Dinner Date?!

There's more to it than just Hard Work

"Take a seat please!" Kevin smiled, while pulling out a chair for me.

"Why thank you!" I said while taking my seat with a small giggle, feeling a bit embarrassed. I had never done anything like this with any guy, it was my first official dinner date? you could say. Wait not a date! At this thought i blushed slightly.

Laid out in front of me on the table was a small square plate, with the chopsticks laid out on top of a napkin. In the center of table was a silver platter filled with different kinds of sushi. On the side of it, was a vase filled with red Camellias

"it's simple I know, but where I ordered this, come from the best sushi restaurant i know!" He smiled at me taking his seat. As soon as he seat down he held up his chopsticks ready to dig in. "Wait I almost forgot!" He stood up from his seat and ran to the kitchen. When he left i gave a deep breath out, Feeling nervous, but why was I? It's just a dinner, not a date. We are here to celebrate that I passed my auditions. I gave myself a nod of encouragement.

"Here we go!" Kevin came back into the room holding a bottle of sparkling cider and two glasses. He placed the glasses on the table and filled them up with the cold drink. Finally finishing up he handed me my glass and took hold of his, rising it up. "To Min, on taking a step closer to accomplishing your dream." At this words, I started to tear up. This was something anyone would want. To become accepted as a trainee and working your way up to becoming an idol that everyone would admire and becoming someone who will be able to do something they love. 

I rubbed my left eye with my free hand, and gave him a nod, "Eum!" I smiled. "A step closer to my dreams" 

"Which you will reach. On that day, I will be right there in the audience watching it all" 

"Promise?"

"I promise" and with that we toasted.

Our dinner was filled with laughers and smiles. We talked about the small simple things in life. As in how we acted when we were younger, our lives in America. It was nice, being able to relate to someone. Most of our conversation was in English. I haven't had an entire conversation in English like that in, well i can't even remember! After we finished our dinner, I stood up to take the plates.

"Oh don't worry!" Kevin said standing up and taking hold of the plates "I'll take care of them" and with that he retreated into the kitchen.

Being left behind I walked over to the living room and began searching for a movie to watch.

DING DONG

"I got it!" I yelled towards the kitchen as I stood up. Who could possibly be at the door at this hour? Reaching the door, I took hold of the knob and opened it.

"Hey" Minho was leaning his back against the wall on the side of the door.

 

 

(How I imagine Minho a the door)