meet knk, the village idiots

The Reprisal of Sleeping Beauty

 

Your worst enemies could be your best friends.

 meet knk, the village idiots 
chapter ii

The road down the river stream was terribly long today, and Yeon Young longed for a nap right now. Away from sight, away from pests. She took a side-glance at Youjin, and grudgingly accepted his existence beside her. At least, he wasn’t noisy unlike those monkeys behind her. Were they here on a fieldtrip or what? What if something did come out, were they prepared? She shook her head at them and increased her walking speed.

 

Well, it really wasn’t her place to talk about work responsibility but it’s not like she was preaching them in real life anyways, so why should morality care?

 

“Wait up, Tinkerbell!” Inseong called out, bashful as ever.

 

“It irks me that I haven’t got an answer for the past 7 years of my life, but why, pray tell, is my nickname ‘Tinkerbell’?” Yeon Young scrunched her nose up at the girly nickname. It made her seem feminine and powerless, and although she could care less about appearances and judgmental villagers, it didn’t sit right with her.

 

“Don’t know,” Jihun shrugged his shoulders, feigning ignorance. Yeon Young shot a doubtful look at Inseong. Even though he was her number one follower, he never ever revealed the reason behind her nickname. He usually shot her a sorry look, but today, he didn’t even bother glancing her way. Tch, be that way, Jeong Inseong.

 

“Want me to tell you?” Seungjun winked at Yeon Young with a smug smile.

 

“Forget it Seungjun, I know you won’t,” She glared at him as he wrapped his arms around her as if they were good buddies, “Can you stop that?” It was more of a demand that a question and she pushed him off extra-hard for good measure.

 

“Jesus, are you even a girl? That strength is monstrous…” He muttered under his breath but still got caught by her, and she jabbed him with the hilt of her sword. He had no time to complain and the next moment, his face stiffened as a bandit tried to shoot an arrow in his group’s general direction, but luckily, no one got hurt. Furious, Seungjun shot the archer down. How do you like getting attacked with your own expertise? , almost hitting my Tinkerbell…

 

Yeon Young and KNK quickly found their places in the full-out battle with the bandits, who were screaming that they would kill all of them and then raid the treasuries and food of their villages. She couldn’t hide the snort that emerged as she matched swords with a retard that thought he could take her down.

 

Think twice.

 

“What is a girl like you doing in a fight? You should have just stayed quietly in your village!” He grinned disgustingly at her, “Should I keep you? You aren't too bad looking-”

 

He stopped talking as she sliced across his chest, and he fainted due to loss of blood.

 

“Aish, the thought of cooking and sewing really puts me in a bad mood,” Yeon Young jutted her lips out at the fallen body in discontent, “Serves you right.”

 

“Tinkerbell. Watch your back!” Heejun shouted and the girl immediately took out the guy that was trying a sneak attack behind her. “Thanks!”

 

“No problem, Tinkerbell,” The maknae smiled.

 

Some unconscious men and dead bodies later, a sense of fatigue finally settled in the pits of her stomach. Yeon Young wiped away the sweat with the back of her hand and focused on the job she had in front of her once more. A few more groups of bandits and we are done. After this, you deserve a ing one-month break from scouting duty. I swear, if Elder Oh doesn’t, I’m raiding the village myself.

 

Seungjun noticed the unsteady breathes that Yeon Young was taking and he grimaced, an obvious frown adorning his perfect features. Sometimes, she was just so perfect, he forgot that they were different in strength, she was a girl and had lesser stamina then they did.

 

“Yah, KNK. Let’s get this done and over with.”

 

“I thought I was the leader?” Jihun received a flying arrow as a response.

 

“Okay, fine Seungjun, be a brat. KNK, let’s go.” With reignited spirits, they made their way into clearing the war zone. Yeon Young wasn’t so sure why they were being so hyped, but okay, she won’t deny their ability to fight. Seeing Seungjun and Jihun wield the sword so easily as if they were breathing, it made her heart beat a little faster but she will keep the fact that she was really impressed to herself.

 

Yeon Young wasn’t one to fall behind as she promptly made her stand as third place in dropping the enemy count. She was doing well, and she thought so too until her opponent backed her into the stream. Yeon Young thought that she could have used that to her advantage but her clumsiness got the better of her. She wanted to take a quick stab towards the enemy’s gut but instead; she fell backwards as her footing slipped.

 

“Girl, I got you now, say your prayers,” The man snickered and lifted his sword up. Roll, you dumb body, get out of the way! She willed herself, not at all keen to die, but alas, her worn out self could do nothing much about it.

 

He took the plunge, but Yeon Young never felt the impact of metal piercing into her skin. She peeked an eye open and found Seungjun hovering over her. “Oi, get up, don’t just lay there.”

 

“Tsk, if you wanted to save me, you should have played the prince charming act till the end,” She retorted but she just didn’t know how to thank him. Maybe she would, later.

 

“Only princesses deserve one. You? Just get a village boy.” Seungjun sneered but it was true. His last statement was from his deepest heartfelt feelings and he sincerely wanted her to marry a village boy, namely him. He had the biggest crush on Lee Yeon Young and was stupid enough to attack her every time she was on sight because he didn’t want her to know he liked her.

 

“Who? You?” Yeon Young mocked, “No more chit-chatting, let’s get rid of every one of these bandits.” She made her way into the battle again, leaving Seungjun behind with a string of ‘Yes! Me!’ in his mind. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Right up on chapter two with some action. note of caution: our main character can kick your . //winks



 

◯ darkmoon