2.4

King [Taoris]

3253 words holy ! That's my longest chapter in this book. My favorite of all of Tao's songs, is "one heart" and I recommend you listen to it while reading this chapter! 
Anyway I hoped you like this chapter and I'll see you in the next update.
-P.S.K

"One Heart"

Yifan woke up to an empty bed, much to his dismay. After the apple picking trip, Tao had disappeared. It's been a week and Yifan's birthday was tomorrow. He groaned as he trashed around in his sheets, upset that stupid Baekhyun and Luhan weren't telling him where Tao went. But he rolled out of bed and dressed himself like a proper Prince. Actually, in his all black attire, he looked more like an emo goth Prince. Which honestly reflected how he was feeling.

He walked to the dining hall, still moping that he was Tao-less. Jongdae was the first to see him, "Hey! It's Mr. Deprived from his wife!"

Yifan simply growled in his direction before slumping down at the dining table. He bit halfheartedly into an apple.
Yixing frowned as he patted Yifan's cheek, "Don't worry, he said he would be back tonight."

Yifan lit up, ignoring the snickering coming from his brothers. He didn't care when they because he had Tao and they don't. Yifan spent the rest of the day still moping around, going up to his brothers in the attempt for them to entertain him. 
His first target was Luhan. Yifan walked around in the dim hallways, trying to find his short, pink haired brother.

"Lu?" Yifan called out as he stuck his head through his brother's doorway. He immediately let out a loud shout when he saw Xiumin and Luhan together.
"SORRY SORRY SORRY." He yelled as he tore down the hallway, trying to erase what he had just saw.

Scratch that, Chanyeol was his first target. Yifan hummed as he turned the corner, heading to his brother's chamber. He knocked on the door this time, learning from his past mistake. 
There was no answer. Yifan frowned as he pushed the door open, sticking his head in through the crack. 
He screeched when he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol together.

"OH MY GOD I'M SORRY." Yifan slammed the door shut, walking away swiftly.

"I need therapy or something." He muttered as he stood in front of his next brother's door.

He knocked on the door, "Kyungsoo?! You better not be with Kai!"

A faint 'come in' was the reply. Yifan smiled as he pushed the door open. Kyungsoo was always his favorite brother. The level headiness, his smartness and his (at times) kindness was what made him such a respectable person. Yifan loved Kyungsoo and always looked up to him, even though Kyungsoo was younger by a couple years.

Yifan opened the door and smiled when he saw his brother sitting in the middle of a huge pile of books. 
"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked, pushing his glasses further up his nose, not lifting his head from the pages.

"I'm bored and I'm-"

"Suffering TWS, yes we all figured that out by the second day."
Yifan plopped down on the ground, using his cardigan as a blanket, "What's TWS?"

"Tao-withdrawal symptoms."

Yifan made a face, "Is that a thing?"

"With you, yes."

Yifan leaned closer, fascinated by this new thing that Kyungsoo made up, "What are the symptoms?"

"Clinginess, constant whining, boredom, and the feeling to throw a tantrum until you have Tao back in your arms."

"You literally just described Luhan, minus the Tao part."

Kyungsoo cracked a smile, his lips making the familiar heart shape that set him aside from his brothers.

"Would you like to go on a walk?"

Yifan nodded, hoping that the day trip would distract him.

Kyungsoo stood up, brushed off the dirt on his pants and threw his glasses onto his bed before sliding his shoes on. Yifan stood up, tripping over a book as he tried to follow his brother.

Kyungsoo laughed and helped him back up, "Our people should see you in this state, they would never believe that you were the same 'cold' Prince."

Yifan made a face at the nickname, "I'm not cold! I just prefer not the show my feelings."

Kyungsoo led him through the kitchen and out the back door, bowing when a chef greeted him. "And what changed?"

Yifan turned to him confused, "Changed?"

Kyungsoo patted his arm, "Yifan, I don't know if you noticed but you changed. Like a lot! Before we came here, you barely smiled or spent time with any of us."

"Well yea, because Jongdae, Chanyeol and Luhan are annoying."

"But you spent the entire day with them yesterday."

Yifan opened his mouth to retort but shut it, letting Kyungsoo continue.

"Something about Tao made you click. And no matter how cliché this sounds, he's changed you for the better. Not that you were bad before, just a bit distant. Now you share your problems, you talk, laugh, joke. You've come out of your shell, and it's all thanks to Tao."

Yifan slowed, processing Kyungsoo's words, "I...I never realized how distant I've been. I've always thought as the heir, I couldn't play with you guys. I couldn't show weakness, or be taken like a fool. I've always had so much on my shoulders."

Kyungsoo frowned and grabbed Yifan under a tree. He reached up and broke a couple sticks off a branch and grabbed couple rocks. He pulled Yifan down.

He over a hole, making a sort of bridge. 
Kyungsoo pointed to the stick, "That's you."

"Kyungsoo...what are yo-"

Kyungsoo held up a rock, "This is your responsibility for dealing with the people."

He placed the rock on the stock. Yifan blinked as Kyungsoo kept adding rocks, one for each responsibility of a king.

"This is resources."

"Trade."

"Outside threats."

"Our crops."

"Our water sources."

Yifan flinched when the stick broke in half, falling into the hole, the rocks crushing it.

Kyungsoo pointed to the crushed stick, "This is what happens when you isolate yourself."

"Now, this is you." Kyungsoo cleared out the hole and put another stick across. But he added eleven more.

"Each stick is your family. Tao, me, Kai, Chanyeol...."

Kyungsoo took the same four rocks from before and placed it on the bed of sticks. They held.

He kept adding and adding but the sticks did not break.

"They...they're holding the weight." Yifan pointed out.

Kyungsoo smiled, "Exactly, do you understand Yifan? You are not alone! You have us. We will help you, guide you, teach you but you have to let us in. Do you remember our kingdom motto?"

Yifan nodded, blinking back his tears.

"Say it with me." Kyungsoo said gently, placing a comforting hand on Yifan's arm.

"We are one."

Tao smiled as he shrugged off his coat

Tao smiled as he shrugged off his coat. He tiptoed to the bedside, keeping a careful eye on Yifan who was out cold. Tao giggled when Yifan let out a loud snore before turning to his side. Yifan's legs and arms were spread out in all directions, his hair was sticking up and Tao was ninety nice percent sure that he was drooling.

"Yifaaaan." Tao whispered as he knelt next to his head. Yifan groaned, "Go away dream Tao, I want my real peach."

Tao smiled as he poked Yifan's cheek, "I am real! Wake up!"

Yifan's eyes shot open as he leaped out of bed, tackling Tao to the ground. Tao let out a loud laugh as Yifan tightened his grip on him, his face nuzzling Tao's neck.

"Did you miss me?" Tao asked in a playful tone as Yifan held him close.

"Don't leave like that. Ever again." Kris mumbled, his face still hiding in Tao's neck.

Tao smiled as he patted Yifan's back, "Okay okay, but get off. We need to go somewhere."

Yifan lifted his head, staring at Tao in confusion, "What?"

Tao smiled as he leaned up, placing a quick kiss on Yifan's cheek before wiggling out of his grasp.

"Come on!" Tao motioned as he swung the door open. He jumped out, shifting into a hawk midair. Yifan smirked and dove out the window, keeping himself up in the air as he watched Tao fly into the woods.

He followed, not asking any questions. They flew for a while, conversing in their heads. Yifan kept asking where Tao had went but Tao kept shaking his little eagle head and saying 'it's a surprise.'

Tao finally slowed, diving to the ground as a little cabin came in view. Yifan floated to the ground as Tao morphed into a human again, landing nimbly on his feet before walking towards the cabin door.

It was late at night, the moon was high, the Stars were still out. Yifan could hear far away howls but he knew he was safe here. Tao closed the cabin door behind them and held his arms out.

"Taa daa! Happy birthday Gege."

Yifan smiled as he hugged Tao, looking around in the small cabin. It was cozy and even though it was his first time here, he felt at home.

"How.."

"I found it a couple summers ago, fixed it up and I come here whenever I'm angry with my family."

"Your little emo getaway."

Tao poured as he shoved Yifan, "Don't call it that!"

Yifan chuckled and grabbed Tao by the waist. 
"It's late and I'm tired." He said as he dragged them to the couch.

"Wait! Yifan there's a bed in th-OOOF."
Yifan paid no mind to tao's words as he fell back on the couch, bring Tao down with him. Tao rolled his eyes but laid on top of Yifan, resting his chin on his chest.

"Your such a spoiled brat." Tao said, yawning. Yifan grinned and pulled a blanket over them. He wrapped his arms around Tao and held him close.

If being spoiled meant having Tao by his side, then Yifan would gladly wear the title. 

Yifan woke a mouthwatering smell


Yifan woke a mouthwatering smell. He sat up, his baggy shirt sliding off his shoulder, his hair standing up in all directions like the feathers on top of a chicken.

He stood up, his eyes still half closed. He trudged to the kitchen where he saw Tao pushing food off of a frying pan into two plates. Tao looked up and smiled when he saw Yifan standing in the kitchen.

"Morning sleepyhead! Don't worry, it's still your birthday. We came here around twelve last night and it's like eleve-"

Tao was cut off by Yifan hugging him. He smiled as the older male wrapped his arms around his waist, slowly sneaking bites of the food.

"You know how to cook?!" Yifan asked as he took another bite. 
Tao shook his head, "I went to someone who knew what you liked best and spent a while perfecting this dish."

Yifan's eyes widened as he turned to Tao, "You...you spent the week at my kingdom?"

Tao nodded his head while carrying the plates to the living room. Yifan followed, still shocked that that's where Tao was all this time.

"What were you doing there?"

"Getting to know your mom and dad, learning what you like, what you don't like and looking through a lot of baby pictures."

Tao turned to Yifan, smile wide on his face, "Even as a baby you had bushy caterpillar eyebrows." He teased, poking Yifan's eyebrows.   
His face fell when he realized Yifan was just staring at him, "A-are you not okay with that? Is the food not good? I'm sorry, what's wrong?"

Yifan sat down abruptly, pulling Tao down in his lap. Tao gulped as Yifan looked him straight in the eyes.

"Tao." Yifan started out slowly, "Did you do this all for me?"

Tao averted his eyes as he nodded shyly. He jumped when he felt Yifan pull his chin to face the older male.

"Why?"

Tao shrugged, "It's your birthday."

Yifan smiled, wrapping his long arms around Tao, his chin resting on Tao's shoulder.

"Thank you....thank you." Yifan whispered as he held Tao.

The two finished their breakfast together. Happily talking and joking, occasionally feeding each other. Tao wiped his mouth before jumping up.

"Oh! I almost forgot!"

Yifan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he watched Tao run into a room. He came back with two bags in his hands. He sat and gave one to Yifan.

"It's your birthday outfit!" 
Yifan raised an eyebrow as he pulled a pair of jeans out of the bag, along with a spotted button up.

"This?"

Tao's smile faltered, "You don't like it? I thought you would look cute in it."

Yifan shook his head desperately, "No no! I love it."

Tao's smile brightened as he rummaged through his own bag. His eyes widened as he caught sight of something.

"I'm going to kill your mom." He said out loud.

"What did she do?"

"She replaced my really cute flowery outfit with this!" Tao complained as he pulled out a pair of leather jeans.

"Your wearing that." Yifan said bluntly before escaping to the bathroom with his own clothes. Tao blushed but complied. 
Yifan came out minutes later, smiling when he caught sight of Tao standing shyly in the middle of the living room.

"You look great, like always." Yifan reassured Tao as he stuffed his old clothes back into a bag.

"Let's go back to the castle." Tao said, holding a hand out. Yifan rejected it and turned his back to Tao. "Piggyback?"

Tao grinned and hopped on Yifan's back, wrapping his arms around his neck. Yifan held Tao up by the back of his thighs as they walked outside. Yifan dug his heel into the ground as he got leverage to shoot up into the sky.

"Why not your dragon form?" Tao asked, swinging his feet gently as they soared through the clouds.

Yifan shrugged, "I like it when we're like this too."

Tao grinned and they continued in silence on their journey back to the castle. 
Yifan landed in the back meadow where he saw a bunch of decorations.

Yixing waved widely as he jumped up and down as he caught sight of Tao and Yifan.

Yifan landed on the ground lightly and let Tao slid off his back.

Jongdae let out a yell once he saw Tao, "Oh thank god you're back! Mr. Lover boy over here wouldn't shut up about you!"

Yifan let out a strangled cry as he pushed Jongdae, "Shut up Jong Dong."

Jongdae gasped dramatically, "Oh no you didn't."

Yifan smirked, "Oh yes I did, Jong Dong."

Kai snorted, "Dude, you've got to stop hanging out with Baekhyun and Luhan."

Chanyeol nodded, "You're picking up on their sassiness."

"Which there is nothing wrong with, I love you please don't make me sleep on the couch again." He quickly added once he saw Baekhyun glaring at him.

Junmyeon smiled warmly once he saw Yifan, "Come on, the show is about to start."

Yifan turned to grab Tao when he realized that he wasn't there. Yifan pouted but let himself get dragged by Junmyeon and Yixing as they sat him in one of many chairs in front of a stage.

There were banners and balloons everywhere announcing the birthday of the heir of the west kingdom. Yifan turned lightly red when he caught sight of all the villagers waving at him, yelling their support to him. He waved back before taking a seat, turning his attention to the stage as smoke started pouring out from sides.

He jumped when music started suddenly and Tao rose from under the stage. Yifan watched with a wide smile as Tao closed his eyes and opened his mouth.

All the time we have been together

Another and another person walked by me

Forgetting you is never, having you is better

You and I are not allowed to say sorry 

When the tears fall down to our cheeks and our hearts are broken

One heart

I tried to reverse the time to review everything

I'm willing to exchange all my happiness for your rainy days

Feel the love in every transformation

I only hope I can't have the same one heart with you

Along with the sunshines, I want to bring you to all over the world to the farthest places

Then take some memorable pictures

So many wishes that still haven't been done yet

Then how are gonna have the same one heart

Cause when I'm with you time and time again

Fierce wind and rainstorm?

You have me standing in front of you

Let's play this game, me and you

Oh, oh, as long as you play with me, oh oh as long as you stay with me

There's no light in the darkness, I lost my way

Tightly holding your hand and not letting go, I will take you home

Baby please don't give up
So can we take a chance again at one heart

Cause when I'm with time and time again

Fierce wind and rainstorm

You have me standing in front of you

Let's play this game me and you

Oh oh, as long as you play with me

Oh oh as long as you stay with me

Embracing you, waiting for the dawn

The one heart feels so warm

I can see future in your eyes

When I'm with you time and time again

Fierce wing and rainstorm

You have me standing in front of you

Let's play this game me and you

Oh oh as long as you play with me 
Oh oh as long as you stay with me

Yifan's mouth dropped open as he turned to Yixing, "Did he...was that?"

Yixing smiled, "Yes, he wrote that and yes that was for you."

Yifan stood, ready to run up of stage when he felt someone grab the back of his shirt. He turned to see Jongdae.

"Wait, he's not done yet."

Yifan turned his attention back to his dazzling Tao on stage, who was staring at back at him.

Tao bowed as the applause died down. He cleared his throat as he moved closer to the microphone.

"Um, that was for my....my husband. Happy birthday Gege. I just wanted to say...." Tao faltered. 
Yifan motioned to him with his hands, showing reassurance with his eyes.

Tao smiled, "I just wanted to thank Yifan for everything that he's done. From calming me down to stealing marshmallows
for me. He was right by my side when I...I was thinking of doing bad things and he set me on the right track. I didn't expect this to happen when I married him. Honestly this was all a big deal to join our kingdoms but I wouldn't have it be any other person. I love you Yifan. I love your flawless hair, your stupid jokes that you tell me when we're alone, your hugs, the way you wake me up in the morning. Hell, I even love Ryu, because he's a part of me and I love every part of you."

Tao stopped, slightly out of breath. Yifan's eyes prickled as tears started to form, threatening to roll down his cheek.

Junmyeon got up, making space for Yifan. The people next to him followed in suit.

They all stood up, clapping as Yifan ran out of the audience and up to the stage. The crowd cheered as he ran to Tao, picking the smaller male up in a hug. He spun as he held Tao close, his tears escaping.

"I love you too Tao, God I love you so much." Yifan whispered as he set Tao down before taking his face in his hands.

Tao grinned as Yifan leaned down for a kiss. What a perfect way to kick off the perfect birthday.