...With Two Rivals

The One...

MARK

 

Donghyuck and I stood by the bus stop to catch the bus that would take us to the train station. I told my parents about my week staying with Donghyuck's family. Although they were reluctant it at first, I was able to go with the promise to be safe. It's not like they won't send bodyguard after me. Knowing my mother's protectiveness, she probably already has people camp outside Donghyuc's old village. Anyway, Donghyuck looks absolutely adorable as he waited for the bus to come. Every since Seungkwan let him go back to their village home, Donghyuck had been smiling nonstop and always excited. I was also happy that he's happy but I also have an ulterior motive for coming along. At first, I just want to spend time with Donghyuck and be with him but every since Seungkwan told about two certain people, I become determined to find out who they are. 

 

"I'm so happy I get to see my grandma again," Donghyuck's voice broke me out of my thought. "I haven't seen her since... a long time. Wow, I don't even remember."

 

"I'm just glad I got to spend more time with you," I smiled and held his hand. 

 

"Aw, you're so sweet," Donghyuck looked at me weird. "Where my ert boyfriend and what have you done with him?"

 

"And he's back," I grabbed Donghyuck from behind and tried squeezed his right buttcheek. However, he managed to karate chop my hand away before I can squeeze anything. 

 

"No touchie in public and no touchie at my home village."

 

"Are you ashamed of me?" I joked but I wanted to ask Donghyuck seriously. I read enough to know that a lot of time, one of the two people in a gay relationship is hesitant to show affection in public due to social rules. I'm genuinely curious about how Donghyuck wants us to act in public. In private, I can him all I want and he will rarely say anything but we never discuss how we'll act in public. I just assume that I should act like friends. 

 

"I don't care what strangers think but I do care about how my family thinks," Donghyuck's facial expression changed into seriousness. "My grandma and I have avoided these kinds of conversation so let keep it that way."

 

"Ok."

 

The awkwardness that I felt didn't last for long because Donghyuck smiled again and the bus stop in front of us. We got on the bus with our suitcase and sat down on the fifth row from the driver position. Donghyuck sat in the window seat while I sat on the outer seat. Donghyuck his phone and play the game that Jaemin suggested to us the other day. I laid my chin on his left shoulder and watched him playing the game. 

 

"You should spell the golds on the Ultimate Weapon," I pointed out. "It gives your avatar a better chance of winning in the new dungeon."

 

"Yeah, but I need to save up for the cost of the pet," Donghyuck told me.

 

Our conversation continued for a while until the bus stop at the train station. Donghyuck and I got off and headed toward the station's gate. We bought two tickets to Donghyuck's home village. The train ride isn't as quiet as the bus ride. A family with three toddlers continuously cry because their parents won't give them what they want, mainly candies from the lady who's selling it on a trolley. A group of girls who sat two rows behind us wouldn't stop staring at us. Lastly, a pair of elderly women kept on whispering and staring at us but at least the seats on the train are nice. The trolley lady would often stop by our seat and ask if she can get anything for us. 

 

The ride is around two hours long and we got up pretty early, so we took turn having short naps. The group of girls kept on having some excuse to walk past us and sometime, they would squeal a little bit when they see us. We chose to ignore them after we asked them to not stare at us and they wouldn't stop. I tried to play the mobile game that Donghyuck was playing earlier while he slept on my shoulder. He was so cute sleeping that I had to take a selfie with him sleeping on my shoulder and made it my phone wallpaper.

 

"Next Stop, Kyung Station, all passengers getting off at this station, please be prepare to leave," The mechanical female's voice blur through the speakers. 

 

I gently tap Donghyuck's cheek to wake him up. When he stirred awake, the train slowed down to a stop at Kyung Station. The crowd started to get rowdy as people starting to file out of the train. Donghyuck and I stay in our seats until most people disappear out of the door. The girls were sad to leave but I was relieved. They were making me kinda uncomfortable with the staring and so does the elderly ladies. Luckily, the tension was relieved after I got off of the train and stretch my arms. My belly showed off a bit and Donghyuck pulled down my maroon sweater. We rolled our suitcase toward the exit.

 

"My grandma is picking us up," Donghyuck told me as we stood at the pick-up spot. "Apparently, she still has the super old convertible that my grandpa left behind."

 

"Wait, your grandpa passed away?"

 

"Yeah, around when I was four. I was a little too young to remember him much but I do remember that he always have candies in his pocket for me and my brothers."

 

Donghyuck and I chuckle at the trivial fact. "Is there anything else I should know before I met your grandma and other people?"

 

"Hmm, I have a brother that lives with my grandma and you'll gonna met him," Donghyuck sway back and forth on his feet. "The village has nicknames for me and my brothers. Seungkwan is First Brother, my other brother is Second Brother, and I'm Third Brother. I'm third because I'm the youngest, although I'm not much younger than Second Brother."

 

"I wonder if Second Brother looks more like you or more like Seungkwan."

 

"Definitely more like me, everyone said so. He and I had to stay back with my grandma when my parents moved to the city because they couldn't handle all the financial problems. However, when my parents finally got stable jobs and could take care of all of us, Second Brother decided to stay back because my grandma is too weak to do all the house chore and take care of herself."

 

"So you guys grew up away from each other?" I asked.

 

"Yep," Donghyuck nodded cutely. "He's really mischevious so be careful. He'll use his charm, words, and look to seduce you, seriously. Oh, grandma is here."

 

I look at Donghyuck in shock as to how he can so casually talk about his brother's character. However, I quickly recovered when a dusty baby blue convertible stops in front of us. The paint on the car is chipped but it gave a mature oldie vibe. It fits perfectly with the elderly woman who exits the car and ran to hug Donghyuck tightly. Donghyuck's grandma has black hair but there is gray hair on the side. She's wearing a floral summer dress that covered up to her collarbones and down to her ankles. Her feet is wearing a dull orange flip-flop. 

 

"Sweetie, you have grown up so much since the last time I saw you," Grandma pinches Donghyuck's cheeks. "And you brought a friend too."

 

"Hello ma'am, my name is Lee Mark," I bowed respectfully. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

 

"So polite," She also pinches my cheeks. "Put your suitcases in the trunk, you must be hungry right now."

 

We did as she commanded and got in the car. Donghyuck is riding shotgun while I sat in the back. The ride is bumpy due to the rocky road but it was fun. Donghyuck's grandma kept on asking him about his dad's condition, Seungkwan's health and academic progress, and the same for Donghyuck. However, she avoids saying anything about Donghyuck's mother. Maybe the two of them didn't have such a great relationship. Like most family conversation, it slowly headed toward Grandma asking Donghyuck about his and Seungkwan's love life. Luckily, we arrive at the destination or what I thought is the destination. The convertible stops at a crossroad where a small wooden bridge formed a T with the straight dirt road. The bridge is built over a river that's parallel to the dirt road. 

 

"You two settle down at the house while I go and pick up your Second Brother from his school, he's also off for his Spring Break," Grandma spoke to us after we got our suitcase. "I'm sure there are people who are very happy to see Donghyuck."

 

Donghyuck's face broke into a happy smile that I saw when he was talking with his grandma on the phone. Whoever his grandma is talking about must be important to him. The car drove away and Donghyuck pulled me toward the wooden bridge. We slowed down halfway through the bridge. Donghyuck suddenly turned around to face me. "There are many surprises you'll see. Two of them will be Yukhei and Jungwoo. Also, don't be shocked... And expect music right about now."

 

Right after Donghyuck said that warning, I heard someone yelling "Third Brother is back" and a poppy tune starts to ring through my ear. Donghyuck lets go of my hand and ran toward the village. I quickly ran after him to see why music is playing. The sound of banjo accompanied by drum filled the air as we get nearer to the end of the bridge. I could see some people at the end of the bridge, mostly girls but there is one guy who stands out from the rest of them. He stood out because he strides toward the front of the group. 

 

"YUKHEI!!!" Donghyuck yelled out happily. 

 

Instead of answering Donghyuck like I  expected, he sings? (If you want to listen to the song, just to get the beat. I'll write a rough translation. It fit the story I want so well. Yes, it's in Vietnamese. Y'all don't know how long I wanted to write this scene. It's actually one of the first scenes I planned at the creation of this story.)

 

[Yukhei]

Oh look, it's Third Brother!

 

Youngest son of the Fifth Uncle

Just got home from far away

Body so pretty and slim

Dazzle every boy and girl in town.

 

It surprised me, even more, when Donghyuck let go of his luggage and walked down the bridge, casually singing along.

 

[Donghyuck]

Still innocent and naive

Still prancing around without a care

But now, Third Brother still look like an angel.

 

[The Crowd]

Third Brother look like an angel.

 

I grabbed both luggage and tried to follow him. Donghyuck reached the bottom of the bridge and Yukhei happily held my baby's hand as he steps off of the bridge. 

 

[Yukhei]

Flower boy, Soft skin,

And charming eyes.

Silky hair with lovely lips.

Glowing vibe.

Swaying arms, long legs.

Looking at him swell my heart.

Each and everyone admires secretly.

Wishing he was mine.

 

[The Crowd]

Wishing he was really mine.

 

By this time, Yukhei had lead Donghyuck toward the village gate, which was guarded by two tall trees. I could see small houses littered here and there. The village is built on a hill with terrace for growing rice. To my surprise, another guy jumps down from one of the tree and from his casual approach toward Donghyuck, I assume he's the Jungwoo that my baby mentioned before.

 

[Jungwoo]

Hey hey hey hey, 

Oh god, is that Third Brother?

Polite, respectful, and smart.

But still, Third Brother, you still are one of us.

 

[Donghyuck]

So modest as the wind.

Just a simple and average.

Like everyone,

I'm just another person.

 

[The Crowd]

Just like everyone else.

 

[Yukhei & Jungwoo]

Try not to brag about him,

But it just very hard.

 

[Donghyuck]

Just another face

Passing by.

 

[Yukhei & Jungwoo]

Everyone love, 

Everyone like.

Uptown to downhill,

Everyone wants a look.

Each and everyone admired secretly.

Wishing he would be my wife.

 

[The Crowd]

Wishing he would just be mine.

 

When they stop singing, we're in front of a medium size house. I assume that it is Donghyuck's grandma house. Both guys kiss my baby on the cheek. I grip the luggage so tightly that my knuckle turned a bit white. How dare they touch my baby and why didn't Donghyuck do anything to stop them? I don't care how close those two guys were to my baby. 

 

"I'm so glad to see you guys again," Donghyuck hugged both of them. 

 

"I'm glad to see you too," Jungwoo kissed Donghyuck cheek again and hug him tighter. He was the first to finally notice me. "And who might this be?"

 

Donghyuck let the two of them go and finally look back at me. "This is my boyfriend, Mark."

 

Yukhei held out his hand and smile politely. "Hello, my name is Yukhei. And this is Jungwoo. Remember those name because we're gonna be the one to steal Donghyuck away from you."


 

Story time: I was in the shower and listening to music. Suddenly, I got a spark of an idea for this story and it was so good that I will incorporate into the story. You will see it next chapter. I promise you. 

 

Also, I know I'm writing myself into a corner by making Donghyuck similar to a mary sue. The spark of an idea I have while I was in the shower will "change" the dynamic of Donghyuck. I don't know how you guys would react to it but let see next chapter. 

 

FIGHTING!!!