...With the Wild Thoughts

The One...

MARK

 

It’s lunchtime for Donghyuck and I as we made our through the hallway to the cafeteria. Today is great so far because I managed to prevent both Jisung and Chenle from seeing Donghyuck. Call me jealous but I don’t like having immature children around my Hyuckkie unless those children are our own. *wink wink*

 

”What do you want to eat today, babe?” I ask.

 

”Do they have soba noodles today?” Donghyuck went on his tiptoe to see above everyone in front of us.

 

”I think so,” I also went on my tiptoe. “Why do you scout out the hyungs and I’ll get the foods?”

 

”Ok, how much is it?”

 

”I got it.”

 

”Mark, you paid for so many things already.”

 

”It’s ok.”

 

”No, it’s not. How much?”

 

"It's 5 dollars."

 

Donghyuck reached into his bag and pull out his wallet. He handed me a five dollar bill and ran away to find the hyungs. When it was my turn to get the food, I paid with my own money and walked out of the line. After looking around a bit, I found them and Donghyuck's adorable bundle of hair. I immediately walk over to the table and plant myself down next to Donghyuck. Without letting Donghyuck know, I slip the five dollar bill back to Donghyuck's bag. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

 

"So what's your plan for the show?" Taeyong hyung asked as he eats his sushi.

 

"We just have a mix of everything," Donghyuck explained. "There are dancing acts, stand-up comedy, and a lot of singing."

 

"Are you gonna sing?" Ten hyung jumps in.

 

"I am," My boyfriend answers. 

 

"What song?"

 

"That's a secret," Donghyuck held a finger to his lips. Suddenly, his phone rang and he got up to take it. 

 

"What are you gonna do for the show?" The hyungs turned to me, who is halfway swallowing my noodle.

 

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I'll think about it when we get to that point."

 

"Hey Mark, Donghyuck looks a little distress," Ten hyung pointed to Donghyuck.

 

My boyfriend's expression changes multiple times. It went from happy to laughing to sudden shock. I was too engrossed in watching him that I didn't notice that he walked toward our table. When I finally snapped out of it, Donghyuck is grabbing his jacket and starts to leave. I managed to catch up with him, which was strange since I was taller than him. 

 

"Baby, you ok?" 

 

"I got to go, Mark," He told me, almost out of breath. "Can you tell the teacher it's an emergency?"

 

"Did something happen?" I asked.

 

"Something is wrong with my dad. I was talking to him while he was leaving the hospital after his check-up and suddenly, I heard my mom yelling in the background and a thud on the floor."

 

Donghyuck is hyperventilating. He's scare right now. I quickly stop him by holding onto his shoulders and tell him to inhale and exhale slowly. "Everything will be fine. Calm down first. If he collapsed, then there will definitely be nurses and doctors around to treat him immediately."

 

"Yeah, you right."

 

"Come on. I'll call my chauffeur to drive you to the hospital."

 

After a couple of minutes, my chauffeur arrives and I explain the situation to him. He agrees to drive Donghyuck to the hospital and they left. I told Donghyuck to call or text me if something happens. By the time, the car disappears into the distance. The bell rang so I have to go back to my class. Of course, I couldn't pay attention tot he lesson because my mind is worried about Donghyuck and his dad. If something happens to his dad, then my baby would be really sad and I don't want to see that. There wouldn't be anything I can do for him. Money won't be able to cure his sadness or bring his dad back. 

 

"Hey Mark," Jaemin whispered to me. "Mr. Do is asking you something."

 

"What?" I looked up and saw the whole class staring at me. "I'm sorry. Can you repeat that?"

 

"What's the answer for this problem, Mark?" Mr. Do pointed at the math equation on the board. 

 

I wasn't paying attention the whole class so I couldn't figure out how to solve that equation. I pretend to write down something to buy myself more time to mentally solve the problem but I couldn't. There isn't anything I can do to solve the problem. I feel lost and helpless, especially with the whole class staring at me expectantly. It feels like the wall is closing in on me and I panic a bit. 

 

"It's 127, sir," Renjun raised his hand and answered the question. 

 

"Thank you Renjun," Mr. Do replied. "But next time, please let Mark answers."

 

"Sorry," He answered back.

 

We went back to the lesson and I went back to my own head. Luckily, it wasn't much longer until the class time is over. My mind played out different scenarios with what's going to happen to Donghyuck and my eff up head didn't have any good scenarios. Fortunately enough, I received a message from Donghyuck that ease my mind.

 

From My Baby:

Dad is fine. 

 

To My Baby:

Good, you go home. School is over anyway.

 

From My Baby:

Can u come over? 

 

To My Baby:

Of course ;)

 

From My Baby:

I need notes from the class I miss.

 

To My Baby:

Is that the only thing you miss? *Wink emoji*

 

From My Baby:

Yes

 

I pouted a little when I read the text. Donghyuck is back to his savage way. I still love him anyway and I'll show it to him when I get to his house. We are gonna cuddle all afternoon. What were you thinking, ya nasty? I ran out of class and call up my chauffeur and told him to get me to Donghyuck's house. By the time I got there, I can see a fancy car in the driveway. I know it doesn't belong to donghyuck's family since it was a really fancy sports car. The kind of car really rich people drove. After taking a selfie right next to the car, I walked to the front door and knocked. 

 

"Hyuckkie, you home yet?" I knocked on the door. After waiting for a split second, I press my ear to the door to listen inside. 

 

"Oh my god, Mingyu!"

 

"Shut up, I know, you don't have to yell."

 

"Help me clean it up!"

 

My mind went to the gutter. It explains the fancy sports car, which belongs to Mingyu, Taeyong's brother. That was Donghyuck's voice and Mingyu's voice. What the hell are they doing in there? I was so engrossed in my thought that I didn't notice that water is leaking out from under the door. When the wetness seeps into my sock, I finally snap out of my thought.

 

"Oh damn!" I cuss.

 

"Mark, is that you?" Donghyuck's voice came from the other side of the door.

 

"Yeah," I answer thoughtlessly. I'm supposed to snoop around to see if Donghyuck is really doing what I thought he's doing.

 

My thought completely went blank when Donghyuck opens the door and reveal. himself. From head to toe, my baby is wet and covers with water. To make matter worse, he's wearing a white tank top. My imagination went from 0 to 100 really quick. 

 

"Seungkwan, bring more towels!!!" I heard in the background and saw Mingyu running toward the back and Donghyuck's brother, Seungkwan, running toward him with a pile of towels. 

 

"What happen?" I asked as I step away from the water.

 

"Our kitchen pipe broke," He told me.

 

"Oh," I replied in shock. Donghyuck looks like he needs help. Maybe this is my chance to prove to him, and possibly his brother, that I have the power to take care of him. "I can help you fix it."

 

"You know how to fix a broken pipe?" Donghyuck asks me in shock.

 

"No, but I can pay someone to fix it."


 

After the guy came and fix the pipe, I paid him and thank him for coming on such short notice. Donghyuck and Seungkwan refused to let me pay but they got quiet after seeing the bill. Since it was on such short notice and the guy usually work for rich people, the bill was pretty high. Of course, Mingyu could have pay but I want to show off to Donghyuck a little bit. 

 

"I'll pay you back someday," Donghyuck told me while we mopped the wet floor. Luckily, nothing that important got damage from the water. "I promise."

 

"It's ok, consider it an early birthday gift."

 

"But that much money is too generous. Maybe you can take it out on my paycheck for working at your family mansion."

 

I thought about it for a second and a lightbulb lights up. "How about you do this one thing for me and I'll consider all debt pay for?"

 

"What is it?"

 

I tap my pointer finger on my left cheek. Donghyuck's face blushes a bit. Sure, we have kissed before but I never miss the chance to get any kisses from Donghyuck, especially the one that he has to initiate. I waited for the great feeling on his lips on me but I feel his hands grabbing my face instead. He pulls me toward him and kisses my lips instead. No idiots in the world would stop this or dare to stop it for me. Soft, plum, and delicious. 

 

"Stop flirting and more cleaning!!!" The only person that would is my future brother-in-law.

 

"Can't we continue later?"

 

"Sure..."

 

We went back to cleaning but I would occasionally smile to myself or touch my lips. It's like the first time every time. Damn, I'm so cheesy today. 

 

By the time we got everything clean, it was pretty late in the afternoon. Mingyu had to go run some errands for his parents so he lefts after we finished. Seungkwan made us some appetizers while we waited for him to make dinner for us. Being great at cooking sure run in the family gene because Seungkwan makes great hors d'oeuvres. I have tasted Donghyuck's cookies before so I knew he's also good at cooking, at least above average. It makes me imagine him being my housewife, cooking for me after I came home from work. 

 

"Mark? What are you smiling at?" Donghyuck waved his hand in front of me.

 

"Waifu for life-fu," I suddenly hugged him. 

 

"Ew, get off of me," He pushed me away but when I didn't let go, he stopped.

 

We stay like that at the kitchen island while Seungkwan walked around to cook. Occasionally, he would add some input into the subject Donghyuck and I was talking about, like college, the school show, and life in general. Suddenly, Donghyuck's phone rang. He answered it but the voice from the other side made him smile so wide that I felt slightly jealous. I've never seen that smile before. It was filled with joy and happiness that it basically radiating off of Donghyuck. There's a hint of softness and endearment in it. Donghyuck got up and left the room.

 

"Who could that be?" I asked bitterly.

 

"Jealous bug," Seungkwan snickered to himself. "There's only one person in the whole world that can bring that smile to Donghyuck's face."

 

I watched Seungkwan from the kitchen for a while. He started to walk back to the kitchen, still talking on the phone. "I will tell Mom and dad you called. Please take care of yourself. I love you."

 

Now, I'm slightly hurt. We never say the mystical L word to each other but Donghyuck effortlessly says it to this mysterious person. "Who is that?"

 

Donghyuck just smiles at me. "Seungkwan, Grandma called. She said she missed us."

 

"Oh, why didn't you let me talk to her?" 

 

"She had to go," My baby answered. I didn't know that was his grandmother and all my jealousy disappear. "She has to go get medicine and rest. It's late for her."

 

"Right! Well, did she said anything else?"

 

"We are visiting her next week," Donghyuck said.

 

"Oh, I don't think I can," Seungkwan started pouring the soup into a bowl. "My midterms are next week. And I won't let you go by yourself."

 

"But-But-But-"

 

"No buts."

 

"I can go with Donghyuck!" I volunteer.

 

Both brothers look at me in surprise but their facial expression changes into different looks. For Donghyuck, he looks excited and happy but Seungkwan's expression is weird. Instead of the mad expression I expected, it's a raised eyebrow as if he asking if I'm sure about my choice. 

 

"We got a week off of school tomorrow so I don't see why not," I continued. "I'm sure my mom and dad won't mind. It's not like they'll notice."

 

"Yay! Thank you, Mark!" Donghyuck hugged me and kiss my cheek. That's two kisses in one day. I must be doing something right. "I'm gonna go call mom and dad and tell them. They'll be happy to hear that Grandma called."

 

Donghyuck lefts the kitchen again. I turned to Seungkwan, expecting an angry face for opposing his decision but I was met with a smirk. In the short time that I have known him, I've never seen Seungkwan smirk and it scares me a bit. His smirk looks sinister and evil like he knows something I don't. 

 

"What?"

 

"You'll regret your decision."

 

"Why? I'm just doing something that would make Donghyuck happy. Jealous I might steal your brother's heart?"

 

"Not at all," Seungkwan smirks with that evil look. "There's no heart to steal."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Let me ask you a question: How much do you know about Donghyuck?"

 

I open my mouth to answer but nothing come out. There's a lot about Donghyuck that I don't know. His favorite color, his favorite song, or his favorite foods. I only recently found out that he can write music. My answer has to come out in a shameful "Nothing..."

 

"Since he's already packing his suitcase, I won't stop him nor you from going to visit our grandmother in the countryside," Seungkwan got out the bowls and rice. "But let me warn you, Donghyuck is very popular back in our village."

 

"I'm still his number one," I'm still trying to defend myself.

 

"Listen, Mark, I don't hate you or anything. In fact, I like you with Donghyuck. You can take care of him but remember this well, you're not Donghyuck's number one. Not even number two but you're number three."

 

Three? Does that mean there are two guys in front of me?


 

Don't hate Seungkwan please, he's not the antagonist. In fact, comment below on who you think the antagonist is. The answer will not be clear until the time skip. The answer will surprise you. And yes, there will be a time skip but I will not tell you where. 

 

Anyway, who do you think the two mysterious guys will be? It's pretty easy to guess.

 

FIGHTING!!!