0.6

King [Taoris]

Tao did not take kindly on how he was woken up in the middle of the night. There he was, laying peacefully under a pile of warm covers and pillows when he was forced out of sleep by his brother.

Tao rubbed his eyes as he looked at Sehun who was panting.

"What the heck Sehun, it's lik-"

Tao was cut off by his brother pulling him out of bed. 
"Tao, we have to go help...now!"

Tao woke up immediately at the words 'help'. Despite the fact that he was shirtless and only in loose sweats, he ran after his brother.

"It's the night dwellers, they're back."

Tao frowned. The night dwellers were a common pest to the West kingdom. The king of the night dwellers were convinced that he was the rightful leader of Junmyeon's kingdom, thus resulting in attacks every so often. The last one happened two years ago. Tao encountered a nasty night dweller by himself. Those things were no joke. Which each night dweller averaging a height of over seven feet and made up of black bones and wisps of smoke that somehow keep the whole creature together. Some had horns on their heads while others had spears as arms. Even looking into the glowing eyes of a night dweller could paralyze you, give you a panic attack, the soul out of you or possible all three things at once. Long story short, they were nasty with a capital N. 16-year old Tao barely managed to fight off one of these creatures, now a whole army has come back for revenge. Sehun and Tao ran through the corriders until they reached the throne room. They could hear the ghastly screeches of the night dwellers that sent shivers down Tao's back. They sounded like humans being tortured mixed with a dying cat with an undertone of a chain saw.

Junmyeon gasped when he saw his shirtless son enter the room. The 9 other boys were already in the throne room, including Yixing, suiting themselves with proper armor. 
Yifan looked over and frowned when he saw Tao shivering. He pulled off his chest plate and tugged off his sweatshirt, leaving him in just a long sleeved shirt. He tossed the sweatshirt to Tao who caught it gratefully.

"What's going on?" Tao asked as he pulled the sweatshirt over his head, momentarily stopping to take in the musky scent of Yifan. A maid brought him his combat boots and armor while another brought his trusty crossbow to his side.

Since Tao was little, he had been trained in the art of long distance combat. In fact, all of his siblings specialized in different methods of attack. Xiumin picked up on hands on combat while Baekhyun preferred a sword. Sehun caused havoc with his double sided spear. And Kai, the sneakiest one of them all. His favorite type of offense was defense. He would lure the enemy in and then teleport around, confusing them and eventually killing them. Tao also trained in Wushu. He had begged Xiumin to teach him and now he could beat even Xiumin in a duel.

"The night dwellers are back." Junmyeon hissed as he sheathed two daggers in his belt. Yixing slung a bow around his body and sorted through his arrows. Sehun unleashed his wings, letting them spread out to their six feet wingspan. They were powerful, able to keep Sehun in the air with only a few flaps and a good weapon for smacking people in the face. But to any human, Sehun looked like an angel, a common misconception when they see the boy. But Tao highly disagrees with Sehun being an angel, he was quite the opposite of that actually.

Luhan looked around confused, flinching when he heard an explosion from outside.

"What are those things?" He asked, clearly shook up.

Xiumin wrapped cloth around his fists, "Night dwellers, little pain in the asses. Stab them right through the stomach and avoid the eyes."

Jongdae nodded, "Stab the stomach, avoid the eyes."

"Okay Yixing and I will take the front entrance. Tao, go with Luhan, Baekhyun, Sehun and Yifan to the east wing. Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Kai and Jongdae take the west wing." Junmyeon said as he started walking.

Tao led the east kingdom princes towards the east wing entrance. Yifan ran to his side, his sword bouncing against his long legs.

"Wait, don't you guys have an army?"

Tao nodded and loaded his crossbow as they neared the entrance, "They're outside right now."

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he created intense light in both his hands. Tao looked at everyone, getting their okays before kicking the door open.

The second the doors opened, three Night dwellers screeched at them. Tao let an arrow loose as he shielded his eyes. Baekhyun shot beams of light at the two other night dwellers, smirking as they vanished with a puff of smoke. Like that they tag teamed the swarms of night dwellers that seemed to keep on coming. Tao released arrow after arrow, shooting down tens of night dwellers. Yifan blasted fire at all of them before floating up into the air, making the night dwellers an easier target. They were doing good but Tao was getting tired, and he was running out of arrows. He quickly borrowed Sehun's wind power (with his permission of course) and used it to enlarge the fire blasts coming from Yifan. Baekhyun fell to the ground, completely exhausted from the amount of rays of light that he had shot. Luhan kicked away a night dweller that was making its way to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled gratefully as Luhan helped him up.

"There are too many." Yifan shouted as he blasted another night dweller with a column of fire.

Tao tripped over a dead night dweller and let out a cry as a pain shot up through his leg. He screamed as a night dweller jumped on him, using his bow to keep the creature away from bitting his head off. The pungent scent of death was radiating off the night dweller, Tao was whipping his head side to side trying to avoid its sharp teeth.

"TAO!"

Tao looked up to see Sehun pulling the night dweller off of him.

"We have to get you to Yixing." He said, picking up Tao bridal style. Tao hissed as his ankle was jostled. Judging by the pain, he most likely sprained it. Sehun spread his wings and shot into the air, narrowly dodging night dwellers as he carried his brother to the other side of the castle.

As they neared the battleground, Tao could see ice freezing some night dwellers as thunder clouds rolled over the set area, occasionally letting out lighting which fried the night dwellers. Sehun set down near Yixing.

"Mom!" 
Yixing whipped around to see Tao limping towards him. Yixing dropped his weapon and raced over to his child, dragging him into a safe spot.

"What happened?!"

"I think he sprained his ankle, there's too many of them over there."

Yixing swore under his breath as he unclasped the buckles on Tao's boots. He hurriedly ran his hands over the hurt ankle, taking only seconds to heal it. Tao grimaced as the intense pain washed over him, fading into a dull throb. 

"Sehun, take Tao and Yifan to the Witch. She'll be able to give us charms to strengthen our defenses."

Sehun nodded and carried Tao back over to where Yifan was still battling three night dwellers.

"We have to go!"

Yifan turned to Sehun surprised, "What?"

"No time to explain, mom's sending reinforcements. We have to go." 
Yifan took one last look at his comrades battling the night dwellers before nodding.

Sehun grunted and put Tao down. "We have to fly, or else we'll never make it in time."

Yifan nodded and turned his back towards Tao, "Get on."

Tao wrapped his arms around Yifan's neck as he wrapped his legs around his waist. Yifan reached his arms back and placed his hands on the backs of Tao's thighs, to make sure he wouldn't fall off. Sehun took off once more. Yifan closed his eyes and imagines himself weightless. When he opened his eyes again, he was floating over the castle. He quickly followed Sehun who was already flying towards a range of mountains.