ethereal love

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

You hate me? How cute. ❞

 ethereal love 
chapter VII

In the morning, he was gone. Yeon Young didn’t mind, because she found a bag of gold sitting on the dresser. He’s loaded, isn’t he? Being a Good Samaritan is the best decision I made on this trip. I probably can afford one new durable sword with this, and still get plenty of spare change.

 

She got up as per normal and quickly left her assigned room. She got to the counter to return the keys, and found Xiao staring at her with puppy eyes. “Had a good sleep?” Yeon Young didn’t bother replying and just nodded her head with a slight smile. She waved and promptly left the inn without another word.

 

“Ah…I would have loved to talk to her more.”

 

Xiao’s words were unheard as Yeon Young made her way through the hustle and bustle of the streets. Elder Oh didn’t give her a specific location, and really, all she had was just probably a rough idea of how the conniving merchant looked in her head. She could never go more wrong with that method, but it was a head start, and was better than nothing.

 

Yeon Young paused at the sight of the marketplace. It’s huge, freaking hell; it’s going to take ages to find that stupid merchant. Her eyes lingered at the ugly entrance of the place before moving off to find him.

 

People from all walks of life were there, bargaining and trading. She saw a child begging her parents to buy her a stick of apple honey, but got nagged at for being too greedy. Yeon Young chuckled as the dad eventually gave in to the little girl’s adorable charms and got scolded by the mom instead. Cute. Yeon Young didn’t linger on that thought as she went to another part of the market. She heard that she had been rather whiny when she had a family, and when she did thought about it while she was older, she had to admit it was pretty ridiculous for her to do that. She had never seen her parents once, after all. Maybe Elder Oh was just lying to her to make her feel like a fool?

 

“Weapons for sale! Come into the shop now and receive a one hour shop discount special!” A rough and brute voice shouted, shaking the thoughts of a mustached man out of her head. The weapon shop peaked her interest, and the sale, even more.

 

Yeon Young skipped towards the voice, gleeful. The man noticed and stretched his arm out, blocking the shop’s entrance. “Watch out, young lady, the gown and apparel shop is right behind this corner.” He jutted his thumb backwards with his other hand.

 

She looked up at him, his face full of ridicule and condescension, and she rolled her eyes upwards. “Oi. Ahjussi, don’t try to steal customers from this shop. Return to your clothing stall and stop blocking my way.” Yeon Young rolled her eyes upwards and stuck her tongue out at him as she ducked under his arm.

 

The bells twinkled, signifying her entrance.

 

The man glowered at her, and cursed her in his head for her taunting statements. “Get out, lady, before I throw you out.”

 

“Do you have any manners, old man?” He grew flabbergasted at her sneering jab. He urged himself not to be provoked by a little kid.

 

“Don’t make me use force-”

 

“This sword looks good, how much is it?” Yeon Young picked up the dusty-looking sheathe and pulled the sword out. “Oh? It looks heavy but its perfect for one-handed wielding.” She nimbly dodged to the side as the shopkeeper lunged at her. “Don’t touch anything if you aren’t going to buy it! And that section is for the ty swords, guess that’s why it attracted your attention, isn’t it?” He sneered.

 

“How much?”

 

“A-Are you really buying it?”

 

“Don’t make me repeat myself.” She stared at him with lazy eyes, but he felt like a prey under watch. Jesus, teenagers are so scary nowadays… You would think an adult held power but no.

 

Trying to regain whatever dignity he had left, he held his head high and told her it costs 500 coppers.

 

“You said it was a bad sword, are you trying to rip me off?” Yeon Young hissed, flicking her hair backwards as if preparing for a fight.

 

“I knew it, you aren’t planning to buy anything, are you! Get out of my shop and stop wasting my time!” The bald man pushed her out as she struggled to make herself stay in the shop without revealing her fists. Unfortunately, he had enough strength accompanying his size and she was soon squabbling with the shopkeeper at the door.

 

“Yah! Stupid old fart! This isn’t how you treat a customer!”

 

“You should just quietly stay at home! Stop wasting my time,” He growled. They comically argued loudly with one another, and soon caught the eye of the public.

 

“Should we do anything? The girl is being oppressed, isn’t she?”

 

“No, eh, wait? Isn’t that the one from yesterday? She was carrying an unconscious man. I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

 

“Let’s just wait it out,” She whispered in a hush tone. Suddenly, someone jumped on her back, “Unni! Prince Kai is here!” The younger girl behind her overflowed with bashfulness.

 

True enough, Jongin was walking through the streets in his casual clothes, still looking like a prince.

 

He greeted everyone amiably and bit into the apple that a kind elderly had given him. He blinked twice as he approached the circle of gossipers that had formed around Yeon Young and the cheating shopkeeper. Casually slipping beside a random onlooker, he asked what was happening.

 

“I saw it from the beginning! The weapon seller was trying to advertise his goods and attracted the girl’s attention. Now, they are arguing because the girl seems to think he’s a scammer.” The aunt’s eyes widened as the man took a huge gladiator sword and held it in front of the girl.

 

“Leave before I really hurt you, I had enough of your nonsense.” Yeon Young just stared at him rebelliously like how a child was to a strict mom who wouldn’t hand her favourite toy over. “No? It’s your choice then,” He took the plunge and was met halfway with another sword.

 

Yeon Young didn’t doubt her agility yet the young man in front of her was fending the man off with a daredevil grin. She found herself speechless as she took in the aesthetically pleasing view of a handsome tanned young teen, hair messily brushed back, as if he woke up looking like seduction itself.

 

He’s gorgeous.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
aye handsome boy number two right up. also the reason why i ship sekai tbh they are so much like each other yet so different ok off-topic geez



 

◯ darkmoon