0.4

King [Taoris]

Tao sat straight up in a cold sweat. He placed a hand over his racing heart, trying to calm himself down. A trickle of sweat rolled down his neck and Tao wiped it away before it fell on his shoulder. Tao didn't remember his nightmare but he knew it had to been bad if he woke up like this. Tao sat for a few more seconds before throwing the covers off his body. He placed one foot on the ground gingerly, hissing when his toes touched the cold stone floor. Tao walked over to his window, pulling at the curtains. It was most probably around 6:00, seeing how the sun was just coming up. Tao pouted, he didn't want to get up this early but he also didn't want to go back to sleep, in case he had another nightmare.

Tao slipped into his fluffy panda slippers and wrapped his cardigan from yesterday around his body before making his way to his parents' chamber. He knocked on the wooden doors, straining his ears for an answer. 
Tao pushed the doors open when he heard no reply. He made his way to his parents' king sized bed and clambered over Junmyeon's or Yixing's body. Tao didn't know who, they were covered by the duvet. Junmyeon groaned as he felt a body slip into covers next to him. He peeked one eye open to see his third youngest son snuggled warmly in between Yixing and him.

"Tao baby...what are you doing here?" He asked groggily. Tao turned to his dad when he heard him calling out for him.

"I had a bad dream daddy." Tao replied pouting slightly, scared that his dad might force him to go back to his own room. Yixing cooed and ran his fingers through Tao's blonde hair. Tao smiled and snuggled into his mom.

Junmyeon frowned, "Why won't you ever snuggle with me?"

Tao stuck his tongue out at his dad, "Because mommy is more comfortable."

Junmyeon frowned and started tickling Tao. Tao gasped and started laughing, "Dad! No stop!" He said in between breaths. Junmyeon just ignored his son as he continued his vicious tickle attack on Tao.

He finally stopped and smiled triumphantly, "That'll teach ya' not to mess with King Junmyeon."

Yixing rolled his eyes, "Oh please. You're giving yourself too much credit."

Junmyeon was about to say something but the chamber doors creaked open. Tao looked up to see Sehun standing by the doorway, hair stuck up in all directions while rubbing his eyes with his hand.

"Dammit Tao beat me."
Sehun pouted.

"Come here baby....there's room for one more."

"WHAT ABOUT THREE MORE?!"

Tao jumped when he heard Kai scream.

Kai pushed past Sehun and jumped onto the bed and landed on Tao. Tao groaned and pushed his heavy brother off of him. Baekhyun quickly followed and landed on top of Tao and Kai. Sehun shrugged and quickly jumped onto the bed, being careful to avoid Tao who was staring daggers at Kai and Baekhyun.

Junmyeon grunted and pushed Sehun off of him, "Okay where's the fifth devil?"

Xiumin popped his head in, "Hey. Howya doing?" 

Yixing laughed and motioned him over. Xiumin lit up and raced towards the already full bed. He took a leap and landed on Kai, Sehun and Baekhyun causing him to get sworn at by multiple people. Yixing cooed at the sight of all five of his kids huddled under the blanket, "Awh....look at you guys. Junmyeon doesn't it remind you of the days when they were just little babies?"

Junmyeon sighed, "Yea...back when they fit into my hand and didn't speak....or wear eyeliner."

He glared at Baekhyun when he said the last part of the sentence. Baekhyun just smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

"Moommyy??" Tao leaned into his mom. Yixing hummed a reply as he started played with Tao's hair.

"I don't want to go in that honeymoon."

Baekhyun gasped, "And miss out on an opportunity to get a piece of that sweet as-" he was cut off by Junmyeon glaring at him.

Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Uh sorry....kinda got carried away there."

Yixing laughed and continued Tao's hair, occasionally placing a kiss on top of his head. "It's fine Tao, I just don't want to push you to do something you don't want to. Besides, you already made me so proud by agreeing to all of this marriage and alliance stuff."

Tao just nodded and enjoyed his mother's soothing touch. The family laid in silence before Junmyeon spoke up.

"Kids I forgot, you have to show the other princes around the village and kingdom."

He got 5 large groans as an answer.

 

The ten princes gathered in the main lobby, all freshly showered and dressed



The ten princes gathered in the main lobby, all freshly showered and dressed. They hadn't had lunch, but instead was planning to eat in the village. The villagers were more than happy to feed their young princes, Sehun being a favorite. They always loved his aegyo and the way he faked a slight lisp to make them feed him more food.

Baekhyun looked around, "There's so many of us."

Xiumin smirked at Kai, "Buddy system?"

Kai nodded, "Buddy system."

Tao sighed as he walked up to Yifan.  "I guess I'll show you around."

Yifan smiled slightly, "I would like that."

Sehun was talking to Jongdae, already laughing about some prank Jongdae had pulled on Kyungsoo. Tao prayed that Jongdae's mischievous behavior wouldn't run off on Sehun. Xiumin was flirting with Luhan, the boy he had his eye on ever since they came to the castle. Kai was already walking away with Kyungsoo. Tao was surprised to see how shy Baekhyun was acting with Chanyeol. Usually the smaller male blurted out whatever was on his mind but today he was being somewhat modest. The ten of them set off down the path towards the village. Tao was excited to go, he hadn't eaten the special village snacks in so long. Ranging from freshly fried dough to grilled meat on a stick, Tao loved it all. He remembers from when he was a child, running along the streets with the other children laughing and playing. He loved the special treatment he got, especially if he got free food.

Yifan watched Tao go on about his kingdom with a slight smile adorning his already perfect face. Yifan found the younger male absolutely adorable, which was rare for him. Yifan had very high standards and usually preferred women but something about Tao caused all his walls to come crashing down. Yifan chuckled as Tao tripped over a tree root as he showed him the outer parts of the village.

"Guys lets split up." Xiumin yelled as he dragged Luhan away. Tao rolled his eyes but nodded.

Kai's face lit up as he led Kyungsoo to another part of the village.

"Wait you idiots! When do we meet back?" Baekhyun called out to his three bothers that already walked away.

Yifan chuckled as no one answered the small male, causing him to stamp his foot on the ground childishly.

Tao grinned, "Ignore him. Come on, I want you to meet someone."

Yifan nodded and followed the younger boy through the streets were people bustled around carrying baskets filled to the brim with food or flowers, cages containing exotic animals and the occasional weapon. Tao led him down a narrow street. The noise got gradually quieter as they walked farther away from the main courtyard.

Tao stopped in front of a rickety house and knocked on the door.

"Grammy?" Tao called out as he knocked again. Minutes passed before the door opened to a small girl in pigtails. She smiled widely showing off her missing teeth when she saw Tao. She was small, not even coming up to Yifan's waist. She seemed young too, probably around four years old.

Tao grinned as the girl squealed and attached herself on her.

"Peach!" The girl called as she wrapped her arms around Tao's neck.

Tao chuckled as he propped the girl on his waist, "Hey baby, where's Grammy?"

The girl pointed a finger inside the house. Tao squished her cheeks and pressed a kiss on her forehead before putting her down. He leaned down and walked under the short doorway. Yifan bent down as well and followed. The house was even smaller on the inside, there was one room in the whole house. A side door led to a tiny courtyard where an old woman was sitting in making something as she sang.

Tao grinned when he saw her, "Yifan, this is Grammy. When I was four, I got lost in the village. She found me while I was crying and brought me to her house before contacting the guards that I was here. I've been visiting her since."

Yifan walked into the courtyard and bowed politely as the woman stopped singing. She smiled widely when she saw Tao. Tao leaned down and wrapped his arms around the old woman. Yifan smiled as he watched Tao interact with the woman. He fussed over her health while using aegyo to get her to feed her some of the things she was making. Yifan was an observer. He liked watching from a distance before getting involved in things. He loved watching Tao though. The younger boy seemed to have a little hop behind everything that he did. Always smiling, always laughing.

It was a personality that was the literate opposite of Yifan's but Yifan didn't mind. It was a new change and he kind of enjoyed it.

"Tao who's this?" The woman finally brought attention to Yifan.

Yifan bowed again before lowering himself down to the ground, not caring if he dirtied his white pants.

"I am Wu Yifan, Crown Prince of the east kingdom. I am also Tao's fiancé."
Tao gasped and smacked Yifan's arm.

"Why did you say that?!" Tao hissed. Yifan smirked and winked at the blushing boy before turning his attention back to the cooing woman.

"Aw, Tao why didn't you tell me you're getting married! I ought to cut you off from my rice cakes."

Tao pouted, "No! I love your rice cakes Grammy. Besides its the whole prince thing. An arranged marriage to bring together two strong kingdoms."

The old woman frowned, "Unfortunate, I knew you getting a man this handsome was to good to be true."

"Grammy!" 









 

"Tao we should get going, it's growing dark."

Grammy nodded, "Yes, you can visit another day." 
Tao frowned, "But I don't want to go!"

Grammy pinched his cheeks, "Go now and I'll send some rice cakes to you."

Tao's eyes lit up as he sprang from his seat.

"I'll see you later!" He called as he hurried out of the house. Yifan chuckled and was about to leave when he felt a hand on his forearm. He turned around to see Grammy holding on to him, tears in her eyes.

"Grammy? What's wrong?"

"Take care of him Yifan, I have a feeling that I can't anymore."

Yifan's eyes widened as he nodded slowly. Grammy wasn't a young woman, she must of sensed her end coming near.

"I will Grammy. Don't worry."

Grammy smiled, relief written all over her face. She patted Yifan's cheek before letting him go. Yifan squeezed her hand once more before leaving. He joined Tao who was waving goodbye to the little girl. 

"Let's go!" Tao said, walking up the street. Yifan walked next to him, smirking slightly.

"So, Peach is it?"