0.3

King [Taoris]

Tao had never felt so betrayed. His own mother, the person he told everything to. The first person he came out to. Tao wiped a stray tear that escaped his eye and shut his bedroom door. He dove under the covers, not wanting to do anything but curl up into a ball and cry his little heart out. He didn't even change out of his uncomfortable jeans. Something he regrets, due to the skinny jeans digging into his stomach, most likely leaving marks. Tao sniffed and pulled the covers over his body, shielding him from the cruel world where people only lie, cheat and betray. He pulled his stuffed panda close to his body and cuddled it. His stuffed panda wouldn't betray him, Dumpling was a real friend. Yes, Tao had named his stuffed panda Dumpling, but that was when he was five and when he thought dumplings were the greatest things in the world.

"Taozi?"

Tao whimpered when he heard someone call his name.

"It's me, Xiu hyung. Can I come in?"

"Go away." Tao whined.

"Okay, I'm coming in."

Tao rolled his eyes, of course his brother didn't know the meaning of go away.

"What do you want?" Tao mumbled, still hiding under his blankets. Tao felt a dip in his king sized bed, most likely caused by Xiumin sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Tao...please listen."

"No." Tao mumbled, reverting to his toddler ways.

"Taozi, mom and dad did this for us and for our future. You left without knowing the whole story!"

"I know the story! Mom and dad traded me off for peace. Their own son!"

Tao flinched when he felt Xiumin place a hand on his side, "Tao, our kingdoms were struggling. We were running low on food and this seemed like the only option. Even mom didn't want to say yes but he got convinced by Yifan's dad. You can't blame mom and dad. They did their job. When dad was crowned the king, he promised to do everything in his power to protect his people, and this was how he kept his promise."

Tao shook his head, "But why me?"

Xiumin sighed, "Tao, they chose you as the heir. I don't think you understand what that means...you're going to be king one day! Tao as a prince of the Royal family, you have to make sacrifices."

Tao sniffed, his brother had a very good point. But Tao didn't want to make this sacrifice, he wanted to explore the world, find his own love.

"Hey guess what?"

"What." Tao mumbled, not liking how cheerful Xiumin sounded.

"Mom and dad had an arranged marriage too!"

Tao lifted his head above the covers and peeked his head at his brother. Xiumin chuckled at the sight of just Tao's wide eyes popping above the fluffy, white covers.

"Really?! But they seem so in-"

"Love? Well yea, they learned how to love each other over the years."

Tao's eyebrows furrowed as he fell deep in thought, "Does that mean..."

Xiumin cut him off again, "That you'll learn how to fall in love with Yifan? Yes."

 




"There, good as new!" Xiumin said as he backed up. He had taken the liberty to change Tao so he didn't look all beat up and half dead. Tao pulled at the tight shirt he was wearing. 
"Are you sure about this?"

Xiumin nodded but handed Tao a fluffy cardigan, "Wear this if you feel uncomfortable." Tao smiled gratefully at his older brother and slipped the cardigan on, letting the wooly material cover his thin arms. Tao pulled the sleeves over his fists and ruffled his blonde hair.

"Shall we go?" Xiumin asked, holding out his arm. Tao nodded and looped his arm with Xiumin's. Tao was extremely thankful for his brother. Even if they had a four year between them, Xiumin never failed to make Tao feel comfortable. Tao could always depend on Xiumin. Day or night, Xiumin was there for Tao and Tao couldn't be anymore happy that it was like that. They walked through the stone corridors, occasionally making small talk. Mostly Tao just wanted to eat and sleep. He's had a long day and he just wants to get this over with.

Xiumin pushed open the large wooden double doors to the dining hall. There were many servants rushing around, serving food, refilling drinks and making sure everyone was comfortable.

Tao let go of Xiumin and shyly made his way to his seat, right in between his mother and father.

Yixing smiled when he saw Tao, "Listen Tao, I knew I should have to-"

Tao cut him off, "It's okay mommy. I understand and I guess I'm okay with it."

Yixing's eyes widened as he turned to Tao, "Really?!"

Tao nodded, closed his eyes and leaned his head on Yixing's shoulder.

He smiled and ruffled Tao's hair after kissing the top of my head.

"He's a mommy's boy." Tao heard Sehun say.

Tao scowled and without opening his eyes, he chucked a spoon at Sehun by judging where the voice came from. Tao smiled when he heard a satisfying thunk and a cry of pain from Sehun. Everyone else chuckled. Tao loved his little brother but most of the time, Sehun got on his nerves.

"Tao get up. Food is here." Tao heard his dad whisper to him.

Tao sat up and watched happily as food got delivered straight to his plate. He picked up his chopsticks and darted his eyes around to see what side dishes were available.

"So, Yifan has agreed and Tao has agreed, when's the wedding?"

Tao choked on his spit at his dad's sudden words. He bent over and coughed, his mother rubbing his back soothingly as he passed Tao a glass of water. Sehun watched in amusement as his brother had a coughing fit.

Yifan cleared his throat, "I feel it's best we wait until the next moon."

Luhan clapped his hands, "Oh how exciting! A wedding in moonlight."

Junmyeon nodded, "That's nice, is there anywhere you two want to go for a honeymoon?"

Tao blushed bright red as he avoided Yifan's stare. He hid his face with his sleeves and shook his head. 

Yixing frowned, "Are you sure you don't want a honeymoon?"

Tao nodded, "It's not like we love each other. I barely know him."

Junmyeon winked, "That's what your mom said. He was a feisty one. Though we did have our share of fun during our honeymoon."

Tao made a gagging noise as Baekhyun sighed. Sehun made a disgusted face as Yixing smacked his husband's chest. Yifan watched in amusement as Tao yelled at his dad, saying how utterly disgusting that was. The west kingdom family were an interesting bunch.