I.M. - Campus Crush

Monsta X Drabbles

IMPORTANT: This is a re-post from my other account!! Don't be alarmed when you see this again hahaha I put a note up in the other fic ^^~ Check it out if you have time ^^~ 

This was a request from cellyne!!

1.member name: Changkyun
2. Oc name : Lee jieun
3. (One-shot prompt) A campus crush(Changkyun) fell inlove with a newbie(OC)(would this be enough?? Molla!!)
4. Fluff romance 

Thank you for requesting ^^ BTW I have received your other request!! I am in the progress of planning it! 

Enjoy~


 

Lee Jieun walked through the school grounds, feeling out of place. Due to the fact that she transferred from another campus, she was utterly lost and unfamiliar with this place. She looked enviously at the people who walked together, laughing. During the semester, she had made friends too, but had to leave them behind. She sighed and digged into her bag, looking for the campus map. She continues walking forward, not looking where she's going. "Aha-oh my gosh I'm so sorr-!" She pulled out the map, accidently whacking a guy in the face. He flinches and ends up knocking her over. The contents of her bag spill out all over the ground. 

Changkyun was looking down at his phone when he walks into someone and got whacked in the face. To be corrected, he nearly bulldozed her over. He is about to tell the person off but stops short. Who was she? He hadn't seen her around before, because if he did, he was sure that he would have remembered a face like hers. The girl is wincing and gets up to pick up her belongings. He snaps out of his staring and quickly apologizes, helping her pick up some papers. He notices her holding a textbook like his.

"Are you heading to microeconomics too?" She widened her eyes at him and nodded. 

"Would you happen to know where it is?" 

"Y-yeah, we can walk there together if you want." She thanks him and he apologizes again for knocking her over. 

Changkyun finds himself stealing glances at her during the lecture. She never once returned the look, attentively making notes and paying attention to the professor (much unlike Changkyun)

After class, two girls approached Jieun. Changkyun slowly packed his bag, hoping to get a chance to talk to her after. 

"Hi, I'm Mina! Are you new?" Jieun shyly nodded at the said girl, "This is my friend Yumi!" 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jieun." 

"We wanted to invite you to the noraebang party this weekend!" 

"Oh..um..I don't know anyone here though.." She hesitated, not knowing whether she should insert herself in such an awkward position. 

"It's alright, we'll get to know each other well by the end of the week!" 

Changkyun was silently relieved. He knew that some girls in the class were venomous with their words, but luckily, the right crowd seemed to find Jieun first. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, and walked out of the classroom. As much as he wuld like to stay, it didn't look like the girls would stop talking anytime soon.

-------------

"You're coming tonight right?" Yumi hooked arms with Mina and Jieun, placing herself between the two girls. Jieun grinned at Yumi and nodded. Mina held up her palm and Jieun gave her a light high five. They had eaten lunch together for the past week and became fast friends. Though she was cautious at first, she soon realized that these girls genuinely wanted to know her.

That night, they met up at her house to get ready before heading off. They excitedly helped her pick out an outfit and even helped her curl her hair.

When they arrived, a few of the classmates cheered and led them to their seats. Jieun sat between Yumi and Mina, looking around at their classmates. She unconciously scanned for familiar faces, and her eyes landed on those of Changkyun's. She quickly looks away when she realizes he is staring back. After a few drinks, everyone is choosing songs. The older students go first, performing amusing songs, causing laughter and setting the mood of the night.

Changkyun is content with watching the others make fools out of themselves, hoping that no one asks him to go as he wasn't really confident about his singing.

"Come on Im Changkyun, show us what you've got!" A sunbae pushes him up and he stumbles, gripping onto the mic. He chooses a song, then clears his throat a few times, testing out the mic. Jieun looks up when he does this and curiously waits for him to sing. She couldn't help but find his nervousness cute.

"Ah..here I go.." Changkyun awkwardly says as the song starts playing. Jieun's jaw drops when he starts rapping. She had expected him to sing, but was pleasantly surprised of his charismatic rap. Everyone bounces to the beat, cheering him on. When the song finishes, everyone whoops and claps. Jieun forgets about being shy and joins in on the cheering, clapping loudly. Changkyun and her lock eyes and she blushes, feeling singled out. Luckily, no one notices as they are all teasing Changkyun for blushing as well, assuming that he was embarrassed by their cheering.  

 

----------

 

"Hyung, I need advice.." Changkyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. His six hyungs looked up at him. 

"On what? School? Leave me out~" Minhyuk jokes, walking to the other side of the room.

"Yes-er..no..It's this girl."

"This...girl?" Shownu repeats, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"You didn't make someone pregnant, right?!" Changkyun covers his ear as his hyung screams. 

"This is why you use protection, kiddo!" Wonho throws a wrapper at him and he swats it away, disgusted.

"Wha-no! I mean I want to ask her out but I don't know how!"

"Oh..wow, our Kkukungie is becoming a man~" 

"Hold a rose in your mouth and dance your way to her heart."

"No! He must make a bento box for her!"

"Are you kidding, he's not some shoujo manga character!"

"He should use some cheesy pick-up lines, wait I recorded a bunch in my notebook somewhere..."

Changkyun shook his head and left his hyungs to discuss amongst themselves, deeming that they would most likely be of ZERO help. He decided that he should just start simple.   

The next day, as the class finished, he gathered all his books and looked for her. He caught sight of her walking towards the door, and a hurried feeling came over him. Changkyun tripped over his feet and stumbled, trying to catch up to her as she exited the seminar room."Jieun! U-uhm, I was wondering if you have time this weekend.." She turned around at the sound of him calling her name, waiting for him to walk over.

"I don't have anything planned..?" His heart thumped against his ribcage.

"Would you like to go out with me?" Her expression turned to shock and when she didn't answer, Changkyun tried to look cheerful, "It's ok, if you don't want to! Um, I'll see you next class!" He turned to leave but then he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"What if I want to?" She bit her lip, waiting for his reply.

"You do?" She nodded vigourously, causing Changkyun to laugh in relief. 

He did a fist pump in the air when she left to join her friends. They had exchanged phone numbers and agreed to meet at the park before going on their...date. It was a date. Changkyun wanted to do an out of character dance.  

He counted down the days before he would meet her. He had become infatuated with her ever since he bumped into her that day.  
 

-------------

Her arms swung lightly, while they walked side by side. Sometimes, her hand would brush against his and she would walk a little further."Can I hold your hand?" He blushes, realizing that he voiced this out loud.

He extended his hand, and hoped that his palms weren't sweating. She takes it, and is surprised at how big his hand was, enveloping hers.

Their eyes met, but both looked away, feeling shy at the skinship.

This was just the beginning, they had a long way to go from here. 

 


 

Thank you so much for reading ^^

Much Love,

toffee13