...Who Got Hit By Suprise

The One...

DONGHYUCK 

 

"The tea leave should be in the cup and then you pour the hot water in," The head maid explains.

 

I did every step as instructed. She thinks it's beneficial for me to learn more about tea making since I'll help me serve Mark better. For the past days, I've been learning how to bake and make tea just because of Mark. The head maid didn't say it but I know Mark order her to teach me.

 

"Then make sure the tea is kept at room temperature or else the taste will deteriorate," The head maid finish explaining. "Now give the young Master his afternoon tea and snack."

 

"Yes ma'am," I carry the tray upstair and knock on Mark's door. "I'm coming in."

 

I walk into the gigantic room and found Mark talking on the phone. Because I didn't want to disturb him, I just set down the tray and leave. Strangely enough, Mark held onto my wrist as I try to leave.

 

"Alright Taeyong, I'll bring Donghyuck, you happy?" He winks at me and pulls me close to him. "Yes, he's right here. Say hi."

 

"HI DONGHYUCK!!!" Taeyong yell over the speaker.

 

"Hi, Taeyong hyung," I replied, less enthusiastic. "I don't think I can go to whatever it is you are having, sorry."

 

"Awww why? I promise it's not some fancy dinner party," Taeyong plead. "Just some guys hanging out at my house and eat junk foods while drinking Diet Coke."

 

"I don't know, I-"

 

"Just go," Mark whispers close to my ear. It sends me chills down my spine. "I want you there."

 

"I-I guess I could d-drop by," I want to kick myself for stuttering. 

 

"That's great Donghyuck," Taeyong cheer happily over the phone. "I see you later then."

 

"Bye," I replied to Taeyong and Mark hang up. "I am not going."

 

"Look at us bickering," He smirked. "We're like a couple."

 

"We are not a couple," I protest. "And I'm not going."

 

Suddenly, I find myself against the wall with Mark extremely close to my face. He has one arm against the wall next to my head and stares straight at me. "I want you to go and you know I get what I want."

 

"B-But I don't want to go," I mentally kick myself again. "You can't make me."

 

"Fine," He shrugged and pull away from me. My heartbeat slows down a bit now. "Then I won't go. The next time you see Taeyong, you'll gonna have to explain to him why we didn't go."

 

"Why don't you explain to him?"

 

"Ok, sure," Mark smirk. "I'll say we did it on my bed and you were too sore to walk so we cuddle at home."

 

"Fine fine. I'll go," I gave up. This guy is way too manipulative. I know he will tell Taeyong that too. "You know this is kind of like blackmailing."

 

"Not really," Mark walks into his walk-in closet. "More like persuading. Wear this."

 

He threw his really expensive shirt at me. "No way, what if I get it dirty? I can't pay for this."

 

"No worries," He threw a pair of khakis at me. "I could just buy another one. There's only one way for you to get it dirty and I don't think we are gonna go that far tonight, baby."


 

After dirty comments were made, the two of us finally got dressed in Mark's clothes. He makes me leave my "old" clothes in his laundry basket so the maid can do laundry. I feel bad for making someone wash my clothes but Mark didn't leave me with much of a choice when he pulls me out the door. The jerk got his on the driver, who drop us off at Taeyong's house/mansion. I wonder if I fit in with them because obviously, my status isn't as high as Mark and his friends. I prefer staying home or hang out with my friends, who are more down-to-earth and less high maintenance.

 

"We're here," Mark announced when we step through the gate.

 

"Watch out!!!"

 

I look up and saw a tennis ball heading right at me. This is gonna hurt like hell. Suddenly, I feel like someone hugging and the force from the tennis ball never come. I open my eyes to see Mark's face in pain. The jerk just got hit in the head because of me. His action shocks me because he didn't have to do that and his head is more important than mine.

 

"Ouch," He held his head with one hand and still holding me with the other. "Geez, the things I would do for you."

 

"Are you ok?" I cup his face. When I reach behind his head to check for a bump, he winces a bit. "There's a big bump in the back. Whoever it is got a mean smash."

 

"Sorry sorry sorry," Taeil run up to us. He's holding a tennis racket and is in light clothes. Behind him, Ten and Yuta are also in similar clothes, except different colors. "Are you ok, Mark?"

 

"It's fine," He replied.

 

"It is not fine, you got a bump," I yell at him.

 

"Why do you care so much?" Mark smirks annoyingly.

 

"Because you're my boyfriend," I blur out.

 

It took me a minute or two to realize what I just say. Instead of just mentally kicking myself, I beat my mental self up, throw him around a bit, and knock him out. Most of all, I regret saying that because all of Mark's friends did one of two things. Squeals like fangirls or cooed at me. However, Mark just looks at me with a smug expression. He smirks like he just plotted something evil. FML...

 

"Well, take care of me then," He jumps on me and whispers into my ear lowly. "We are so gonna talk about this later."

 

Everyone leads us into Taeyong's mansion. I have to carry Mark the whole way because he complains that the pain got him light-headed and he can't walk. Before I could set him down on the couch in the living room, he dares to kiss my ear.

 

"Here you go," Taeyong handed me the first-aid kit. "We'll wait outside. Come out when you guys are done."

 

I push Mark's head down toward his knee as I rub medical oil on his bump. Without even looking, I know Mark is still wearing that smirk on his face so I purposely rub the bump harder than necessary.

 

"Ow," He cried. "Baby, if you're into stuff, just tell me."

 

"Alright, that's it," I push the bump down even more.

 

"Ow ow ow, ok ok, I'm sorry, I'll shut up."

 

He did shut up. I could finally finish the job in peace. When the bump is less visible, I put the medical oil back into the first-aid kit and close the box. Mark just sat there, looking at me as if waiting for something.

 

"What?"

 

"Are we gonna talk about it?"

 

"No, we are not," I place the box back to where Taeyong got it from.

 

"You know I won't forget this," He his lips.

 

"I'm flatter," I said sarcastically.

 

"Let's ditch and go on another date," He suggested. "It was a success last time."

 

"No," I deadpanned.

 

"I thought you didn't want to come here," He teases. 

 

"I change my mind. Comparing to going on a date with you, I prefer hanging out with your friends."

 

I walk out into the backyard and Mark follow me close behind. He tries to hold my hand but I just pull it away from him. However, he didn't give up and just kept on trying to catch my hand. If he doesn't stop, he will catch these hand.

 

"The couple is back," Ten announce. "You ok, dude?"

 

"Hyuckkie was gentle on my head," Mark smile like a normal person. "He touches all the right spot."

 

I realize the dirty undertone and kick him. Mark just laugh it off and high five Ten. Everyone is still playing tennis so we have to participate as well. Taeyong gave us a change of clothes. While Mark just changes out in the opening in his boxer, I ran a bathroom inside the mansion to change. 

 

"Of course, I don't want you guys to see my boyfriend ," I heard when I got back to the backyard. "That's a sight for me only."

 

I march up to him and step on his feet. "Don't about me behind my back."

 

"Ow, you are today," That earns him another kick in the shin. "Alright, enough with the violence. Who's next?"

 

"Taeil and Yuta have been playing for a while and they need a breather," Taeyong picked up his racket. "Why don't you and Donghyuck play against me and Ten?"
 

"I don't know how to play," I pointed out as Mark hands me a racket. 

 

"No worries just hit the ball and don't get hit," He explained.

 

Taeyong serves it to Mark, who returns it easily. When Ten smash the ball at me, I panic and smack the ball right to the net. "Sorry sorry sorry."

 

"It's fine," Mark walk up behind me. "Swing it like this."

 

He stood behind me and held the racket over my hands. Then when he told to swing it, Mark guides my whole movement. Before he moves away, Mark places a quick peck on my cheek. I could have sworn I saw Yuta giving a thumb up to Mark in the corner of my eyes. I might have like that guy less now.

 

"Ready, Donghyuck?" Taeyong calls out. When I nodded, he threw the ball up and serve it to me. 

 

Luckily, I just follow what Mark taught me and return the ball to Ten. It wasn't a perfect swing but at least I got it back to the other side of the court. Ten hits toward me again but it went way to quick.

 

"Duck!" 

 

I panic and duck. Mark smash the ball back with full force. It went flying toward the ground like a fireball and bounce high, out of the tennis court.

 

"Geez, I should stop playing tennis," Ten rest his racket on his shoulder. "It becomes pretty hazardous for me."

 

"Or we all need to chill a bit," Taeyong walks out of the court and set down his ratchet. "Lemonade?"

 

We all put our ratchet down and pick up a glass of lemonade. However, there isn't enough. Everyone had one except for me. Mark handed me his drink and since I was so thirsty, I accept it without complaining. Am I hallucinating or did Taeyong just smirk?

 

"Let just go inside for video game," Taeil suggested. "It's getting a bit hot out here."

 

"Alright, let move this party indoor," Taeyong acts like a general and march inside with everyone following him. "I got Pokken tournament, Smash Bros., and Mortal Combat. Which one you want?"

 

"Pokken Tournament," Yuta yells out.

 

"Pokken it is," Taeyong shrugged and tun on his Wii U. Everyone cool down and start playing. 

 

We play the same game for a good two hours and somehow Yuta manages to beat everyone twice without losing once. While I sit back and watch them playing, Mark sat next to me with his arm around me. I was too exhausted from the tennis game and the video game, I just don't care anymore. Suddenly, a tall and good-looking guy walks in the room.

 

"Hey Taeyong, is mom and dad home yet?" The new guy asks. He must be Taeyong's brother or something.

 

"Nope, they had a late meeting and they'll have to stay overnight," Taeyong answer without looking away from the TV. "The maids are making dinner right now, so we're gonna eat it a little bit."

 

"Ok," The guy left.

 

"Wow, is that your brother?" Ten keep on staring. "He's hot."

 

"First of all, yes, he is my brother," Taeyong elbow Ten. "His name is Mingyu and second of all, he has a boyfriend already."

 

"Damn it, all the hot studs are taken," Ten slams his face on the pillow.

 

"What are we? Roaches?"

 

I and Mark were laughing at Ten's problem when I suddenly had the urge to pee. When I finally unwrap Mark's arm from me, much to his protest, I excuse myself to the bathroom. Since I use it earlier, I had no trouble finding it again. This time, Mingyu stood by the door and is talking on the phone. He didn't notice me so I just walk past him to do my business in the bathroom.

 

"No no, it's ok babe," I heard Mingyu as I was washing my hand. "I understand, your dad medicine got to mix up and you have to go back to the pharmacy. It's ok, we'll hang out next time."

 

I didn't want to eavesdrop so I just open the bathroom door and leave. Mingyu hung up the phone just as I walk past him again. He looks at me and a look of confusion appears on his face. 

 

"Do I have something on my face?" I ask politely. Mother always said to be polite to new people just in case they turn out to be your future boss or something.

 

"No, it's just you look familiar," Mingyu replied. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he ran off upstairs while making another phone call. Weird guy.

 

When I got back to Taeyong's living room, a loud cheer exploded in my face. I look at the TV screens to see Taeyong finally beating Yuta. I guess that's an accomplishment. Then I notice the clock behind the TV. It's kinda late for me so I ask Mark to take me home. He pouted and said he wants to stay, so he calls his driver to take me home.

 

"I'm home," I walk into my house. 

 

"Hey honey, dinner's about to be ready, grab a seat," My mom yells from the kitchen.

 

The dining table was already set up so I just help bring out the tea. After I change into my house clothes, I saw my brother, Seungkwan, pushing my dad into the house. It seems like they just go back from something. Seungkwan saw me and wave awkwardly. What's up with him? While Mom swirls around the kitchen, I help her by cutting up the vegetable and chat with her casually. She told me grandma called today to ask about Dad's condition. They are always awkward with each other. Grandma also told her that she and my twin brother are doing fine as well. 

 

"Dinner is ready," Mom set the soup down onto the middle of the table. "We have wonton soup and bok choy stir fry today, I know it isn't much but-"

 

"It's delicious honey," My dad cut her off. "Come sit down, let eat."

 

We eat in a comfortable quiet mood until Mom speaks up. "Oh Seungkwan, did you get that little mix-up at the pharmacy settle?"

 

"What mix-up?" I ask.

 

Before Seungkwan could answer, my dad jump in. "They got my medicine wrong today and Seungkwan just drove me back there to get the right one."

 

This sound familiar... Oh hell no!!!


 

Please don't hate for bringing a little Seventeen into this, I couldn't help myself. I need a storyline somewhere and this is what I came up with. Don't worry, the focus will still be on Donghyuck and Mark. Comments and tell me what you think.

 

FIGHTING!!!