Jooheon - Babysitter

Monsta X Drabbles

"Are you sure?" I eyed Jooheon nevously, he didn't seem to be the type who liked kids. But the way his eyes lit up and that boyish grin he wore won me over, "Alright, then. Meet me here tomorrow before we go?" 

"This means I get to pick you up from work too? Sweet!" What a dork he was...

I met Jooheon at the CD store I worked at a few years ago. I was shocked to find him earphones in, rapping in the back section of the store. I hated to admit it, but my first impression of him was totally off. He seemed intimidating, like a bad boy. We made small talk whenever he made a purchase and that was about it. One day, outside of work, we bumped into each other. In the library. I wasn't sure what we talked about, but since then, we have become close friends. He was a total dork, but I have never thought of him as someone who liked kids. That is, until the day he offered to help me watch my nephew. I had been complaining that I still had a thesis to write and my nephew was super clingy and was not easily entertained. 

 

---

 

The CD store door swung open and on instinct I started to tell a "Sorry, the store is going to close in 5- oh, Jooheon, you're here!" I grabbed my laptop bag and yelled to a co-worker to help me close up. Then, joining him at the entrance, we proceeded to walk to my Aunt's house.

"What's his name?"

"Haneul"  On our way there, he bombarded me with questions. It was pretty adorable, how enthusiastic he was to meet my nephew. We reach my sister's place and I ring her doorbell. She opens it almost immediately.

"Oh awesome, you're just on time! Haneul is in the living room right now," She glances at Jooheon, "Is that your boyfriend? No fickle fackling in my house!" Flustered, I deny it.

"W-what? No, he's just a friend! I have a thesis to write and he offered to entertain Haneul." She chuckles, noticing the furious blush gracing my face.

"Just kidding~" She pats Jooheon teasingly on the arm, "Don't make her pregnant!" 

"Unnie!" 

"Alright, I'm leaving! Take care of Haneul!" I glanced at Jooheon, and waved my arm.

"Uh...after you," we file into the house and I'm the first to point out his amused expression, "What?"

"Your sister's funny, I can tell why Haneul has such high demands for company." I put a hand to my heart.

"GASP. Are you saying I'm boring?" I pretend to be heart by his comment. 

"Noona!!" A ball of excitement hurls himself at me, nearly toppling me over. I had actually insisted that Haneul called me noona instead of auntie...made me feel less...OLD. Haneul starts bombarding me with questions, much like Jooheon. I suddenly take note of the similarities in their personality. Haneul finally notices Jooheon and hides behind me, "Who is he?" I laugh, introducing them to each other.

"Hyung will keep you company ok? I'm going to sit in the kitchen to finish up some homework. I'll join you in a bit." I ruffled his hair, leaving him in Jooheon's care. I was surprised to hear my nephew's delighted laughter when I returned to the living room an hour later, with snacks. Hanuel and Jooheon had put together the train track and built a community. They moved the people around and were acting out scenarios. 

I bit back a laugh when Jooheon used a squeaky voice for the child figurine, then doubled over when he added aegyo into the dialogue. "Kkukugaga~ Thumbs up~ Pop~" I slap him on the shoulder, telling him to stop, but his aegyo only intensifies.

Even my sister is surprised when she walke into the living room to find us all talking animatedly and laughing. She gushed and embarrassed us some more before letting us go home. Needless to say, this definitely would not be the last time he came over to babysit with me.

 

---

 

"Hey, you coming over today? Haneul misses you." Jooheon and I are hanging out at the park, just a pair of idiots resting from running around like children. I confess that I was a tad bit jealous that he was becoming my nephew's favourite "uncle" (or hyung since we aren't married...)  

"What can I say, I have to win over the family first." He winks at me before putting his arm around my shoulder. I blush but lean into him anyways. 

 "Whatever, just come over," I say, trying to sound nonchalent. 

"I'd make a good father right?" I shrugged in response. "Hey! Just say I am~" He tugs on my arm and attempts to do aegyo. I keep a straight face until he reaches up and starts to tickle me. I laugh and squirm trying to push him away, but we trip and end up in the grass. I take this chance to escape and roll away, then getting to up on my feet and still laughing (and out of breath), I admit that he would make a really good father. Someday.

 


A/N: sooooo....they ended up together?!!?!?!?! X) ehe

What members do you guys want drabbles for next? Comment and perhaps I shall write more drabbles for them ;) 

Enjoy some Joohoney~~~tumblr_oa5hej2LcY1tth6hbo1_400.jpg

tumblr_oa5wd85Nnm1v3tod4o1_540.jpgtumblr_oa5wd85Nnm1v3tod4o2_540.jpgtumblr_oa5wd85Nnm1v3tod4o3_540.jpgtumblr_oa5wd85Nnm1v3tod4o4_540.jpgtumblr_oa69m5RFY71svvjboo1_540.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o1_250.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o2_250.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o6_250.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o4_r1_250.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o10_250.pngtumblr_oa67ut8Vt81v65n49o8_250.pngtumblr_oa5ydasVaX1ukx31ho1_540.jpgtumblr_oa5ybokYuF1ukx31ho1_540.jpgtumblr_oa4crglWoM1vrskngo1_400.giftumblr_oa4crglWoM1vrskngo5_400.gif

Much Love, 

-toffee13