I.M. - Ex Girl

Monsta X Drabbles

Hi cellyne! Thanks for requesting ^^~ 

Is Changkyun your bias? :3 I.M. and Wonho are my bias wreckers, like damn, stay in your lane boys I must stay loyal to Kihyun HAHAHAHA. Srsly tho, I love his voice >w< BOI PLS DROP SOME MORE MIXTAPESSSSS (With Joohoney too!)

MONSTA X member: Changkyun
OC name: Kang Minjoon
Prompt: when you look exactly like his exgirl
Genre: Romance angst

Enjoy~


 

"Oh what a lovely day~" It was indeed a lovely day at the Flower Cafe. Every week, Changkyun his buddy Jooheon went here to showcase their singing and rapping. They were extremely well recieved, never ceasing to attract a crowd around their makeshift stage in the middle of the cafe. 

Minjoon came here often but she never stood near the front due to her short height. She was always near the back; hidden or choosing to stay at her table in the corner, but still enjoying the music nonetheless. Today she decided to choose a table near the stage. It was definitely more crowded but when she stood up she could see their faces clearly.

Changkyun nods his head as Jooheon raps, his eyes scanning the crowd, happy to see their smiles. His breath catches when he sees Minjoon in the crowd. He nearly misses his entry and makes a mistake. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, shocked at her sudden appearance in this cafe. She was smiling that smile of hers and their eyes met a few times. How did she find him? Why was she acting like this? He watched her expression change as she rummaged through her bag, taking out a buzzing phone before exiting the cafe door.

He finishes the song, with the sound of blood rushing through his ears.

"Where you going?" Jooheon looked at the panicked boy.

"Sorry hyung! I'll explain later, I got to go right now!" He s his mic into Jooheon's hands and jumps off the stage, frantically looking around. Running out of the cafe, he sees her receding back.

"M-Minyoung!" He called out to her, but the girl didn't look back. She continued walking and soon disappeared around the corner. "Aish!," He cursed under his breath. He swore that it was her, watching him from the crowd and cheering. 

Changkyun returns to the cafe, and walks up beside Jooheon, reaching down to shove some equipment into a bag. 

"Wha- thanks for coming back to help me pack up!" Jooheon is about to give him a slap on the shoulder but notices his frown, "Hey, you look off, what is it?" He waits for Changkyun to speak, it isn't until they pack everything into Jooheon's car that he opens his mouth up. 

"I swear I saw her. Hyung, I saw Minyoung in the crowd today. I- I called out to her but she kept on walking...how could she come back and smile like that...and then leave?" Jooheon watched him from the driver's seat, as the boy looked back at him, confused and hurt.

"I hate to break it to you, but the girl is still in London." Jooheon tosses his phone at Changkyun, "I know you deleted her off your contacts but check her snapstory from an hour ago." Changkyun finds it and sure enough it was her. Smiling with a friend of hers, but it was still her smile nonethless. "London filter or no?" Jooheon prompts him. When he doesn't answer, he sighs and turns away, "Put on your seatbelt, let's get you to the library."

-----

Everyone greets him as he enters the seminar room in the library. Changkyun takes the nearest empty seat and takes out his books, ready to start studying and ready to forget her face. He looks up when the door opens again, shocked for the second time in one day. 

"Ah, you're here!" His sunbae greets her, "This is Ms. Kang, she'll be joining our study group from now on. Please introduce yourself."  She bows to everyone before speaking.

"Hi, I'm Kang Min-"

"Minyoung?" 

"Uh, no...it's Minjoon," She looked a bit confused, but then her smile widened, "You're the cafe guy right? I'm a big fan of your work!" 

"Y-yes," Changkyun stuttered. So Minyoung was really still in London...He was pleased that this girl was a fan of his, but it the way she smiled reminded him so much of her...Even her name was similar. His heart clenched. What had he done in his past life to deserve such torture? 

"Um, Ex girl is one of my favourite songs, am I allowed to request songs?" Damn, this girl had to be kidding him. 

"Y-yeah, sure..." 

"Yah! Stop flirting, you two, we're here to study!" Their sunbae scolds them, making Minjoon blush and step back,"Take a seat next to him, but I swear I'll move you if you talk about unrelated matters again" he added this time, with a hint of humor in his voice.

"Neh, sunbae," she sits down next to him and takes out her books. Changkyun turns back to his books too, slightly relieved at the interjection but at the same time, he couldn't focus. His mind swirled with thoughts of his ex. How was it possible that he met her doppelganger in the same area, and now this girl was sitting next to him? He was sure that Minyoung didn't have a twin, as she was the only child. 

Do you have a twin? Changkyun passes a note to her, and she scribbles something, sliding it back. 

No, I have 2 brothers ^^ He nods at her, slightly relieved to here that she had no relation to his ex.

-----  

 

She hummed happily, scrolling through his sns pictures. They had added each other a month ago and had quickly gotten close. She hadn't expected him to be so random and funny. They hung out almost everyday, since she frequented the cafe THAT often. However, he came even when he didn't have performances. He brought a different book everyday, reading while she studied, but they somehow always ending up talking and getting nothing done. During their study group, they passed notes back and forth, trying not to be caught by their sunbae. She giggled to herself when she spotted his blonde hair in an old photo. So cute!!!...who's this? She squinted, at another photo, studying the girl he had his arm around before she did a double take. Who was she? She felt like she was looking at  herself, but there was no way she even knew Changkyun before last month. Her heart felt heavy when she read the captions of them. Declarations of love that were not for her, teasing notes that were really underlying acts of affection. She remembered Changkyun calling her Minyoung on the first study group session. That was the name of his ex, and it dawned to her than she...was merely a rebound who looked too much like his ex. 

The next day, she grabbed her coffee and left, not wanting to stay or run into a certain boy. This continued for the rest of the week. She didn't come to see his performance that weekend either, ignoring his messages. She refused to be used like this. However, it was inevitable that she would have to see him that day. Afterall, the study group was important and she wasn't going to let an insignificant being ruin that for her. She went early and squeezed herself between two sunbaes. When he entered the seminar room, she didn't look up. Instead, she lowered her head, not wanting to see him as he chose the seat across from her. Half way through the session, a sticky note was pressed onto her paper. 

Want to grab a bite later? 

Minjoon ignored it, flipping the page over and grabbing her textbook. When she had a question, she didn't bother asking him like ususal. She turned to the girl next to her. The 2 hours went by extremely slowly today, and when they did, she was already out the door. She heard him call after her, but she only quickened her pace.

"Minjoon!" Changkyun ran after her, grabbing her by the arm, "Why are you avoiding me?" He was panting, hair sticking to his forehead. 

"You're using me as a replacement aren't you," She stopped in front of him but didn't meet his eyes, "I saw the pictures. W-we look too similar for it to be a coincidence...don't you think?" She didn't want to hear his answer, but if she did, then maybe she could let go of this small sliver of hope she still held onto.

"Look at me, please," He cupped her face with his hand, and forced her to look at him, "You're different, you're special. You make me lose my mind but not because you look like her, but because you're so bright, so kind, so s....H-hey, why are you crying?"

She hiccuped, trying to stop her tears, "Y-you made me fall for you, but t-then I saw those pictures and I-i just thought you w-were using me." 

"I'm so sorry," Changkyun pulled her into his arms, rubbing her back as she cried into his shirt, "Listen. You're my special girl and no one can replace you. You're not a replacement for anyone either alright? You're you. Kang Minjoon, the only star that catches my eye." 

 


 

I actually had a similar experience...there was a boy who looked like my ex in my music study group, but my ex isn't a music student, so I knew it wasn't him. Plus, when I looked closely, he was obviously alot younger than my ex too haha. Sometimes these things really throw you off. That particular ex was my first boyfriend, and you know how firsts hurt the most!

Hope you guys enjoyed this one ^^

tumblr_obp68wJ7J91unj6clo5_400.giftumblr_obp68wJ7J91unj6clo6_400.giftumblr_obp68wJ7J91unj6clo1_400.giftumblr_obp68wJ7J91unj6clo3_400.giftumblr_obp68wJ7J91unj6clo4_400.gifGotta find myself a guy who looks at me like I.M looks at Kihyun LOLOLOL 

Jokes aside, I hope y'all didn't wait too long!! I've just been ultra busy ;-; Sighh...idk when I'll update Blue Moon tbh

Much Love,

toffee13