CHAPTER 4 [But I Can't Pretend...]

Love Me Like It's Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*

 

 

Seungcheol was driving on his way to an expensive restaurant to have his late lunch. Occasionally, like twice or thrice a month, he’d have his fair share of dates during lunch time on business days and that day was no exemption.

Yeongmi, a young socialite who he met at a bar probably about two weeks ago or so, dropped him a message and was asking when could they meet again.  Seungcheol pondered for a while, trying to trace back how exactly she looked like because frankly speaking, he had a lot of women he met and dated that it had become difficult for him to remember their faces and sometimes their names. They all kind of resemble each other, anyway. Tall, curvy, liberated, and uses thick layer of make-up to outdo one another. And this Yeongmi wasn’t anything different, was she?

A grin was plastered on his face before typing back a reply to ask her for a lunch date, and boy, how wide his grin become when she immediately agreed! He smirked upon thinking he’d surely have a good time later, with this girl being too wildly good in bed based on his experience (he now remembered how she looked like and how she performed in bed) and he couldn’t wait for it.

He’s a guy, for Pete’s sake. He had his needs, specifically ual needs, and the fact that he’s married wouldn’t stop him from having so. His face turned grim upon thinking of Jeonghan, his overly kind wife. Sometimes he’s wondering how Jeonghan could keep up with his arrogance, how Jeonghan could have so much patience that it irked him more to act worse than he already did with him. Was Jeonghan just naturally kind, or was he just acting and enduring because he had a motive? It intrigued him about how Jeonghan would defend him from Nanny Park like he’s the most innocent person in the planet when it’s crystal clear that he did something bad to him, or when Jeonghan wouldn’t even blame him if he got hurt because Seungcheol pushed him or he got shoved away.

Nevertheless, the way he viewed Jeonghan wouldn’t be swayed no matter what kindness he showed. Who knows, the pretty guy might just be enduring all of it for a great price at his expense. He wouldn’t risk being with a guy who suddenly came into his life and practically ruined his life; the guy who almost made him insane.

He shook his head and cleared his thoughts. He wouldn’t want to ruin his mood when he’s about to get a good time, would he?

The travel was a good 10-minute drive away from his office, and since he already had a reservation courtesy of his reliable secretary, it wouldn’t be much of a bother for him to find a good seat. The waiter guided him at the far-end of the restaurant, a VVIP section where he could clearly see who’s going in and out of the said place, but those people wouldn’t be able to see him. A type of place he’d go into when he dates: a place secluded from people’s prying eyes and intriguing glances. He knew that if he went to a public place with a date who’s not his wife, his face would be the cover of tomorrow’s newspaper. And he didn’t need that type of bad publicity.

 The place was cozy and the ambience felt good, so he relaxed himself while waiting for Yeongmi. He was tapping his fingers through his phone, typing a message for her when a sound of high heels hitting the marbled floor and seemed to be going onto his direction was heard. Seungcheol grinned and perked his head up, and he was met by Yeongmi’s seductive smile. The woman was wearing heavy make-up and a very daring red, hot dress with a plunging neckline which proudly and teasingly flaunted her huge s.

Whew.

He stood up and offered her a seat, but not before giving her a light squeeze. Yeongmi chuckled and held his hand. Her hands were soft and smooth. “Later, baby,” she said seductively and winked at him.

Enticed by her teasing, Seungcheol smirked and nodded, his lips subconsciously before going back to his seat.

 

***

 

To say that Jeonghan was happy when he took a look at his friend’s face was an understatement. Jun, his best friend since diaper days, was standing a foot away from him, a grin was plastered on his face. He was posing like a model on magazine which made him chuckle. “Yah, stop it. You look funny,” he teased.

“I do?” Jun asked comically, eyebrows going up and down, his hands on his chest, obviously faking a shock. Jun sure knew how to act. “Well… won’t you give your best friend a hug?”

As if on cue, Jeonghan stood up and merrily embraced his friend. He made sure to hug him tight, because why not? This guy was as late as ever!

“Yah, Wen Junhui! You made me wait again. You’re such a diva as always,” Jeonghan muttered with a slight pout on his lips. Jun surely loves arriving late and if only he could bring a red carpet to walk along, he surely would because that’s how he just was.

Jun chuckled before he broke off the hug. “Ow, I think my bones were crushed, you must have missed me so much,” Jun whined, massaging his shoulders. “It’s just for ten minutes, angel,” he defended himself with a sly smile. Jeonghan rolled his eyes at the endearment and went back to his seat. Jun sat as well and when their eyes met, they just suddenly bursted out laughing without any specific reason at all.

Well, that’s how they were. Their friendship was one of the purest and weirdest in all ways possible. “So… how’s China?” he asked. His friend went back to his country for three months and he surely did miss his best friend so much though they never fail to talk over the phone.

Jun shrugged his shoulders. “Still the same, pollution everywhere, but still a happy place.”

“And Minghao?”

Jun blushed at the mention of the said guy which made Jeonghan chuckle. Jun pouted and answered, “Still chasing. That noodle-head is one heck of a guy, you know? He said he’s not into guys but I saw him almost drooling over my topless body one time we were at the beach, yet he said he’s straight. Just what the heck, right?”

Jeonghan furrowed his brows, confused. “Still chasing? But I thought you told me the other day that he’s your boyfriend—”

“—he is, but he just wouldn’t accept it.” Jun interjected. “I already considered him my boyfriend since that’s where our relationship will end one day, right? That I’m very sure of,” he explained, full of confidence. Jeonghan just shook his head in amusement and took a sip of his juice. “Yah, what’s with that reaction? If only I didn’t know you’re married, I would think you’re in love with me and you’re jealous,” Jun teased, his eyebrows bobbing up and down.

Jeonghan laughed and playfully punched him on his chest. “As if! You’re so not my type,” he said and stuck his tongue out to his friend. “You’re way too loud and annoying.”

“Oh, please,” Jun rolled his eyes. “I’m way too loveable than your husband who doesn’t seem to know how to smile at me whenever we meet.”

Jeonghan froze. He suddenly remembered a scene on their wedding day, during the after-party at the grand ballroom of one of the hotels the Choi family own. He was talking with Jun because he didn’t want to ruin the party’s mood through crying on one corner when it was his wedding day because of his husband’s promise during the ceremony.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter