then, since we are done. I will console with some of the senior students about the cast."

 

Everyone waited while the decision is made in the director office. I try to find my Hyuckkie and of course when I did, those two kids stick to him like glue. It's starting to irk me a little bit. However, I was surprised to find the new foreign student standing near Donghyuck. His name was Renjun I believed. He must be either lost or he wants to be in the play. I creep up behind him and tap his shoulder.

 

"Yo, what are you doing here?" I ask. 

 

"I-I'm lost and I found D-Donghuck," He timidly step closer to Donghyuck, who finally notice me.

 

"Oh hey Mark, you did great for the audition but how come you didn't tell me you want to be in the play?" 

 

"I want to surprise you?" It came out like a question rather than an answer. I couldn't possibly tell him I join because I wanna taste his lips. I mean, I could get it anytime I want. The perk of being Donghyuck's boyfriend/ his boss. "It doesn't matter, you audition for the role of the princess in Cinderoncé right?"

 

"Uh? Oh no, I want the role as Peter Pan in Perry Pan," My boyfriend answer. "Renjun, why don't you be one of the behind the scene worker? I can keep an eye on you and help too."

 

"O-Ok," Renjun latch on to Donghyuck's left arm. 

 

I thought I would be mad at that action, seeing how I'm still pissed that Chenle and JIsung hang on my boyfriend like koalas, but I'm not mad at Renjun since he looks like a lost child like that. However, I am a little mad that Donghyuck brushes me off to the side. Lastly, I'm even more mad that Donghyuck isn't the princess. Now I have no reason to be the prince. I quickly run to the director office but he exits the office by the time I'm halfway there.

 

"Alright, we will tell you the cast of the Perry Pan first," The director read the list of the characters and who will play them. Then, he moved on to Cinderoncé characters. I mentally facepalm myself. Things could be more awkward.


 

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! And Happy Chinese New Year! Three holidays had passed since I've updated. I apologize. Ideas keep popping up in my head but I couldn't find myself time to update. Cinderoncé and Perry Pan are actual musical, you can look it up on YouTube so you can get an idea of what's going through my head. I swear you will enjoy it. Anyway, I hope you like this poorly written chapter. I'll try to be funny next chapter. Place your guess on what role each character play in the play in the comment below. Hope you guys have an awesome morning, evening, or night, wherever you are.

 

FIGHTING!!!