prayer

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Sent on a one way trip to hell.

 PRAYER 
chapter iV

The scent of lavender wafted through the room, igniting a strong, yet serene atmosphere in the air. Yeon Young groaned softly and opened her eyes, going on the alert because this was definitely not her room. “It’s terribly old-fashioned,” She scrunched her facial features up at the distasteful decorations.

 

“You sure are a rude wench, get out of the bed if you can walk,” Elder Oh streamed in with a cup of rose tea, sipping on it with an irritated face.

 

“Alright, alright,” Yeon Young yawned, “That sure was a good sleep.” She recalled fainting yesterday night, but now, she felt revived and thinks that she can even kick Seungjun's now.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you participated in yesterday’s fight?” Yeon Young froze in her spot and grimaced as she caught Elder Oh’s gaze. “Jihun told you?”

 

“No, Seungjun did. He was so worried and didn’t let anyone get close to you after you fainted. He was a nuisance, screaming his head off to Hoya. Good thing he went home. Are you two actually together?” Elder Oh gasped.

 

“Wipe that ugly expression off your face, Elder Oh. Not going to happen,” Yeon Young smiled in content as she heard a series of cracks as she stretched.

 

“Brat, I nursed you back to health and this is how you treat me?”

 

“Thanks Elder Oh.” Yeon Young said with an ungrateful tone and snickered as she saw a red tomato seething before her. “I was kidding! Thank you,” She pretended to be cute and Elder Oh pinched her arm in response.

 

“Anyways, you won that battle yesterday, didn’t you?” She nodded her head after awhile of contemplation. “Why? Do I get a reward?” Yeon Young’s eyes glinted with excitement, “I want free food for a month!”

 

“No, brat. It means that you are chosen to be sent to Exorilon Kingdom.”

 

“That’s a high upgrade, huh? I’m a villager and suddenly you want to make me the princess?”

 

“Yah! Listen to me, I am not done talking. Yesterday’s battle was for anyone to win and if they did, they would get a chance to visit the kingdom and at the same time do a little bit of espionage.”

 

“Get straight to the point, old lady, spying on what?”

 

“There are rumours. People from the kingdom who stop to trade with us have said that there were weird things going on in the kingdom. Sometimes, people would look dazed and the next, happy and as if nothing happened. There isn’t an increased rate of murder in the kingdom, yet the number of people gone missing or disappeared entirely have increased.”

 

“Sounds like bull to me.”

 

“Why, child, everything except sleeping is like that to you, but it’s happening and the traders are losing their stocks and can’t come as often as they can anymore, and sell their at a very high price. You have to go and look if it’s the truth or the traders are lying to me, I’m going to sock that conniving mustached man in the face if he is.” Elder Oh fumed.

 

“Isn’t it safer for a group of people to go then?”

 

“Now, you know we are short on good warriors.” Elder Oh grinned innocently, and received a nasty glare from Yeon Young.

 

Yeon Young tapped her feet and cocked her head to the side, “Hoya is stronger than me! I just won because I use dirty tactics. Send him! I don’t want to do something so unbelievable. The merchant’s probably trying to rip you off, seeing you so old and cranky.” Elder Oh clicked her tongue and smacked her head.

 

Yeon Young yelped and pouted at the elder.

 

“Hoya is too naïve and trusting, and headstrong. Whereas you? Strong but despicable, and a quick thinker. You do anything to ensure your survival but Hoya would be too busy saving others. Life in this village might be peaceful, but the kingdom is the opposite. Exorilon Kingdom might have a good appearance, but trust me, it’s just a façade.” Yeon Young found herself softening at the sight of Elder Oh’s sad eyes. It was a known story around the whole village that Elder Oh was one of those inside the kingdom but somehow, got abandoned and thus, she started building this small village beside Exacter Woods.

 

“You knew and that’s why you pushed me to battle Hoya, didn’t you?” Yeon Young said sarcastically, an attempt to change the mood.

 

“Yes brat, if whatever gossip if true, come back as quickly as you can. Even you can’t fight witches and magic.” Yeon Young raised an eyebrow, “Now you are just belittling me-”

 

“Go pack, you leave today. I don’t want to lose another penny to that greedy and ugly merchant!”

 

“You pack my bag for me, thanks Elder Oh! Call me when you are done, I’m going to sleep with the Azalea flowers,” She waved and skipped out of the house without looking back. Elder Oh just sighed at the petite frame of the child disappeared round the corner. Everything in life doesn’t inspire this girl. I hope she finds something motivating to her in the kingdom. Growing up without parents must be tough, huh? My little brat, go and open your eyes to the bigger world.

 

She smiled, reminiscing the old times. Raeyoung and Yeonmin, your daughter takes after this old, bad-tempered lady, and I’m sorry. Are you doing well in heaven? Tell your mom, Baeksoon that I miss my old friend very much. Please ensure your child’s safety on this trip. Bless you all.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey, so the correct answer is out. And, I realise I posted that question a little too early. I feel dumb. Wtf. Ciao, see you in the next chapter. boom.



 

◯ darkmoon