CHAPTER 14 [Your voice is heaven but it hurts; your words are memories but they burn]

Love Me Like It's Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14 [Your voice is heaven but it hurts; your words are memories but they burn]

 

*

 

Jeonghan smiled as he snuggled closer to the source of the comfortable warmth enveloping him in a hug. With his eyes closed, mind disoriented and half-asleep, he squirmed as he adjusted the position of his head until he finally found the perfect spot which made his smile even wider. He liked the minty cinnamon scent and the comfortable touch of it against his skin. It was warm and nice and relaxing and very, very comfy. He could live forever curled up against it and never complain, he thought.

Ah, this feels nice…

He unconsciously sniffed and buried his face deeper into it, relishing every second of the good feeling.

“Enjoying yourself too much, sleeping beauty? Your drool’s all over my chest,” a teasing voice interrupted the evanescent bliss he’s absorbed into.

Slowly opening his eyes, he was greeted by the most handsome face he had ever laid his eyes on. Sporting on a teasing smile was Seungcheol whose eyes were filled with mischief, like he knew something he shouldn’t. “You were slobbering, wife.”

Huh?

Jeonghan’s face was painted bright pink as Seungcheol’s words finally dawned upon him. It also did not help how close their bodies were, or rather, how he was affectionately curled up against the other. And just as fast as his heart was beating, he swiftly detached himself from the other, wiping the sides of his mouth furiously with his hands in embarrassment. But he froze in bewilderment when his husband’s amused laughter filled the four corners of the room.

It sounded like a beautiful music in his ears that he felt the urge to get his phone and record every sound of it, make it his ringtone and listen to it every single second of the day to alleviate his mood. He fought the urge to smile.

All these crazy emotions only Seungcheol can trigger. Ah…

He jerked when Seungcheol lightly pinched his cheek, so light he almost did not feel it if not for the natural reaction of his body. “I was just kidding, Han. You weren’t drooling, not even a single drop,” he chortled, wiping the corners of his eyes. Seungcheol’s cheeks were slightly pink when he finally calmed down, but playfulness was still visible in his eyes, though.

“Argh! Seungcheol, y-you’re already teasing me first thing in the morning!” Jeonghan scowled, attempting to show he was pissed, to hide his flustered face. He pulled the duvet covering their ness to hide himself. His face felt so hot, and his heart was beating erratically.

“Oh, now you want my body exposed, huh? I bet you’re aiming for another round.”

Jeonghan gasped, feeling scandalized at Seungcheol’s vulgar words.

“Seungcheol!” he cried. What in the world is happening?!

A boisterous laughter once again filled the room, but as much as he wanted to hear the other’s melodious and hypnotizing laugh, he couldn’t bear the embarrassment any longer. He was too flustered to even let an inch of his face show up from the shield of the duvet. Although he was wondering why Seungcheol was in a sudden playful mode, his whole being just wanted to stop the other from teasing him any further.

It also did not help how they were both , though he’s pretty much sure it’s just a normal thing for a married couple. And that’s the problem, they weren’t just a normal married couple, so waking up lying side by side with nothing underneath was something unusual for him. Because usually, after they did it, Seungcheol would automatically tell him to leave his room immediately. So technically, after the was over, Jeonghan would normally wake up alone in his own room as if nothing happened. But the circumstance was different today, plus the fact that Seungcheol’s mischief was causing his system (and his feelings) to go haywire.

He wondered if it was because of their date last night.

Last night…

Memories of the other night whirred back to him. The lustrous moans, the delightful way of being taken… He felt his face turn beet red.

The events that occurred last night was a dream come true. From the foods they ate, the musicians his husband hired, the romantic ambience of the restaurant, the sweet melody from the music that led them to dance…

While they were dancing, something about the touch of their skin against each other sparked an igniting flame within their bodies, and Jeonghan clearly observed that. After the dance, they decided to immediately head home, and they both clearly knew why there was an urgent need to do that.

A heated kiss sealed their silent understanding of what they wanted to do upon arriving at their room. They touched, d, and caressed each other while each other’s name, drowned into the heat of the moment. Jeonghan clearly remembered how gentle the other was, yet never making him forget to feel the intensity of his desire, of how much he wanted him. Seungcheol made him feel like he’s the most expensive gem to exist – desired, loved, and taken care of. Every touch that Seungcheol did tickled him in a very arousing and sensual way that he found himself louder than the usual.

Indeed, it was a night filled with passion and he hoped, with love as well. It was almost perfect, if not for the lack of the words he had long been wanting to hear.

People say often that actions are more important than words, but to Jeonghan, if there’s a lack in words then he might just assume, misinterpret, and misunderstand. He needed an assurance because after all, since the beginning of their marriage, he found out—albeit the hard way—that Seungcheol oftentimes acted the opposite of what he was feeling. Those times included the days when Jeonghan fell ill, and although Seungcheol wore an expression as if he wanted to murder him, he would still call the family doctor just to make sure he’s okay.

Or when Jeonghan thought that Seungcheol was happy whenever he went home because he would smile at him and gave him lustful looks. But it would turn out that he was just drunk and he just wanted his body all night long to appease his ual needs until they were both too exhausted to get up, especially him. He thought that when they have , he would at least finally feel special because Seungcheol seemed to be worshipping every part of his body, but no, he actually felt the exact opposite. Those times made him feel so low of himself, like he was just a e in his husband’s life – only needed to attend to his ual needs. And then when the other fell asleep, he would murmur his ex-girlfriend’s name and Jeonghan’s heart would break into pieces.

But last night was really different. And special, at least for him it was.

“Hey, what are the naughty things you’re thinking that makes you so red?”

Jeonghan flinched as he didn’t realize that Seungcheol had already pulled the duvet off his face and was already staring at him as he reminisce about the events last night.

“My ert wife.”

Jeonghan clenched his fists as he frowned and glared at the other. “You—”

But he didn’t manage to finish his words for Seungcheol suddenly enveloped him into a warm embrace. And with their bodies so close to each other, their warm skin brushing against each other, Jeonghan’s heart was thumping crazily he was afraid it was trying to escape from his chest.

He felt the other kiss the top of his head. “I’m sorry, I just like seeing your flustered face. You look cute when you’re in between flustered, pissed, and shy. I couldn’t help myself,” he explained as he buried his face in his hair. Jeonghan’s body quivered because there was a tingling electric sensation that ran throughout the course of his whole body.

“S-Seungcheol…”

“Hmm?”

“Stop sniffing my hair.”

The other chuckled, but didn’t really stop. “I’m sorry. Your hair smells so good. Hmm.”

Jeonghan’s face scrunched up in disbelief. “Weirdo, I haven’t even taken a bath yet.”

“Oh, are you suggesting we go take a bath together—aw!” Seungcheol immediately let go of him and massaged his tummy which Jeonghan nudged with his elbow.

“Stop teasing me already!” he shrieked, frustrated and face very red. “My fist might just kiss your face in an instant.”

Seungcheol smilingly raised both his hands, “Okay, okay. God, I’m honestly starting to think you’re turning into a wifezilla,” he said with a chuckle as he slowly got up from the bed. “I’m just going to take a shower, I’ll be quick.” And off he went.

Watching the other’s retreating back, Jeonghan took a deep breath and let out a long sigh, suddenly feeling so tired, yet so elated at the same time.

Calm down, dear heart. You’ve been waiting awfully long for this kind of moment to happen.

A small smile made its way onto his lips. So this is actually what it feels, huh?

And it felt really good, to wake up and find your husband lying next to you, tease each other and just be comfortable that you are around each other…

A loud beep interrupted his thoughts. He knew it was his phone so he lay down on his stomach and lazily fumbled his hand through the night stand next to the bed and took his phone. He turned the gadget on and saw a text message from Jun.

‘Morning! How’d the date go? Tell me, tell me!’

Jeonghan cringed. “Huh, isn’t it too early to disturb me, Jun…” he whispered, but typed a reply nonetheless.

‘Everything’s great! Will call you later, okay?’

“Your mom?”

Jeonghan flinched, almost dropping his phone. He turned his face around and found his husband’s face just a few inches from his, leaning and squinting as if trying to read his conversation with his friend. “Hey, how light are your footsteps that I didn’t even hear you coming?” he hit the other lightly on his chest as he tried to sound mad but he knew he failed big time. There was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter