CHAPTER 9 [The Sleepover: Mothers’ Intrusion Pt. 1/2]

Love Me Like It's Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*

 

 

 “Your house is spacious, huge even, but there is definitely something that lacks in this household…” Mama Choi mumbled with furrowed eyebrows, her eyes were scanning the whole area and her arms were crossed over her chest. Jeonghan stood beside Seungcheol, eyes following Mama Choi’s line of vision. Meanwhile, Seungcheol’s arm was draped over his waist as if protecting him from the two mothers.

Jeonghan blushed at the thought.

Stupid! Why would you even need protection from them? Seungcheol must have put his arms around me unconsciously. Yeah, that’s it!

“…but it is not the least child-friendly, and it lacks the family vibes,” Mama Yoon mused, earning a delightful smile from Mama Choi for her help.

Mama Choi clasped her hands together, seemingly getting excited. “Yes, you got that right! Our grandchild would probably just opt to float rather than to crawl in this house when he reached eight months! I mean, look at those sharp edges?”

Float, really? Jeonghan cringed at the two mothers’ exaggeration.

“Baby-proofing, and what else? Oh, a baby room and a playroom!”

“Yes! That and—”

“Hey, the baby isn’t even born yet,” Seungcheol finally decided to intervene. There was an amused smile tugged onto his lips as he looked at the mothers. “As much as we would like to hear about your suggestions, Jeonghan and I will do something about that once we’ve already decided on what to do. Right, Han?” Seungcheol looked at him with a smile, showing off his cute set of dimples that Jeonghan had started to develop a fascination to. He liked seeing how his cheeks would produce the cute curves whenever he smiled. It’s as if that whenever those creases show, Seungcheol was genuinely happy. And that thought brought rays of sunshine in his heart.

“Yeah, I agree with Seungcheol. I mean, we’re already thankful enough for the truck of toys and baby clothes you bought for us today…” Jeonghan couldn’t help but to emphasize the product of the mothers’ excitement, voice filled with both amusement and glee.

Come to think of it, they were already this excited even with just a thought of a baby on his tummy, what more else if the actual baby was born?

Well, it’s not that he actually had a baby inside his tummy to give birth with. But still… “Uhm, so yeah, we’ll talk about it soon.”

Mama Choi scoffed and clung her arm onto Mama Yoon’s and looked at her with unbreakable determination in her eyes. “These two need our guidance the most. I was thinking if we should just stay here until our Jeonghannie gives birth?”

“Mom!” The two of them chorused in protest, eyes bulging due to the unexpected thought.

Mama Choi’s eyebrow raised before she started walking onto the expensive couches and sat down, with Mama Yoon quietly trailing on her and also sat down. The two of them had no choice but to sit down side by side as well.

“We just want to make sure that Jeonghan and the baby will be safe until he gives birth. Is that too much to ask?” Mama Yoon asked in a solemn voice that Jeonghan felt a burning sensation at the pit of his stomach. He felt guilty for making his mother feel sad and unwanted.

“But what about our privacy?” Seungcheol asked, now already calmer than he was a while ago.

“We promise not to invade your privacy, son,” Mama Choi quickly answered. “We’ll just be here to make sure that—”

“Still a ‘no’, mom. I’m sorry,” Seungcheol said with finality but was not anything disrespectful. Suddenly, he looked uncomfortable and slightly tensed up. “Jeonghan and I… we’re… we’re building our own family. And by ‘own’, I mean just the two of us. I mean—ugh! You get it already, right?” Frustration was evidently written all over his face and Jeonghan clearly knew why he was feeling that way. Unconsciously, he took one of Seungcheol’s hands and held it tight.

The way Seungcheol had badly treated him before was only known by Seungcheol, him, and Nanny Park. The nanny had long been wanting to tell their parents about it, but Jeonghan would always beg her not to, saying he could handle it and that he didn’t want Seungcheol to look bad in their parents’ eyes. He didn’t want to put his husband in a situation where in he would be criticized for doing something that was just normal for a person who felt betrayed and was deeply angered. Call him stupid and ignorant, but he clearly understood Seungcheol’s actions.

The mothers looked at each other with a sigh.

“I’m sorry to you both. We’re just so excited we forgot that you’re all grown up,” Mama Choi mumbled apologetically, a regretful smile was plastered on her face while Mama Yoon gave them an apologetic look as if she just finally realized that they were indeed all grown up. “But since we’re already here, I hope we’re at least allowed to sleepover?”

Jeonghan beamed and nodded his head a little too hyper than usual. “Of course! You’re very much welcome to our house. I missed bonding with you both,” he genuinely replied. He looked at his husband and meekly smiled. “Seungcheol-ah, you wouldn’t mind, right?”

“Of course, if it’s okay with you then it’s okay with me as well,” Seungcheol answered and he fought the urge to squeak when his husband suddenly lifted their entwined hands and kissed the back of his hand. Jeonghan swore he could feel the blood in his neck go upwards up to his whole face.

“Omo! Sanghee-ssi, you didn’t inform me that your son is this sweet,” Mama Yoon commented which made his cheeks feel so hot, so hot that he could rival a volcano eruption. He immediately retreated his hands from Seungcheol’s grasp and covered his mouth with his hand, avoiding his husband’s gaze.

“Y-yah…” he shyly mumbled, his free hand lightly hit Seungcheol’s chest.

A stifled laugh emerged from Seungcheol, followed by the mothers’ boisterous laughter. Jeonghan lowered his head and bit his lip from embarrassment.

Why was he embarrassed? He did not clearly know why.

Maybe, it’s because he just was not used to Seungcheol being overly sweet, plus the fact that their mothers were openly teasing them about it. Also, maybe because a part of him had long been wanting to experience the sweet gesture. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter