2.1

King [Taoris]

Yifan sighed heavily as he woke up to an empty bed once again. Ever since the incident last week, Tao became distant. It wasn't evident at first but Yifan could tell that he was always thinking about the black demon. As much as Yifan wanted to see that monster dead, he hated how Tao became cold just so he could focus on capturing it. 
Yifan pulled himself out of bed before heading downstairs. He didn't bother getting dressed. He wandered down the halls before stumbling across Jongdae who was heading down to the dining hall.

"Jong, where's Tao?"  Jongdae turned to see Yifan behind him. He frowned when he saw bags under Yifan's eyes. 
"In the library, he's been there since the sun came up trying to find a way to expose a demon. But, hyung are you okay?"

Yifan waved Jongdae's question off as he turned the corner, going the opposite way of Jongdae.

"Wait hyung!" Jongdae sighed as Yifan ignored him, hellbent on getting to the library. Yifan pushed open the doors and sighed in relief when he saw Tao behind a stack of books. Tao looked even worse than Yifan. His eye bags were deep, his face seemed thinner and he looked defeated.

"Tao?" Yifan called out gently, as if trying not to spook a wild animal. Tao slammed a book shut as he looked up. Yifan frowned as he hurried to Tao's side, wrapped his arms around the younger's body holding him close. Tao broke his composure as he hid his face in Yifan's chest, his arms automatically tightening around Yifan's body.

"Hey are you okay? Have you been eating? Sleeping?" Tao shook his head. Yifan sighed as he brought one hand up to the back of Tao's head, gently massaging it with one hand as he rubbed Tao's back with his other hand.

"Tao, listen to me. I know you're angry and I know you really want to catch this demon but you won't. Okay? Not with this attitude. Imagine Yixing, he wouldn't want to see you like this. Tao please, just eat. I will help you find this monster."

Tao looked up, eyes b with tears. Yifan's chest ached as he wiped a stray tear that made its way down Tao's cheek. The library doors swung open causing Tao to whirl around. He relaxed when he saw it was just Sehun. He was balancing two plates as he made his way towards Yifan and Tao.

"I thought I would find you guys here." He said as he set the plates down.  Sehun looked up with a faint smile, "I brought breakfast."

Yifan smiled as he ruffled Sehun's hair, "Thank you."  Tao sniffled as he slowly sat, pulling a plate close to his body. Yifan watched victoriously as Tao started to eat. In minutes the plate was empty. Yifan leaned down and pressed a kiss on the crown of Tao's head, "There we go, aren't you feeling better now?" 

Tao nodded as he stared at the empty plate. Sehun looked at Yifan, "The others are heading down to help look through dad's old books."

Yifan nodded, "Thanks. See Tao? We'll find the demon in no time."

Jongdae groaned loudly as he threw yet another book behind him


Jongdae groaned loudly as he threw yet another book behind him. A pile was growing next to him as he flipped through the pages of old textbooks, journals, notebooks. Anything that might hold a clue on how to find the son of a who killed an innocent young girl. Suddenly Xiumin yelled very loudly from his place in the library, effectively startling everyone. Especially Jongdae who was right next to him. Jongdae turned to Xiumin with a murderous glare.

"You're going to be responsible for when I go deaf."

Xiumin ignored Jongdae as he held a book above his head, "Guys I found it!"

Xiumin cleared his throat as the others gathered around him, "Daemonium de morte, more commonly known as the black demon. It is hard to tell a demon from a human but when shone under a harsh light, the eye of the demon turns black, exposing who it really is."

Tao stood straight up, "Gather the staff, everyone grab a flashlight and meet me at the great hall."

"But Tao its almost midnight." Baekhyun called out, trying to reason with the fuming man.

Tao turned, his eyes burning with fury, "Do it now." He growled lowly before exiting the library, the doors slamming behind him with a loud bang.


Yifan stood silent as he kept an eye on Tao. His heart ached for the sweet boy Tao really was but instead a strict, cold hearted ruler was standing in his place.

"Stable boys, line up before Luhan and Baekhyun. West wing maids line up before Chanyeol and Jongdae, East wing maids, you are with Jongin and Kyungsoo. Kitchen workers, Xiumin and Sehun. And finally garden and field workers, you're with Yifan and myself." Tao announced to the crowd of staff who assembled under their rulers' orders.
It was the middle of the night, many of the maids were yawning, confused on why the princes have called for them so late at night. But nevertheless, they followed orders, each staff member dispersing to their appointed Prince.

Yifan held out a hand for support as Tao jumped off the table. Tao took it and stood close to Yifan as they walked to the crowd of garden and field workers. Yifan turned to Tao, running a hand through his hair. 
"Peach are you okay?" 
"I will be once this stupid demon is dead."

Yifan sighed but pulled out the black flashlight from his pocket. One by one he flashed the light in the workers' eyes, dismissing them to bed if they were clean. Sehun and Xiumin were the first to be done. Soon it was only the garden and field workers left, considering the amount of workers there were compared to the other sections.

"Next." Yifan called out. A young man stepped out, maybe in his early twenties. His hair was tousled and his blue eyes darted between the four princes nervously as he walked towards them. Yifan narrowed his eyes at the bead of sweat that rolled down the side of his head. Tao motioned for the man to step closer, holding the back of his head as he shone the light in his eyes. Tao's breath hitched as the man's eyes glazed over, turning pitch black.

In seconds, the flashlight was on the ground, the man in a death grip in Tao's arms. Tao's hands were positioned around his neck, ready to snap it in a blink of an eye. Yifan's eyes widened as he grabbed Tao's shoulder.

"No Tao, don't kill him."

"Why not?! He killed Jaehyun. A quick death is more than this bastard deserves."

"Tao listen to me. Killing this demon won't make Jaehyun come back to life....it will only make you a killer. And I know you. You are no killer."

Tao stared at Yifan as his grip tightened on the demon.

"Tao...." Yifan whispered.

Tao slumped before releasing the demon. He ran into Yifan's arms, burying his face in his chest. Xiumin caught the demon before he could run away.

"Jongin, Sehun. Take him the the dungeons. A proper punishment will be decided once father comes home." Jongin nodded before disappearing, taking Sehun and the demon with him. Yifan rubbed Tao's back comfortingly as the younger boy sobbed.

"Shh, it's okay."

Yifan calmed the boy before lifting him by his waist. Tao's legs immediately wrapped themselves around Yifan's waist. Xiumin watched as Yifan walked away, holding Tao like a giant baby. Yifan might have been a stranger when they married him to Tao, but there was no other person better for Tao.