partly demonic

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Do you believe in magic? ❞

 partly demonic 
chapter XII

“Yo,” Jongin said casually while everyone in the room just gawked at him.

 

“Y-Yah, you can’t just do that in front of a human?” Baekhyun stuttered, looking at Jongin as if he had gone crazy.

 

“I thought the reason why you told me to erase her memories was because she saw you use your powers.” He cocked his head to the side innocently, making Baekhyun sigh loudly.

 

“You jumped to conclusions, again. Oi, quickly do it then, she’s conscious right?”

 

Kai,” Jongin quickly turned around at the mention of his name by that sweet voice of hers. Though she sounded pretty aggressive and livid as well, he didn’t care much.

 

Get away from me.” Yeon Young’s authoritative voice caused Jongin to coil back sheepishly, but not enough for her to run away. Not like running did help, not when Kim Jongin was around. It did hurt a little though, hearing her say that to him. I half had the mind to show her, someone I could actually like, my powers. Seems like the reaction I made in my head is a little too passive, huh?

 

Yeon Young’s eyes darted around, in search for another escape route. The five minutes were almost up, and judging by the looks of these guys, she would regret it more if she didn’t even try. Try to escape and succeed, or get her memory wiped, and get sent to work somewhere as a foreign slave.

 

“Yeon Young, I personally don’t think running works very well,” Jongin decided to announce with a decisive tone.

 

Yeah, he can teleport, I don’t really stand a chance, do I?

 

Jongin saw a flicker of despondence in her eyes and slackened his guard, and was too late to see the sudden change of heinousness in her actions and her scheming look.

 

Get real, you . Rot in hell.

 

A squirming Jongin on the ground later, she made her way out of the door with terrifying speed for a human.

 

Yeon Young ran a hefty length for good measure and went downstairs, hoping whoever they were, wouldn’t find her.

 

“What is this place?” She muttered under her breath and surveyed the ostentatious-looking hallway. At every entrance to a room, it would be decorated with a glass stand with a gold statue sitting on top of it. Flowers, probably Gardenias and Tulip Bulbs, were placed in an ornamented vase along the corridor as well.

 

She stood, beholding the sight of the open silver-rimmed windows before her, and caught sight of a recognizable boy with black hair lounging lazily on the windowsill. Sehun turned to look at Yeon Young, surprise evident in his slightly parted lips and hesitating fingers. He balled his hands up and settled them on his lap before addressing the equally lost girl.

 

“…Why are you here?” Sehun blinked slowly as the moonlight started shining on his face.

 

It all clicked.

 

Yeon Young found herself lucky for not giving herself away by gasping. Sehun was also one of them. If he was ever human, he was not now, and was a magic wielder.

 

Dark magic that humans would never achieve if not for a contract with the devil.

 

Did he notice? Could he erase her memories as well? Was he part of the plan?

 

The fact that his silver eyes and red scar was gone could not possibly have escaped his train of thoughts.

 

“I’m a maid servant here.”

 

Sehun just silently surveyed her and she internally willed him not to expose her lies.

 

“Oh. You should go back to sleep. It’s not safe… at night.” Sehun was stunned that words of caution even left his mouth. In the past half of a century, he never did care.

 

Yeon Young nodded as though a lowly servant to a master would. “Then I will be on my way.”

 

She her heel, and made her way as calmly as possible, like a normal person would, although by no means was she sane in her head after everything that happened, but got stopped by Sehun.

 

“…Why aren’t you asking about my eyes or my scar?” Yeon Young shrugged. Without turning back, she said, “Because I don’t want you asking about my personal affairs so I won’t to yours.”

 

Her voice lowered dangerously, “Anyways, everyone has his or her own secrets. Well bye, silver eyes.”

 

Sehun acknowledged her as she left. He turned his attention skyward to the pale moon dangling above. Everyone has his or her secrets, huh?

 

 

 

Yeon Young finally found what was the back entrance to the building, after a good running about or so, not using the main staircases since she was scared of being caught.

 

By now, the sun has risen considerably and it was time for a new day for all citizens. Yeon Young had one more market left and she was going to complete the mission as fast as possible, and leave the kingdom.

 

If those guys see me again, I’m as good as dead.

 

She let out a sight and took in a breath of fresh air, feeling like she just escaped hell.

 

“I hate to ruin your happy moment, but I’m here.” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow as Yeon Young screamed for the first time in so long. She was about to use the same kick towards Jongin with Baekhyun but the sassy user just clicked his tongue at her. “I won’t fall for it, only Jongin would.”

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Anyways, fun time is over, let’s get you back to the room.” Baekhyun grabbed her and both of them arrived at the same spot she tried to escape. Yeon Young groaned internally, and grabbed her hair, whimpering. She was doomed. That hag Elder Oh was right; she couldn’t win against witches and magic.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
annyeong guys. you all are such a lovely bunch of people. but tata, i have to go to my exams which are ending soon. anyone can give me chem and math crash courses?



 

◯ darkmoon