in a tight situation

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Stop going on with your lies, they make my skin crawl. ❞

 in a tight situation 
chapter XVII

“Did you say your name was Yeon Young?” She nodded stoically as she flipped over the beef patty on the grill.

 

Apparently, this guy called ‘V’ was the head chef for the day, or so he says, and she has to follow his every command.

 

“Okay, Youngie, let’s do this!” He bared his teeth into a weird rectangle and chuckled impishly, staring at the fire like a child to its toy. He gaped as a piece of meat fell to the ground. Taehyung moaned as he crouched down and poked at it with his tongs. “Youngie! Be more careful, would you?” He continued prodding the inedible substance; as if it would come back to life.

 

Yeon Young didn’t know what she should be doing. Was she allowed to leave? Would the guy staring a hole in the head even let her?

 

“Can’t a maid even do her job properly?” She gave the shortest guy a menacing smile, “Do I look like a maid?”

 

Jimin froze in fear for the slightest moment upon, responding in a way that he would with the devilish aura he sometimes got from Yoongi. It was always the demure and detached ones that had the worst bite.

 

Jimin laughed nervously as he told Taehyung to stop giving the girl more food to fry. With a complain stuck in Taehyung’s throat, Jimin dragged him away with a palm covering his mouth.

 

“State your identity, trespasser,” Yet again, Yeon Young’s life was hanging by a thread.

 

This is so ed up. Illegal, may I add? Everywhere I go, it’s just me trying to breathe for a minute without getting a sword near my face. Was keeping a sword sheathed in its casing so hard?

 

“Again, I’m Lee Yeon Young.” Yoongi rolled his eyes, as if saying, ‘like I don’t know that.’

 

“Your job. Do I have to spell it out for you?” Yoongi scoffed, challenging her intelligence. It did rile her up, to say the least. It just wouldn’t be smart of Yeon Young to actually fight back when she’s one millimeter away from a sharp as sword.

 

“I’m a…” kidnapped victim whose never going to escape EXO, Yeon Young said in her head, but what came out of was anything but that, “trainee uh, at the training school!”

 

Way to sound intelligent in a battle of wits. You go girl.

 

“Class?” She flushed a little red, actually feeling embarrassed of her status. Yeon Young normally wouldn’t even bat an eyelid for anyone who dared judge her. She was just herself, and would never change for anyone. When it came to her swordsmanship though, it was some kind of pride that she kinda held dearly to her. With that said, it was mortifying to say that she belonged to a class with thirteen year olds.

 

Oh yeah, not to mention, she looked her age — seventeen.

 

The laughter that accompanied her words was none other than Park Jimin’s. The little, egoistic brat lightened up tremendously once he realized that Yeon Young was actually not some high-level officer that he had pissed off.

 

Ah well, not like anyone could do anything to him anyways. Jimin was a prince after all, and so were everyone in that off-limits garden.

 

“Found her data. Enrolled today. Only allowed to work with Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun? The wind user?” Seokjin muttered the last part silently and tapped his chin thoughtfully as he placed his device away.

 

“Did Oh Sehun ask you to spy on us?” Yoongi held the sword even closer, if that was possible, and Yeon Young held her hands up in surrender. “No. I told you I came here by chance?”

 

“I don’t believe you.” The one who had been silent the whole time snorted. Yoongi-hyung trusts no one. It’s a known fact.

 

“…I’ll die if you don’t, won’t I?” Yeon Young grumbled, and Jimin wondered how she had the nerve to run her smart mouth off when Yoongi was holding her at knifepoint. “Correct.” Yoongi let a lazy smirk surface on his face.

 

Yeon Young contemplated her next move while trying to look as casual as ever. Suddenly, out of the blue moon, she heard something rustle against her ear. She momentarily frowned before relaxing her facial features yet again. Was that silver eyes’ power? Don’t do anything stupid. Coming in ten. Yeon Young resisted the urge to click her tongue. It’s him all right.

 

As if she had magic of her own, she sounded ungrateful thoughts along the lines of ‘ten minutes? I’ll probably die by then, you idiot,’ in her mind.

 

Did we say ten minutes? Meant to say ten seconds.

 

Yeon Young stiffened as another voice announced its presence in her head. Was she going crazy? I have to get Elder Oh to give me a prescription of lavender herbs when I get back. It is a little hard to keep my sanity here. She attempted to relax for the umpteenth time but failed when two bodies suddenly charged in and surrounded her tinier frame.

 

“I ing swear. If you do that again, I will end you,” Yeon Young seethed as she avoided a poisoned dagger. What was with them and surprises? Dear Aza, it was not good for her heart.

 

“Are you falling for me?” Jongin gave his pearly-white trademark smile and she kicked his , not taking into consideration that the enemy might kill him while he was down on the floor. Sehun held his impassive face, per normal, as he stared frostily at EXO’s number one detestable enemy, BTS.

 

“Oh Sehun? Kim Kai?” Seokjin smiled, “Delighted to have the two of you here.”

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
happy new year <3 <3



 

◯ darkmoon