...With the Emotional Mixup

The One...

DONGHYUCK

 

"Mark, pull it out."

 

"I don't want to, it's wet and slimy."

 

"Just pull it out."

 

"Fine...Oh my gosh, it's spilling everywhere."

 

"Clean it off then."

 

Mark rush to get paper towels from the kitchen while I try to get the spilling comprehended. It was a quiet Saturday until Mark had the urge to watch one of those American high school movie. I just sat there and watch it with him after I finish all my butler duties. Of course it was in English so I didn't understand a thing and Mark didn't bother to put subtitle on for me. He was too preoccupy cuddling with me. Then suddenly, we saw the inevitable happen. The kids on the screen did one of those science project that invovle making a minture volcano so Mark want to do it too. 

 

After an hour of getting all the stuff together, we make his volcano and then we try to get it to erupt. Mark put the baking soda on a spoon and put it in the volcano but he left it there. When we pull the spoon out, the volcano didn't have an eruption but instead it leak from the side and red vinegar spill everywhere. If you didn't know, vinegar and baking soda make a mini explosion when they are put together. 

 

"Now that we clean it up, what are we gonna do with a crack volcano?" I ask him with my hands on my hips.

 

"It's useless to fix th crack so let throw this one away and start over," Mark grin at me.

 

"Start over?" I groan in a low volume. "I don't want to."

 

"Fine, we could do another science experiment instead," He shrugged.

 

"Which one?" I got the volcano in a trash bag and tie up the bag tightly. "Let not have anymore spilling."

 

"Aw man," Mark back hug me. I felt something poking my . "The experiment I was thinking of involve us and a lot of spilling."

 

I got chill down my spine. Someone please help me right now because I have not build a resistance against y Mark yet. This is why I stay away from him whenever he's . The last time it happen, I gave him a at school for god sake. Suddenly, the doorbell ring and I jump to get it. Whoever it is, thank you. It turn out to be Jeno and Jaemin. Those two have been inseparatable likely.

 

"Thank you thank you thank you," I hug both of them.

 

"For what?" Jeno ask me, confused.

 

"Just know you save me," I replied. Mark emerges from the door and glare daggers at the two newcomers. 

 

"Did someone you or something? What with the death stare?" Jaemin said sassily, uncomprending the situation. "Anyway, we're here because we got something to talk about."

 

Everyone relocate themselve into the living room. I got out some tea and set it on the table. Jaemin and Jeno sat down on the loveseat while Mark and I sat on the sofa. Mark still have that glare on his face so I shoulder bump him to get it off. It's rude to glare at guest even if they you. I would probably be careful later. Mark might jump on me when our friends leave.

 

"What did you need to talk to us about?" Mark ask. His tone is full of vemon.

 

"This," He held out the school newspaper. "You made the front page Donghyuck."

 

"New Transfer Student Get Caught In A Love Triangle," I held up the newspaper paper and read it. "That ridiculous. I'm only dating Mark. He wouldn't let me out of his sight so how would I cheat?"

 

"Keep reading," Jaemin urges me on.

 

Everyone was quiet as Mark and I read onward. I mumble the words under my breathe as I read along. Each sentences get me angrier and angrier. "Ok, what the hell?"

 

"Jisung and Chenle?" Mark read. "We never even talk to them."

 

"Actually, I help them out at Theater club," I sheepishly raise my hand. "But I didn't think they would like me after that."

 

"Look like the two of you better be careful at school."


 

After that eventful afternoon, I start to dread the weekdays. It mean going back to school. It also mean facing the two boys that could possibly destroy me if I made one wrong move. That's why my legs are shaking so much as I walk into the schoolgate.

 

"S-Stop being nervous," Jaemin smack my back. "You're making me nervous as well."

 

"Don't make it obvious Donghyuck," Jeno whisper to me. All the students are looking and whispering to one another.

 

Jeno suggested that Mark and I keep our relationship on the DL fir a while until this rumor die down. We have to play it save so nothing happen to either of us. That's why I'm going to school with Jeno and Jaemin. If people see me step out of Mark's car, it will only feul the fire. 

 

"Act natural," Jaemin whisper to me as we walk through the hall.

 

"Neither Jisung and Chenle are in sight, so I guess we're luckly today," Jeno grin and gave us thumbs up.

 

"Donghyuck!!!" A voice coated with sugar call out for me. This is so not Mark's voice.

 

I turn around to see Chenle walk toward me. He wear a huge smile on his face. In his hand, he held a chocolate bar. As he walk toward me, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. I try to turn around and act like I didn't hear him but Jisung appear on the other side. I'm literally trap in the middle and they're bound to spot each other.

 

"H-Hi Chenle, what can I do for you?" I ask nervously.

 

"No need to be so formal hyung," He smile so brightly that I have to squint a little. "I was wondering if you want to have lunch with me later."

 

"Wait, Donghyuck hyung!" Jisung voice come from behind me. "I want to have lunch with you later."

 

"Hey! I ask first," Chenle growl.

 

"Well, we all know first is the worse," Jisung bark back. 

 

"How childish can you get?" 

 

"At least I don't walk around with candy in my hand."

 

That sinking feeling only got worse. I did the only thing that I can do to stop a war from brewing. "Hey hey hey, it's ok. I'll have lunch with both of you."

 

"But Donghyuck!!!" Jaemin hit my shoulder. "You remember someone right?"

 

"Ok hyung," Jisung smile is just as bright. "I'll see you at lunch."

 

Whisper happen again as the two boys glare at each other before walking away. I could already see the newspaper headline. "Dead Transfer Student Caught in an Unstoppable War". I have to do something for Mark if I'm gonna miss having lunch with him. I can't give him a since I already use that.

 

When we finally got to our class, the whispering didn't stop. Like seriously, can you make it anymore obvious? Mark is already at his table with his head on the desk. When I sat down next to him, he look up. If this was an anime, Mark would have those big teary eyes and tears running down his face.

 

"I miss you," He jump on me. 

 

"It wasn't that long," I pat his back.

 

"But it feel like forever for me," Mark cried. "I hear you're not gonna have lunch with me too."

 

News sure travel fast here. "Yeah, sorry. I just don't want a war happening so early in the morning."

 

"You're so considerate of other," Mark squeeze me again. "That's why you're my boyfr-"

 

Jeno and Jaemin jump on him and cover his mouth. "Don't say it."

 

We look around and saw girls holding up their phone to take pictures. Some whispers to each other. Jeno and Jaemin got Mark to sit his down and I got him to calm down. Mr.Do walk in the class and everyone got quiet down. A boy follow him close behind. The first I notice is the gap in his teeth, weird but kinda cute.

 

"Good morning everyone," Mr.Do set his folder on the desk. "We got a new student with us today. Please introduce yourself."

 

"H-Hi, m-my name is R-Renjun," He stutter. 

 

"Does he have a stuttering problem or is he nervous?" Jaemin lean back on his desk to whisper to me.

 

"I think it's a speech impediment," I answer. "He's trying really hard to not stutter."

 

"Alright, Renjun, why don't you tak the empty seat in the back," Mr.Do took over. "Donghyuck, please help him."

 

"Yes sir," I raise my hand and Renjun walk quickly to the empty table to my left. 

 

If you are confused, the seating arrangement is this. I'm in the last seat in the middle row. Mark is to my right with Jeno in front of him. Jaemin is in front of me. Now, Renjun is to my left.

 

"Here's the note on what we're learning," I handed my notebook to Renjun, who accept it with a smal nod. "Just ask me if you have any question or problem."

 

I pay attention back to the board but in the corner of my eye, Mark is shooting daggers at Renjun and me. When I look over, he seem as jealous and angery as ever. If he's this jealous over something like this, how am I gonna survive Chenle and Jisung? 

 

"I love you," I whisper to Mark and held his pinkie with mine.

 

It's like pouring water over a fire. Mark completely calm down and smile brightly at me. Well, at least he won't kill the poor transfer student who is currently petrified in his seat.

 

"Alright, I want you to get in a group of four or five," Mr.Do snap his finger. "We're doing a group project. Donghyuck, please have Renjun in your group."

 

"Sir yes sir," I answer. Mark is really hating on Mr.Do right now. I wonder if I should provoke hin further. "Let have a group of five. Jaemin? Jeno?"

 

"Aye aye captain," Jaemin pop out of nowhere.

 

Once everyone got in their group, Mr.Do clap his hand to gain everyone attention. "For your History class, pick a country and make a poster about their social system. The assignment is due at the end of class."

 

All the desks and chairs were pushed to the perimeter of the classroom. The groups got materials from the drawers and storage closets and sat on the ground to do their assignment. While we all ran around to get stuffs, I order Renjun to get us a spot on the floor. He did get a spot but it was the worse spot ever. It's right in the middle of the room where everyone could see what we're doing. Oh well.

 

"Which country are we doing it on?" Jeno ask as we surround the poster paper. "Let not do Korea since everyone probably do that."

 

"What about China?" I suggested. Mr.Do said Renjun is transfer so I'm guess he's from China. From the look on his face, my guess was correct. "China it is."

 

We start working on the poster. Luckily, Renjun know most of the stuffs so he just come up with facts. Mark took care of printing the pictures from the internet while I write down everything Renjun say. Jaemin is in charge of decorating and Jeno is in charge of Jaemin. He had the hardest job because he have to make sure that Jaemin won't pour the whole glitter bottle on the poster. Once, the bright smiley boy almost reenact the Hyuna's "Red" music video.

 

"Alright now," Mr.Do clap his hand. "Since most of the group didn't finish, I'll extend the deadline to an hour after lunch. Go to lunch now!"

 

Everyone starting walking out of the room. I just held Mark's hand as I walk out, completely oblivious of the two sophomores running toward me. Jeno and Jaemin weren't fast enough so they couldn't warn me.

 

"Hyung!!!" Jisung and Chenle pop out in front of me.

 

Jisung was the first to notice my hand intertwined with Mark's. "Why are you holding his hand?"

 

"H-Huh, I- umm- I-" I try to squeeze out an answer.

 

"Because he's my boy-"

 

"Because Donghyuck really like skinship," Jaemin interrupted Mark. "Mark's hand is soft so he's Donghyuck's favorite person to hold hand with."

 

"Ohh," Both sophomores grab one of my hand. Chenle pull it from Mark's grasp. "Hold my hand."

 

"I put lotion on every night so it's super soft," Jisung swing our intertwined hand back and forth. "Now let go have lunch, even though we have a third wheel."

 

"We'll see who's the third wheel," Chenle mumble under his breath.

 

Mark didn't look happy. Maybe I should do something special for him later. Should I let him see me nake? That'll definitely get him to forgive me. But I should keep that until I did something really bad. I'll just give him an amazing make out session later. Yeah, that work.

 

For now, I've to deal with these two toddlers who wouldn't stop bickering.


 

I don't have much to say, so I'll leave a question of the day for you. Are you excited knowing there's a possibility of NCT Life with NCT Dream?

 

Subscribe and comment. Stay tune to know what's Renjun's role is in this story...

 

FIGHTING!!!