1.8

King [Taoris]

Tao shivered as he pulled his feet up close to his body. He was woken by the booming thunder. It took him no time to slip out of bed and grab a chair, and head out to the balcony.  Tao loved rain. It was comforting to him. To close his eyes and listen to the gentle patter of the rain hitting the ground, not to mention the cool breeze and the wonderful smell of ozone. A flash of light lit up the sky followed by a crash of thunder. Tao smiled as he watched as the wind blew through the trees, causing them to bend slightly.

"Tao?"

Tao turned to see a half asleep Yifan stumbling towards him. He smiled as he slid to the side on his bench, patting the free spot next to him. 
"Here, sit."

Yifan nodded and slumped on the bench. Tao chuckled and moved his hand up to caresses Yifan's cheek. Yifan made a rumbling noise as he leaned into Tao's touch. Tao smiled and gently guided Yifan's head to his lap. Yifan sighed contently as he rested his head in Tao's lap. He closed his eyes as Tao played with his messy hair. He shivered as he felt Tao's slender fingers his scalp, slowly massaging it.

"How was your sleep?" Tao asked, still massaging Yifan's scalp. 

"Good." He mumbled.

They sat in silence after that. Yifan slowly opened an eye, observing Tao without him noticing. Tao was looking out into the forest, his natural black hair hung on his forehead. Tao sniffed as he looked around, his pupils darting in all directions as if he was looking for something. From this angle, Yifan could not see things that he has never noticed before. Like how his lips natural curl upwards, but not as much as Jongdae's. Or how his eyes had bags under them which gave everyone the impression of a panda but Yifan noticed how his eyes were narrow like a cat. Or his button nose. God, Yifan loved Tao's nose, it was adorable just like the rest of Tao.

"You done staring?"

Yifan jumped when Tao suddenly spoke up.
"W-what? No I wasn't staring!"
"Okay Yifan, whatever you say."
Tao giggled as Yifan hid his face in embarrassment.
Tao ran his fingers through Yifan's hair one last time before patting his waist. 
"Come on, let's get breakfast."


"Nice of you two lovebirds to join us."

"Shut up Jongdae."

Tao took a seat next to Luhan. Luhan kept his eyes on Yifan as he pouted at Chanyeol who took the spot on the other side of Tao before making his way to the other side of the table. Tao sipped milk from his cup as he looked around, trying to figure out what he wanted to eat. Luhan leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"What did you do to my brother?"

"Hmm?" Tao turned to face Luhan, a spoon sticking out of his mouth. Luhan forcefully pulled the spoon out of Tao's mouth, "You're so cute. I'm talking about Yifan. Why is he so clingy?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Yifan was holding your waist when you two walked into the room and don't make me mention that kiss you two shared yesterday."

Tao froze as his cheeks started turning light pink. Luhan lit up, "I knew it! You like Yifan! I sensed your thoughts but I wasn't a hundred percent su-"

Tao's eyes widened as he covered Luhan's mouth, "Shut up! Seriously could you be any louder."

Luhan nodded, his mouth still covered by Tao's hand. Tao scoffed and pulled his hand away. 
"Okay maybe I'm starting to feel....something towards Yifan but honestly it doesn't matter."

"It doesn't matter? It DOESN'T MATTER? Tao you two are married for god's sake so don't you give me that crap."

"Exactly, so whether he knows my feelings or not, it doesn't change anything."

"Uh correction it does." 

Tao jumped when he heard Chanyeol speak up from his right.

"Were you listening this whole time?!" Tao hissed.

"I'm literally two feet away from you and you guys aren't that quiet."

Tao rolled his eyes as Chanyeol continued, "You see, if you tell him that you like him then you can act like you're really married! You can hug him and cuddle him and kiss up and f-"

"I GET IT." Tao cut off Chanyeol before he could finish his sentence. Luhan turned towards his brother, "Okay then Mr. Love guru, what are you going to do about Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol froze, his eyes wide like a deer caught under the car light. "W-what about Baekhyun?"

Tao smirked, the ball was now in his court, "I know you're head over heels about my brother. You have been since the day you came to my kingdom.....which was five months ago. So Channie? When are you going to make your move?"

It was at this moment, Chanyeol realized Tao's true colors. Underneath that facade of an innocent, adorable 18 year old was a boy who knew how to play his cards, someone who was incredibly smart and sneaky, which is a deadly combination. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and leaned closer, "When you do."

"Fine we'll make the move together!"

"Fine!"

Tao faltered, "You're making the move first. When you and Baekhyun get together, then I'm telling Yifan."

"Why?!"

"Because...you're older?"

Chanyeol groaned, "You're such a brat."

"And Baekhyun isn't?" Tao smiled and held out his hand for Luhan to high five. Chanyeol shuffled in his seat, "Hey at least he's cute! You're n..."

He faltered when Tao batted his eyelashes.

"I hate you."

Yifan opened his mouth to something but was cut off by Tao slamming a hand over his mouth


Yifan opened his mouth to something but was cut off by Tao slamming a hand over his mouth.

"Shh!" Tao shushed him and slowly pushed the door open. He froze when he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting together on a bench outside.

"What are we doing here?" Yifan whispered.

Tao thought before answering, "Just making sure he keeps his promise."

"What promise?"

Tao gestured towards Chanyeol holding a rose to Baekhyun. Yifan smiled, "That bastard is finally doing it."

Tao turned to Yifan confused, "Wait? You know?"

"Of course! He wouldn't stop talking about Baekhyun since they met. It's about time he grew a pair and asked him out."

They watched intently through the crack of the door as Chanyeol slid off the bench, kneeling down on one knee.

Tao squealed and patted Yifan's shoulder excitingly, "He's doing it! He's doing it!!!"

Yifan watched Tao smile. His attention was focused back on Chanyeol when he heard Baekhyun squeal. The shorter boy nodded and threw himself on Chanyeol, wrapping his arms around his neck. Tao smiled widely as he watched Chanyeol place his hands on Baekhyun's waist.

He gasped, "Gege! Oh my god Gege! They're going to kiss!" Yifan chuckled as he back hugged Tao, still keeping an eye on his brother and his love interest.

Chanyeol leaned down, meeting Baekhyun's lips. Tao clapped excitingly, forgetting that this was a private moment between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two pulled away confused and looked in the direction of Tao and Yifan.

Yifan stiffened as he grabbed Tao's hand, "And this is when we run."