...That Scare Everyone

The One...

HAECHAN

 

It took me a couple of weeks to get used to city life. Donghyuck was helpful in showing me around but most of the time, Mark tagged along. It made me feel like a third wheel but I couldn't just tell him to leave. If only Jungwoo and Yukhei also move to the city, I would be less lonely when my twin brother and his boyfriend are together. I was able to visit my dad in the hospital a couple of time. He looked better than I thought, which is a good thing, but mom looked worse than I thought. With Seungkwan and Donghyuck there, I was able to convince our mom to leave the hospital and get some quality foods into her system. We didn't have much money so I just cook for her at home. Everyone in the family seemed to be amazed at the fact that I can cook well. 

 

"So when am I starting school?" I asked as my brothers and I sat at the dinner tables.

 

"Tomorrow," Donghyuck answered. "We got the papers ready so you can start tomorrow at my school. I didn't know you got a scholarship at my school."

 

 "My grade seemed to be good enough for the scholarship."

 

"Hey, you two go to sleep after dinner. I will take some foods to mom and dad," Seungkwan wrapped up some foods and leave for the hospital.

 

Donghyuck was excited to have me meeting his friends. He told me they don't know that I'm his twin so he wants to see the look on their face. He told me a little about his friends as I brushed my teeth and show me a couple of pictures of them. When I finish my night routine, I climb onto my bed and cover myself with the blanket that was made by my grandmother. The next day came faster than I expected and the sun invaded my room. A wicked idea popped into my head as I brushed my teeth. When Seungkwan asked me if I want breakfast, I declined and left the house earlier than necessary. Maybe I should introduce myself to Donghyuck's friends before he can.

 

"At least, grab a fruit," Seungkwan threw an apple toward me before I walked out the door. 

 

I bit onto the apple as I walked to school. Today is gonna an entertaining day. My thought wonder as I got to the gate of the school. My registration to this school is painfully long and it took Donghyuck's whole break. When I got to the administration office, I got my schedule and the school map. 

 

"Donghyuck, what are you doing here so early?" Someone startled me.

 

I turned around and saw a boy walking toward me. He's shorter than me but his blonde hair made him look super adorable. "Hey, good morning."

 

"I miss you since we were on break," He suddenly hugged me by the waist. 

 

"Remind who you are again?" I acted like I'm pretending to not know him. Hopefully, he'll say his name so it will get easier to communicate with him.

 

"How could you forget me? I'm Chenle!"

 

"Just kidding, how can I forget a cute face like you?" I mentally sighed in relief and pinched Chenle's cheeks. 

 

"Donghyuck!" Another scream rang in my ears. Someone appears and pushes Chenle out of the way before gripping onto my waist. "Donghyuck is mine!"

 

"Actually, I already have someone, remember?" I indirectly mentioned Mark. These two must be the two sophomores that like Donghyuck. "Want to walk me to class?"

 

The three of us walked to class. I walked slightly behind them so they would lead. If they like Donghyuck that much, they would know where his class is. I don't know his schedule and his classes but I still have enough time to mess with his friends before going to my class. The two sophomores seemed happy that I spend time with them. I might as well let them indulge in their happiness since they're helping me get to places. Both of them have one of my arms and gripped it tightly. 

 

"I think this is my class," I told the two sophomores as we walked past a class that I saw someone that looks like one of Donghyuck's friend. If I remember correctly, the boy that I saw in the classroom must be Jaemin. The resemblance to the picture Donghyuck had shown me is uncanny. "Hey, Jaemin!"

 

"Morning, Donghyuck," Jaemin greeted me unenthusiastically, which I wasn't expecting. He wasn't as happy and joyful as Donghyuck described. "Can I talk to you for a bit?"

 

"Of course, buddy," I smiled back at him. We walked outside the classroom. The hall was filled with enough students that it's loud. The other students were talking among each other and their conversation covered ours. "What's up?"

 

"I've been thinking over the break about our friendship," Jaemin sighed.

 

I looked at him suspiciously. Donghyuck gave me no indication that he and Jaemin might be in some kind of special relationship so I have to be careful about what I said next. "Yeah? what about it?"

 

"I think we should stop being friends," I didn't expect this. From Donghyuck's words, I thought that Jaemin and Donghyuck are close friends. "I've known that Jeno like you for a while but I've said nothing about it. But it's doesn't make me feel better knowing my boyfriend like someone else."

 

Jaemin's boyfriend is Jeno. Donghyuck and Mark took part in getting Jaemin and Jeno together. However, I did not know that Jeno like Donghyuck. Maybe my twin boyfriend is just as oblivious about everything as I thought he will be. 

 

"Why does Jeno like someone else meant we have to break our friendship?" I asked.

 

"He like you, you idiot!" Jaemin's face turned red. Not from embarrassment but from anger. He's mad.

 

"I didn't know that."

 

"Of course, you didn't. You never know about anything. You're just the perfect naive one that everyone loves for no goddamn reason."

 

"Are you mad?" I couldn't help but smirk. It's a bad habit of mine but I can't stop it from spreading on my face. 

 

"Why are you smirking?" Jaemin looked like he's about to punch me in the face.

 

I didn't answer because I saw Donghyuck coming near Jaemin and me. My smirk grew wider as Jaemin turned around. He looked at me with wide and fearful eyes. Donghyuck was breathless when he got to where Jaemin and I stood. "Haechan, why did you leave earlier than me?"

 

"Haechan?" Jaemin got even more scared.

 

"Seem like you guys meet already," Donghyuck smiled, completely oblivious of the redness in Jaemin's eyes. "This is my twin brother, Haechan."

 

"Twin?" 

 

"Yep," I answered. "I hope we can be great friends since you and my brother are such good friends."

 

"Y-Yeah, sure," Jaemin replied with hesitation. 

 

"Is the other here yet? I want to see the look on their face when they see Haechan," Donghyuck happily skipped into the classroom, leaving Jaemin and me alone again. I stood there with the same smirk on my face. Jaemin avoids eye-contact with me.

 

"What's the matter? I look too similar to someone you know?" I purposely put my face in front of his so he has to look at me in the eyes. 

 

"S-Stop!" He must feel uncomfortable. "Why didn't you tell me that you're not Donghyuck?"

 

"Because I want to hear about things that my oblivious brother are unaware of."

 

"Why?"

 

"So I can find out who like him and who hate him."

 

"I don't hate Donghyuck!"

 

"You don't hate him but you hate his guts," I walked past him and into the classroom. "I think you'll enjoy having me around, Jaemin."

 

As the day go by, I managed to find my ways around my classes. Lucky for me, I have Donghyuck and Jaemin are with me, which is a great source of entertainment for me. Jaemin keeps on tiptoeing around me while Donghyuck is ecstatic at introducing me to everyone he knows. Renjun is the quiet kid in Donghyuck's group of friends so I don't know much about him. However, my favorite person so far is Jeno. From his initial reaction, I concluded that Jeno is nervous about me because I caught him staring at me multiple times. Also, from my observation, Jeno is careful around Donghyuck and me, like he's scared of being exposed to his crime. He is guilty, for a crime of passion.

 

Besides that, it is obvious to me that we are not welcome here. Like my initial thought, this school is filled with rich kids. They weren't as welcoming as Donghyuck told me. I can see their disapproving eyes looking at Donghyuck and me. Maybe it's because Donghyuck got in with Mark's help and I got in through a scholarship. Neither of us has money to flaunt nor are we in high status.

 

"Why are you not eating?" Donghyuck asked me as we sat at a table near the middle of the cafeteria. 

 

"Don't you feel uncomfortable having people stare at us like we're animals at the zoo?" I scoffed and slid the plate of foods away. "And the foods are not even good."

 

"Really? I think it tastes good."

 

"Then, you got no taste at all. Neither does any of these so-called high-status kids."

 

"What did you say?" A bunch of students heard what I said and stopped at my table. I assumed that these are freshmen because they look younger than me.

 

It wasn't a surprise to me that Donghyuck and I gain this much attention. Not only did a "low-status" student got into the school but two of them did and they're twin brothers. I made Donghyuck's obliviousness a negative aspect but it's really not. His obliviousness allows him to ignore all the staring and focuses on his friends instead, which he got plenty of. 

 

"Leave them alone," Some of Donghyuck's older friends stood up for us, even though, I technically insulted as well. 

 

"It's ok, hyung," I stood up and faced the freshmen. "Tell me I'm wrong."

 

"You know nothing about taste, you lowly bastard."

 

I held a hand out to stop Mark and the other from getting up from their seats. "I have no taste, right? Unlike you, who know what good food tastes like just because you pay a stack of money. I bet you didn't even know that the vegetarian soup you're eating has chicken broth in it."

 

From behind me, I can hear some girls gasp and some spitting. I guess I got the reaction I was expecting. These pompous kids have the time in the world to care about their fitness and physique so they care about their diet. Most girls would go on the vegetarian diet because they think it'll help them lose weight. I scoffed at the stupidity of the situation.

 

"If you really think you have the tastebud to handle real gourmet cooking then I'll cook something for y'all."

 

"Fine, if you scholarship student think you're so good," The freshmen lead the way to the kitchen. These kids must have some connection to the school staffs if they're allowed to use the kitchen like this willy-nilly. On second thought, I might lose my scholarship for this but it is totally worth it if get to see the look on their face afterward. "You'll have to impress three people of my choosing."

 

"Fine..." I shrugged as I ask one of the cooks for their apron.

 

The three judges sat down on the table as I look around the kitchen. As I inspect what I have to use for ingredients, Mark and Jaemin tell me a little about the judges. The first girl is the daughter of a CEO of a long-chain of high-end restaurants. The second girl is known by the student for her pretty look but also picky appetite. Finally, the freshman that challenge me is the son of the chairman of the National Food Critic Organization. Just because they're the kids of high-class characters, doesn't mean they have the same taste as their parents. 

 

"I'll start now..." I tighten the apron around my waist. 

 

There were enough vegetables for me to use but there isn't much meat. I didn't care since the students probably want vegetarian foods. I made my Special Rich Ramen using only vegetables. Despite the ingredients, I use tempeh, which is from Indonesian cuisine, as the most prominent piece along with the vegetarian broth mixed with soy milk and miso. The grilled carrots and turnips added flavors to the ramen, along with the fried Goro roots and lotus roots. The complex flavors make the ramen make the dish taste like meat and fish without using any animal products. 

 

"Have at it," I smirked as I put down the bowl of ramen. 

 

"Tsk, what kind of commoner food is this?" The freshman male scoffed. "You didn't use any meat at all so this must be tasteless and boring."

 

"I mean it does seem healthy," The pretty girl judge shrugged and start eating.

 

"Hmm," The CEO daughter also start eating. "This... is really good."

 

The other two judges were stunned. Their figure was stiff with the ramen still in their mouth. From their reaction, I could already tell how good my food is. I gave the cooks back his apron and walk out of the cafeteria kitchen. All the students separated into two sides as I walked out of the canteen.

 

"Hey!" The CEO daughter stood up and shouted out loud to me. "Would you like a job at my father's restaurant?"

 

I chuckled a bit. "Nah, I'm good. If I'm gonna work in the food industry, my family already got a restaurant. Thanks though."

 

 Donghyuck caught up to me and we walked alongside each other. Neither of us said anything until we got to my class. Donghyuck told me to wait for him after school is over so we can walk home together, even though it was the original plan anyway. The class was over so I did what Donghyuck want and waited at the school gate for him to arrive. 

 

"How was your first day?"

 

"It was enjoyable," I replied with a smirk. "Your friends are really strange characters."

 

"How so?"

 

"One of them is scared of me. Another one won't talk. Mark is obsessed with you. The two sophomores are also obsessed with you. And finally, one is in a bad love scenario."

 

"What? Who?"

 

"You don't need to know it yet. It's not my place to tell you."


 

A little foreshadowing in this chapter for you guys. It's more of a review chapter since I can use Haechan's introduction to the other characters to review every side characters. Also, I want to show a different point of view on the same setting. Haechan's perspective obviously differed from Donghyuck's overly saturated positive view. Donghyuck doesn't notice the negativities around him because he surrounded himself with his friends, which is only good to a certain extent. It will certainly come to bit him in the later.

 

Btw, it was my birthday a couple of days ago :))) Ya boi is old now T.T

FIGHTING!!!