0.1

King [Taoris]

Tao smiled as he watched a bird hop from branch to branch. It was a cool June day. The village at the bottom of the hill was bursting with activity. Tao could hear the venders calling out, trying to lure customers. He could hear the yell of the children playing in some field nearby. Tao sat up and reached upwards. He grabbed onto a branch and pulled himself up.

Tao had grown up very nicely. His once chubby fat was shaped into toned muscle. His black frizzy hair was now silky and dyed blonde. Everything about him was tuned to perfection along with the rest of his brothers. They all had increased senses and reflexes. Tao sighed and leaned his head back, resting it against the trunk of the tree. It was peaceful. Peace was rare in the East Kingdom castle. There were many maids, butlers, cooks and trainers rushing around. It didn't help that Tao had four other noisy siblings. Tao closed his eyes as he took in the cool breeze.

"OHH TAAAOOO."

Tao's eyes snapped open as he looked down. His younger brother Sehun was standing underneath the tree, smiling up at him. Tao groaned, his peaceful morning just went down the drain. Tao made his way down the tree and landed on the grass. He stood up and brushed off the grass on his knees.

"What is it?"

"Mom is calling us."

"All of us?"

Sehun nodded. Tao sighed and followed his brother in. Tao loved his mother. Yixing had always been there for him. When Kai stole Tao's puppy, Yixing was the one to get it back. When a dragon fried his favorite tree, Yixing grew another one with the help of a sorcerer. Tao was certainly a mommy's boy. He was made fun of it by his siblings but Tao just ignored them. He knew he had a much closer bond with his mother than the rest of his idiotic brethren.

Tao walked into the main throne room, where they usually gathered when one of their parents called for them. Sehun scampered to his spot between Xiumin and Baekhyun. Tao stood next to Kai and faced his parents. Yixing smiled warmly when he saw Tao. Next to their mother was their father, also known as the King of the east.

Junmyeon smiled, "The day has finally come my boys. I'm very proud of all of you for finishing your training."

Yixing nodded and added on to his husband's words, "Yes, and the time has come for you to showcase what you have learned. Aside from our world, there is another dimension. They don't have supernatural beings like we do. They have cars, phones and other useless things that they need because they are physically incapable. The people that inhabit that dimension are called humans. They look like you and  I but they can't do a quarter of what you can. They're kind of like the village dwellers of this dimension."

Junmyeon fixed his sleeve before continuing, "There is a way between the dimensions, Kai you know very well."

Kai nodded. Tao bit back a laugh when he remembered what had happened. Kai had accidentally teleported to the other dimension and came back crying and saying how scary and mean everyone was.

"Well, a demon has escaped into the human dimension and you need to bring him back."

Xiumin smirked, "With pleasure."
 




"Okay ready everyone?" Kai asked. Everyone nodded. Tao hated teleporting. It felt like he was being ripped apart, one molecule at a time and then hastily taped back together with duck tape. Not to mention the skull pounding headache you get when you reach your destination.

The five of them were wearing some form of school uniforms. Junmyun explained that humans wore all the same clothing to gather and learn about useless things.

Humans were weird creatures.

Tao scanned his surroundings. They seemed to be in a courtyard of some sort.  Kids their age were pouring through the gates and entering the courtyard.

"Ah, this must be a school." Xiumin said, looking around.

"How do you know?" Sehun asked, eyeing a girl walking by.

Kai smacked the back of his head, "Because we read books, unlike you."

Sehun pouted and rubbed the back of his head. Baekhyun looked around nervously, "Okay, we'll split up. Send a mind signal if you find our guy."

Them being siblings gave them a special bond. If they wanted, each individual could broadcast his thoughts to the others. The rest of the guys nodded and each took off in a different direction. Sehun and Kai went in through the front doors while Xiumin went through the garden. Baekhyun headed out to the playing fields while Tao snuck in behind a teacher to the storage rooms.

Tao made his way quickly and quietly through the hallways. He slowed when he felt someone following him. Tao slowed to a stop and stood at his spot. The person behind him stopped as well. Tao took a deep breath before turning around. But the hallway was empty. Tao frowned and kept walking. He got that strange feeling again but this time, he didn't show it. Suddenly Tao stopped and swung his arm back. He smiled victoriously when he felt his arm connect with someone's chest. Tao quickly kicked the legs from underneath that person and pinned them on the floor with his knee.

The boy he pinned was tall. Taller than Tao, but surprisingly easy to pin down. His ears were big and stuck out even more due to the hat he was wearing.

"I'm surprised you felt me following you." The strange boy said.

"Who are you? Why were you following me." Tao ignored what the boy said and asked his own questions.

"Ouch princess, this is really starting to hurt."

Tao scowled at the nickname and pressed down harder with his knee.

"Oh . That actually hurts....wait...it hurts? Humans aren't supposed to be able to hurt me...you're not human!"

Tao's eyes widened as he internally swore. There was no way his cover could have been blown this quickly.

Tao stood up and let the boy go, "I don't know what you're talking about."

The tall boy was about to say something when Tao felt Baekhyun share his thoughts.

"Guys he's on the roof."

Tao ignored the tall boy and raced to the nearest stairs. He made his way up the three levels and joined Sehun as they climbed the stairs towards the roof.

"Baekhyun's already with the guy. He's trying to distract him."

Tao nodded and motioned for Sehun to stay.

"Wait for my signal, I'll go through the window first."

Sehun nodded and Tao raced back down stairs. He stopped in front of an open window and quickly shifted into a small bird. Yixing had taught him how to shift quickly and under pressure, due to the fact that Yixing himself was a shapeshifter. Tao jumped out the window and flew towards the roof. He could see Baekhyun having a standoff with the demon guy. The demon had a sword in each of his hands and Baekhyun was forming light in his palms. Tao dive bombed towards the back of the demon and shifted into a human a second before impact. Tao crashed into the demon and knocked him over. Baekhyun took this opportunity to shoot light at both swords, causing them to clatter away.

Tao stood up grinning, now the demon was completely defenseless. The door swung open and Tao swore.

It was the same guy from before but he had Sehun in a head lock. Another boy, a much shorter one followed but he had Kai in a head lock took. Kai squirmed but stopped moving when the short, wide eyed boy tightened his grip.

The demon cackled, "Oh what an interesting turn of events."

Tao kicked the demon in the head with a deafening kick. The demon slumped to the ground and Tao turned to the boy.

"Who are you? Why are you following us?"

Baekhyun backed up towards Tao.

"Tao, there's three others of them waiting in the staircase. Xiumin just saw them."

Tao nodded slightly to make sure Baekhyun understood that he had gotten the message.

The tall boy smiled, "Give us the demon and we'll let your brothers go."

Tao threw a side glance at Baekhyun.

"Kai, on three teleport out of his hands. Sehun you release your wings. Make sure you hit the guy in the face. Those feathers hurt like a . Baekhyun, shoot lasers at the door and lock it shut. Tao you jump off the building and turn into a bird out of their sight. Then if they use their powers, you take them."

Tao listened carefully to Xiumin's orders.  Xiumin being the oldest meant that he was the leader when they were doing these kinds of missions. He always knew what to do and was dependable. 

"One....two...THREE."

Everything happened in a blur of an eye. Tao backflipped off the building and morphed into a bird, keeping an eye on the two strangers. Baekhyun shot two bolts of light at the door, fusing it shut. Kai teleported behind Baekhyun and Sehun released his wings. The large, feather wings smacked the tall boy in the face and Sehun shot into the air, away from the grasp of the strangers.

The tall boy's face turned red with anger. He held out a hand and Tao saw fire coming out of it. He quickly morphed back into human and stood in front of his brothers. 
Tao held his arms out and tried to absorb the fire into his own body.

He smirked when he saw the tall boy look at his own hands in confusion. Tao shot the guy's fire right back at him. The tall guy slumped to the ground and left the other guy watching with wide eyes. Kai teleported behind him and pressed a pressure point, causing him to pass out immediately. Tao turned his attention to the rooftop door which had ice tendrils crawling from the edges. Tao backed up as the door flew open. Xiumin stood behind the door panting, behind him were three guys frozen in an ice cube.

"We better get these guys to dad."