Moon Bows

Summer Solstice

Forgiveness to oneself starts from acknowledging that no one is perfect. To move on from the past and live the present to a better tomorrow. 

It takes a lifetime to know someone that well, however it only takes a second for someone to fall in love.

"Sicayah, do you feel better now?", Donghae asked while giving her a glass of water. Jessica had finished crying and her heart feels lighter like a huge load has been taken from her. She nods and receives the water. She takes a sip and nods at him.

"Kamsahamnida. I feel so much better now", she replied. Donghae smiles at her. Jessica's heart starts to beat fast, and she can feel the blood rose to her cheeks. She looks at the other way and tells herself to calm down.

"I am sorry for what I did to you this morning", Jessica feels shy as she sincerely apologized.

Donghae taps her head, and her heart beats faster. The touch of his hand makes her stop breathing.

What's wrong with you?, she ask herself.

"Neh. Gwenchanha. I know I shouldn't have said that and I did not mean it", Donghae replied and smiled at her. His smile brightens the night and she can't help smiling back.

"Look at your eyes, it's so puffy now", he said and made a puffy face.

"Yah!", she hits him on the shoulder and Donghae just laughs at her.

Donghae looks at her and sees that her face has lighten up and he is glad for it.

"Would you allow me to pray for you?", Donghae asked and Jessica was surprised with his question. The last time she can remember someone prayed for her is her mother, the late Queen Jane. 

She nods and he takes her hands in his hands. He bowed down and closed his hands. She listens to his calm and soothing voice, and the words that he prayed for her.

"Dear God", Donghae said, and Jessica can hear her mother's voice.

"Praise be Your Name", Donghae continued on. Jessica closed her eyes and while listening to him, everything turned so bright and she sees the face of her mother smiling at her. 

"Forgive us our sins as we forgive those of others", he continued. Jessica could taste the tears falling from her eyes.

"Deliver us from evil", he continued on. 

"Amen", they both said together. Jessica opened her eyes and wipes her tears. She has forgiven herself as God heals her brokenness. The chains that is tied around her has been cut loose and she is now free from the guilt she has been feeling since her mother's death. 

"Thank you for your prayers", she said to Donghae and a genuine smile is on her face. 

Set yourself free and let go of the things that bind you down, Donghae said to himself. 

"I feel like a renewed person", Jessica said.

"You are", Donghae said and nods. 

That night, Jessica receives two blessings: forgiveness to herself, and a friend in the Prince Donghae.

Jessica looks from outside her window. The moon looks so much more beautiful. The stars are twinkling brighter than they used to be. Jessica smiles despite herself. In deed, life is beautiful. She went to sleep with a smile on her face and she is now at peace with herself.

Angela greeted her when she came out of her room. Her nanny is so happy to see her back in the palace. Jessica walks rapidly down the stairs and she met the Queen.
"Your Majesty", Jessica did a curtsy.
"Princess Jessica", Queen Anna seemed surprise to see her.
"Yes, Your Majesty", Jessica replied.
"Make the most of your stay here", Queen Anna said and smiled as she walked passed Jessica.
"I will Your Majesty", Jessica replied.
Because you will return back to Cheongdam, the Queen added in her mind.
Me and my sister will return here to stay, Jessica said in her mind.

Jessica made her way quickly to the banquet hall where the guests are having brunch. She smiled widely when she saw Donghae. She made her way towards him as guests greeted her. She smiled and greeted each one quickly. She is a few feet from Donghae but he did not see her yet.

Jessica's smile faded when she sees a beautiful woman approach Donghae.
Who is she?, Jessica ask silently.
"Princess Jessica", Tyler said who just came.
"Captain General Tyler. You made it today", Jessica looks at him and is surprised to see him. She looks back to where Donghae was but he isn't there anymore.
"Yes because I would like you to meet the council of nobles", Tyler said. There are 25 district each with a noble who handles the district. Tyler will replace his father as a lord in Gangnam. Jessica had already known lord Sungmin of Cheongdam and he has been helping Jessica for two years already in coping with the Cheongdam way of life.
"This is lord Reggie of Gangwon", Tyler introduced her to a huge man with a gentle smile on his face.
"It's an honor to meet the daughter of the late King John", Reggie bowed and Jessica did a curtsy. Jessica had seen the man before and knows that he governs the biggest district in Seoul, Gangwon District.
"The honor is mine, too", Jessica replied. Lord Reggie is a known supporter when King John was still alive.
"I do hope you could visit our district, Princess", lord Reggie said. Jessica smiled at him.
"That would be an invitation I certainly am glad to accept", Jessica replied. They chat for a few minutes and Tyler introduced her to other nobles.
"And here is lord Jermaine", Tyler introduced Jessica to another noble. Jessica greeted him.
They talk some pleasantries and Tyler lead her to another group of nobles, lord Kyuhyun, lord Ryeowok, and lord Yesung.
Jessica had met twenty out of the twenty five nobles of their kingdom. The other five nobles are relatives of the King Heechul in his mother's side and they deemed that meeting Jessica would be a waste of time.

Jessica excused herself from Tyler.

"Odiseo (Where is he)?", she asked while checking the banquet hall.

Kkeunde, why am I looking for him?, she is surprised with herself.

Jessica's feet bring her to the horseyard.
"William!", she approaches one of the stable with a white horse in it. The horse neighed seeing her.
"I'm so happy to see you again", she goes to the gate and the horse came close to her. She the horse and it welcomed her.
"You're happy to see me, too. Right, Willliam?", Jessica asked as she continuously pats the horse.
"There goes my boy", she said, as satisfaction is seen on her face. The horse relaxes in her touch. William is a birthday gift to Jessica from the late King on her tenth birthday, and from then on, they are best buddies.

Donghae just entered the stable and sees Jessica with her horse. She looks so gentle and so caring and the horse seemed to love her.
"Isn't she beautiful?", Hangeng whispered in Donghae's ear.
"The little Princess Jessica is now every bit of a woman of royalty, has grace and poise, that aura and that air around her", Kibum added.
"Her eyes when she smiles", Donghae continued then realized what he just said.
"You two!", Donghae blushed and walked before them.
"Sica!", Donghae called Jessica and left the two. Hangeng and Kibum just chuckled. 

Jessica looks at him and her face brightens up.
"Donghae", Jessica said.
"Hangeng and Kibum ajhussi! Salute!", she added and everyone laughed including William, the horse.

Hangeng is already married with a kid and Kibum is engaged to be married. They were thinking of playing matchmaker for Jessica and Donghae, as the two was supposed to be engaged before.

Jessica is brushing William's mane on the right body and Donghae does the other side. The men are done giving baths to their horses and Jessica is still not yet finished with her horse. Donghae gave her a hand while Hangeng and Kibum left.
"In my darkest times
you're my burning light", Jessica sings a song.
"You guide the way
Like fireflies", she continued and Donghae listens.
Am I hearing an angel sing?, he asked himself and just stood there enjoying her song.
"When I was barely holding on
I was down you held me up", Donghae continues to listen.
"Today, today, i'll be thanking you
Til the end of time", Jessica finished the song.
"Kamsahamnida, Donghaessi", she said. Donghae is stunned.
Did she just sing a song for me?, he asked himself and his heart is filled with happiness.
"Donghaessi?", Jessica called his name when he didn't answer. She goes over to his side. 

"Kyahhh!", Jessica screamed. On Donghae's palm is a black spider.  

"Komawo for the song", he said.

"I despise you!", Jessica said while running to the other side and sprinkling soap suds at him from the brush.

Donghae laughs aloud and continuously tease Jessica with the spider. 

The horse looks amused with the two. 

"Aniyo", Jessica is horrified and is throwing water at Donghae. He let go of the spider and pretended that he still have it. 

"Hajima!", Jessica warns him. Donghae enjoys teasing the princess because she easily gets mad. 

Jessica throws the water from the pail and his pants got soak. Donghae was surprised.

"Mianhe", Jessica said but is laughing hard. Donghae has a smug look on his face and starts throwing back soap suds at her. Laughters echoed inside the horseyard. Jessica enjoys her time with Donghae and he with her as well. They are both catching up their breath from laughing, and Donghae suddenly touch her face.

The touch of his hand on her face stopped her from laughing and her heart starts to beat fast again. Their eyes met and he immediately placed his hand down.

"There was a bubble on your face", he said.

"Neh", Jessica replied and she doesn't know why but she feels shy.

A palace guard came and bowed down. It breaks the silence around.

"Princess", he said.

"Yes, Siwonssi", Jessica replied.

"King Heechul is looking for you and would like to speak with you", he informed the princess.

"Arasseoyo, Siwonssi. Please tell the King I will be in his presence at six in the evening", Jessica replied and smiled curtly at him. She still has to fix herself first.

"Yes, Your Highness", Siwon bowed again and left. Jessica looks at Donghae with a quizzical look on her face. She doesn't know what her brother wants to talk with her.

"William, let's have you finish", Jessica said and the horse neighed.

Then another person entered the yard, a Mokpo soldier. 

"Your Highness", he said. Donghae acknowledged him.

"Yes, please speak", Donghae answered.

"Lady Dara is asking if you will accompany her going back to Mokpo", the soldier asked. Jessica stiffened hearing a woman's name.

"Where is Lady Dara?", Donghae asked. The soldier answered and Donghae excused himself. Jessica watched as Donghae walked away. His back on her as he disappears out of the horse yard.

Who is Dara?, she asked herself, then remembers the beautiful lady who was talking with Donghae at the banquet hall.

Could that be her?, she asked herself again. The room suddenly seems so quiet without Donghae. Jessica looks at her horse and sighs. 

"William, do you have your lady as well?", she asked. The horse nods his head.

"Who is she? Can I meet her?", Jessica ask. 

I feel like a pabo right now, she said in her mind and laugh without any trace of happiness.

Kkeunde, is Prince Donghae already engage to someone else?, she asked. 

Why do I even mind?, she asked.

I don't mind at all. I am just curious, she tells herself.

Yes, I am just wondering. That's all, she said to herself.

Yes, that's just it, she reasoned out with herself.