CHAPTER 21 [I’m awake but I still dream of chasing you]

Love Me Like It's Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 21 [I’m awake but I still dream of chasing you]

 

*

“Do you intentionally avoid going back to Seoul because of Seungcheol? Hannie, no matter what you do, no matter how much you avoid him, your paths will still cross again. He’s the father of your children, and you cannot take it away from him.”

“No. He’s just a donor, Jun.”

“What? Goodness! Did that just really come from you? Sometimes, I really wonder where the old Jeonghan went.”

“He’s dead. Choi Seungcheol killed him.”

 

*

 

Jeonghan watched as Seungcheol continued to pace forwards and backwards, consumed with anger and frustration. Grinding his teeth and clenching his fists, he casted angry looks at everything his eyes caught. Then he abruptly stopped, marched towards him until they’re only inches apart, eyes never leaving his. He bravely held his gaze, determined not to show any sign of weakness that he was sure the other would slyly use against him.

“What do you mean that you’re going back to Boston with the kids? That’s absurd!” said Seungcheol in a tone of outrage and frustration.

Jeonghan blew air with his mouth, his patience wearing thin. He sat at the nearest chair he found and stared at the other with boredom on his face that he made sure the other would notice. He crossed his legs and once again, took a deep breath before he said, “As I told you, we only came here to notify you and the elders about our kids. For you to know each other, and for them to believe me that they have a father. I never intended to stay here. Besides, you can always visit them in Boston. What’s the use of your private jets? Come whenever you want, I won’t prohibit you.”

Seungcheol’s brows almost formed a straight line. He could see the tension building on his shoulders. “Can you hear yourself, Jeonghan? Come whenever I want?”

Jeonghan raised a brow. “Yeah, that’s just what I said.”

Dismayed, Seungcheol shook his head. “You’re unbelievable.”

Jeonghan’s lips formed into a thin line. He was starting to really lose his temper. “Listen, if you don’t agree with my terms—”

“My parents, especially my dad with his condition, could not just go abroad whenever we feel like visiting my children. You’re well aware about that, aren’t you?”

The room was met with total silence. He never thought about that… No, he actually didn’t consider that, in all honesty.

And just when he was about to compromise, Seungcheol suddenly dropped a bomb - a bomb that he had always been aware that would detonate any time; a bomb that would always be his ex-husband’s greatest weapon against him.

“I am also willing to go in every court just so I could have my children,” Seungcheol blatantly said, his cold brown eyes piercing mercilessly through him like an arrow.

Jeonghan heard the warning bells inside his mind. Fear started creeping in his heart. He couldn’t let that happen!

“You wouldn’t dare—”

“Yes, I would dare, honey. I’ll hire the best lawyers, or even use our family’s influence just so I’d win the case. You know how powerful we are, right? But don’t worry, that will only happen if you don’t agree with my terms.”

Jeonghan unconsciously gulped an invisible lump in his throat. Here we go… “W-Which terms?”

There was a wicked smile on the other’s lips as he scanned his face, and Jeonghan hated himself for how he found it charming despite of the reason of that smile. He wanted to smack himself for appreciating the other’s charm given the losing situation he was in. This man is going to take your kids away! Stop daydreaming! Activate your Seungcheol immunity!

“You and the kids will live in this house. I will also move in, so I could spend a lot of time with them. I will provide everything for them starting now, like a good father would. Had I not been deprived of knowing them earlier, I would’ve provided them the best of the best already…” there was bitterness in his voice that made Jeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter